Hottest Toys This Year?

Brad

I got the V-smile console for my youngest son (then 2), and he is just now starting to play with it a lot. I would think that the V-smile pocket would be great!

I got my oldest son (6) the Darth Vadar voice changer with this year's stuff, and a GBA SP. I will prob. get more V-smile games for my youngest, since he is so into it now.

Diane, check out the science stuff Toys R Us has in their ad this week. It is on sale till October 30. They have 6 different science items that are for boys 10 and up. My son will be 11 and he loves science. Especially the soler system. Origonally $25 I believe they are $19. I may be getting 3 of them as they look very interesting.

Elena, Thank you very much!!! I looked thru those and they are PERFECT! It is so hard to buy for an older child, especially when they adore science! ;) Thanks again and they are definitely on my list to get!

Has anyone heard anything about the vtech handheld game where the parents in the commercial encourage their kids to play it? I was wondering if any of your kids/friends had checked it out and what they thought of it.

Is this the V smile pocket? I am going to ge that for my kids.We have the larger V smile unit and really like it a lot.

Darth Vader Voice Changer is so not worth the money unless you find it on a great sale

I am getting my oldest a bike, the youngest are easy at ages 21 and 8 months but I can't for the life of me figure out what to get for my 8 year old daughter.........she isn't into dolls and isn't into much actually.......if I could get her figured out I would be all done shopping.......other than bf that is just alot of extra stuff for EVERYBODY in my family :)

Darth Vader Voice Changer is so not worth the money unless you find it on a great sale

I am getting my oldest a bike, the youngest are easy at ages 21 and 8 months but I can't for the life of me figure out what to get for my 8 year old daughter.........she isn't into dolls and isn't into much actually.......if I could get her figured out I would be all done shopping.......other than bf that is just alot of extra stuff for EVERYBODY in my family :)

I am in the same boat....my 9 yr old dd is not a girly girl but not to tomboyish....and she is hard to buy for now....all she wants is spongebob junk...I have gotten her this stuff for the last 2 yrs...sorry not this yr...nope not doing it...hehehehe....so I think I will try and get her and her sister the 2 mile phone thinks...lol.. sorry forget the name of them...lol...look like cell phones but basically a walkie talkie....and they want that floam stuff on tv....

hope she can give you a few ideas and go from there..

I was glad to see that the Chat Now is on the "hot" list...I picked up two sets, but my kids have decided they would rather have a pre-paid cell (THEY have to take care of refills!). It is only about $20 more and a lot more versatile...

Anyway, I'll hold on to those Chat Now's and ebay them! (Grinning broadly as I remember selling a $40 Barbie cash register for $177.50...)

The Fly Pen looks neat...BUT, it only does all that neat stuff if you are writing on FlyPen paper. I think it is one of those things that starts out reasonably priced, but by the time you add the extra cartridges, paper, etc...you have reached the price of a major gift. (Of course, DD wants one!)

Does anyone know what the hot items are for boys in the 6-7 year old range? Thinking of what to get my nephew for Christmas....

My oldest (6 in Dec) is very into action figures and anything that goes with them. He has this Spiderman dressup set with a mask and hands that make sounds that he likes. R/C cars are a big hit with him too. And he found a Lego Bionicle in the closet I just cleaned out that entertained him for much longer than I expected. He also found my old cell phone, LOL, that I had when he was a baby...he begged and begged to keep it and has been walking around with it in his pocket for days. I thought he was long past the days of pretending to talk on the phone, but he says this is different because it's "real."

My oldest (6 in Dec) is very into action figures and anything that goes with them. He has this Spiderman dressup set with a mask and hands that make sounds that he likes. R/C cars are a big hit with him too. And he found a Lego Bionicle in the closet I just cleaned out that entertained him for much longer than I expected. He also found my old cell phone, LOL, that I had when he was a baby...he begged and begged to keep it and has been walking around with it in his pocket for days. I thought he was long past the days of pretending to talk on the phone, but he says this is different because it's "real."

Thanks. I was starting to lean in the direction of Legos, Knex, or something similar. He's 6 (7 in March) and he loves dinosaurs, Buzz Lightyear, and The Incredbles. We've already gotten him a remote controlled T-Rex and Buzz in the past. I'm thinking it's time for something that lets him be creative. :)

Thanks. I was starting to lean in the direction of Legos, Knex, or something similar. He's 6 (7 in March) and he loves dinosaurs, Buzz Lightyear, and The Incredbles. We've already gotten him a remote controlled T-Rex and Buzz in the past. I'm thinking it's time for something that lets him be creative. :)

Have you seen the Magnetix line of toys? http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001KU8RE/qid=1129061924/sr=1-7/ref=sr_1_7/103-8187447-7299850?v=glance&s=imaginarium

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001KU8RO/qid=1129061924/sr=1-9/ref=sr_1_9/103-8187447-7299850?v=glance&s=imaginarium

Those look interesting.

I am having lots of trouble this year my boys are 9 and 12. They are to old for a lot of toys but too young for just clothes. I'm tired of getting them video game and computer stuff. I would love it if someone would come up with same innovative "outdoors" stuff for tweeners.:trampolin

:eyepoppin

It seems as though kids are really into gadgets these days. My sons are 8 and 15. The youngest one wants an iPod shuffle which is usually about $90 on sale. I'm sure it will be less now that the iPod Nano is being launched, which runs about $125. Most kids love to listen to some type of music--even when they're studying or just hanging out. Outdoors stuff seems to get pretty pricey and since we're in the big city, I wouldn't get it, but if I were in a rural setting, then I think that the little mini cycles are neat and really popular. My 10 year old nephew in Carolina is getting one for Christmas. His best friend has one and it keeps them busy on weekends. If your sons are into sports, the stores seem to have an outdoor basketball hoop on sale every black friday. I know I purchased one two years ago and will purchase another one this year--one for each boy for a "real court" feel (they say). Every Christmas there's also an updated version of the Air Hoggs, which my oldest son has enjoyed for years and the youngest son is looking forward to getting this year (maybe). These are planes and rockets that are propelled by air pressure to make them project or soar really high. Bikes and rollerblades are good exercise if they're into them and don't have them...my sons also have a laser tag set that they enjoyed playing with their friends before we moved.

The science toys at Toys R Us are for 10 and up. So older boys. Definately too hard for little ones. You must have the same age as I do as my daughter is in kindergarten. She has a summer birthday so shes younger than most in school. She just turned 5 in June. A lot of her class is 6 or is turning 6 this year

The science toys at Toys R Us are for 10 and up. So older boys. Definately too hard for little ones. You must have the same age as I do as my daughter is in kindergarten. She has a summer birthday so shes younger than most in school. She just turned 5 in June. A lot of her class is 6 or is turning 6 this year

Yep, Brian's going to be 6 on New Year's Eve. Christopher turns 4 today. His birthday is all screwy. Out here, the cutoff is Oct 1, so he misses the cutoff. They won't let him in pre-K this year. He has to wait till next year, when he's 4 at the start of school but he'll turn 5 right after. But back home--if we are there--the cutoff is Dec 2, so he'd be able to go to Kindergarten when he was 4-almost-5. So depending on how long it takes us to move home, I may be sending a 17-year-old off to college, or I may have an 18-year-old high school senior writing his own absence notes. ;)

Its so hard to buy for my 10 yr old (he will be 11 on November 16). Hes too old for toys. He even told me not to even look at them! he keeps telling me just to surprise him. Yeah right. Im at a loss. He loves the Tennessee Titans, but I don't want his whole christmas to revolve around that. He pretty much as the cd player w/ remote, Mp2 player, computer/printer (the works), Cd headset, etc. Im beginning to realize my husband and I have spoiled him too much in the past so now this christmas we screwed ourselves in finding something for him. Thats why I love those science kits at Toys R Us. Seem fun and educational. The only thing my son really said he wanted is a keyboard (nice one). We bought him an electric guitar last year w/ amp. My husband did say next year he is drawing the line on drums as he doesn't need to start his own band!

My daughter is easy to shop for. She is 5. Anything girlie girl and shes happy. She loves Bratz, Barbie, Kim Possible, and Polly Pockets. Oh and makeup. I bought her a cute makeup set with lip gloss etc. Its adorable.

I bought the science toys at Toys R Us. If your child is older who loves science these are super nice. They have a rock tumbler, solar system, etc. Educational and fun. Im sure my son will love them

Thanks for the idea, I discovered the Butterfly Pavillion and we will all have a great time with this one. Perfect for my 8 yr old daughter.:g_laughin