BF Returns at Target

Tara3117

Has anyone else had issues returning things you bought on Black Friday to Target? Target had a deal where you got a $10 gift card if you spent over $100. I spend about $180. I need to return one $35 thing that we thought was on sale but wasn't. They won't give us full value because we got the gift card. They're prorating the $10 gift card among all the items we bought. It's frustrating because even without this item, we still would have eligible for the gift card. Even with the gift receipt, we can't get full price and without a receipt at all, we get even less.

Has anyone else had this experience? I feel like I'm being punished for a scam I'm not trying to pull!

I returned a pair of jeans (I was actually going to just swap them for a smaller size, but she said it would be easier to return), she adjusted it so that i got back what I paid for them. I also spent $100 even without the jeans. She had to do it manually though, the computer automatically prorated it.

My husband went back last night and fought with them for a half hour. He even called Guest Services. They showed him the screen and there wasn't even a manager override button. If our gift recipients try to return their gifts using the gift receipts, they're not going to get full value back. It's such a scam for a stupid $10 gift card. This is the last year I fall for that "bargain."

I had to return more than one thing from BF at Target, and I did receive the $10 gift card. I was able to "return" the gift card. They basically took the gift card back, "returned" it from my receipt, and then returned my items for full value. Plus this means if any of my gift-receivers need to return something, they can return at full value. My Target guest services person actually advised me to do the return this way. Worked out great!

I haven't tried emailing yet, but I will. They told us we could return the gift card but 1.) we already spent it and 2.) it's not worth losing the $10 gift card for the sake of the $1.85 they wouldn't give us back. It's just kind of the principle of the thing.