What time do you get in line?

RossMAN

What time do you get in line on Black Friday morning?  

614 members have voted

1. 1. What time do you get in line on Black Friday morning?

• Thanksgiving Day just after dinner - hardcore BF shopper!
    • Midnight - 2AM
    • 2AM - 4AM
    • 4AM - 6AM
    • 6AM - 8AM
    • That's what your spouse or children are for
    • None of the above I prefer to shop online @ GottaDeal.com

I remember just a few years ago I arrived at Best Buy at 4 AM and was the first there. Last year I got there at 4:30 AM and there were 40 people already there. Good thing I didn't want the laptop! With Best Buy opening at 5 AM this year I will have to get in line after shopping at CompUSA. Don't see any point in driving home as I live 41 miles from Killeen, TX. All the good stores are there.....

I remember just a few years ago I arrived at Best Buy at 4 AM and was the first there. Last year I got there at 4:30 AM and there were 40 people already there. Good thing I didn't want the laptop! With Best Buy opening at 5 AM this year I will have to get in line after shopping at CompUSA. Don't see any point in driving home as I live 41 miles from Killeen, TX. All the good stores are there.....

OMG. At any best buy in GA, you would have THOUSANDS of people in line by 4:30am! Even Sears last year had several hundred by 5:00! I wish I lived where ther wasnt huge crowds!

Last year, My mother in law, sister in law, sister, mom and myself all got in line at around 11:30 at night at Best Buy. We stayed in the car and took turns sleeping to watch the lines. As soon as another person pulled up we hopped out of the car and started sleeping on the sidewalk. (At least we got to stay warm in the car til about 1 am). We were the first people in line and got the only computers that werent required to be updated. (We got the best deals and we each got one.) Were planning on going around the same time again but this year and we'll send two people over to comp usa at midnight and than TRY to save their spot in line. This year should be interesting.

Last year, My mother in law, sister in law, sister, mom and myself all got in line at around 11:30 at night at Best Buy. We stayed in the car and took turns sleeping to watch the lines. As soon as another person pulled up we hopped out of the car and started sleeping on the sidewalk. (At least we got to stay warm in the car til about 1 am). We were the first people in line and got the only computers that werent required to be updated. (We got the best deals and we each got one.) Were planning on going around the same time again but this year and we'll send two people over to comp usa at midnight and than TRY to save their spot in line. This year should be interesting.

Im going at 10pm and gonna try to be first in line. all im taking is a chair/jacket/psp with grand theft auto and all my music!

:smart:

I'll hit Walmart aroung 3am. Get all my price match stuff, things on the general list and then get in the pallet line. Most of my price matches are from Target so I'll hide out in the magazine section untill about 5:45, get in line and then try to sweep the mall(B&BW, Penneys and Sears). I've thought about this waaaay too much!

Lat year we were at Office Depot at like 5:30 and were within the first 10 people. This year I am not sure when I need to get in line. Maybe you guys could help me figure that out. I want to try for the desktop at Best Buy. This is our first year with Best Buy and we live close to a semi-small city. MOST of the time people go to the mall and Wal-Mart. What are the odds of most of them heading towards Best Buy this year? What time do I need to get started this year in your opinion?

this year since compusa opening at midnight, pretty sure going to go there at midnight then straight to best buy after that as I need several things that are 10 or less per store. I'll be there around 1am and bringing a chair.

Yeah - I'm gonna be outside CompUSA at closing, (sit in the car, using a laptop, and Starbucks wifi) until there are 10 people lined up ... once I've been through CompUSA (about 12:30) I'll head over to BB to repeat ...

Hopefully, I shouldn't burn TOO much gas sitting with the engine going :-D

@

This is my first BF, but after being on this board for a week or so, I realize the earlier the better for getting the items. Even if I wait in the car until people start arriving, I will be at Target for the GameBoy Sps by 2am. Once I see someone pulling in, I'll get out to form the line

Last year we left Hot Springs at 2:30 am to drive to Little Rock. Dropped by daughter-in-law off at Toys r us drove past Best Buy where there was line of about 15 people and went to Target where there was no line until I started it. So this year with the computers that are on sale at Best Buy I think that we will leave at midnight for our 1 hour drive to Little Rock.Good luck everyone!

This is my first BF, but after being on this board for a week or so, I realize the earlier the better for getting the items. Even if I wait in the car until people start arriving, I will be at Target for the GameBoy Sps by 2am. Once I see someone pulling in, I'll get out to form the line

I thought getting there when it opens was good enough. Guess not. LoL. I haven't heard that many Fry's Electronic's stories about BF. And that is the only store I want to go to. Oh, well.

Guest general41391
I need a new computer really badly. I have been praying every night I get the eMachine computer from Best Buy. I will be in line at 1:00 a.m. at the latest. $150 for a $500 computer...YES! :marge:

Guest general41391
I have officialy decided a new updated time. 12:00 a.m. I will leave my house just after 11:30 and arrive just before 12:00 a.m. (my best buy is about 10 mins away and then compUSA is right next door)

I'm willing to spend 6-7 hours in line at BB......for a pair of laptops and pair of desktops (fair profit margin on them.) We should be arriving at BB at 9:30-10PM Thanksgiving night.

Selling 3 of the four computers from BB (both desktops and one laptop) will pay for the second laptop and its memory upgrade completely, giving us a free laptop. A larger battery will be financed by two auction sales next week (Thanksgiving Day auction and the following Saturday's antique auction sale.)

Score another couple of "reject" used computers (these bring nice $$ at auction after doing what is needed to get 'em running....tons of spares in the house, so basically just time invested, if any repairs actually needed) at the Junior League's Attic Sale this weekend (they sell castoffs/donations from local businesses, individuals, etc., and almost all they sell does indeed work), and a new battery is on its way with almost no money invested. I've bought P4 computers there over the last few years for an average of $20/ea....these are older models like 1.5GHz cpus, but they consistently bring well over $100-$120 at auction.

Wow Dalerider! I'm impressed! That's a great plan! Do you mean sell on ebay? U must be a whiz w/ computers!! I'll be like you, although everyone thinks I'm crazy. I'm going to BB at 10pm, manbe a little earlier I'm paranoid. And like "illusion" all I'll have is a chair, blanket and a book or small tv. I can do it! Camping out at WM on Monday for Xbox 360 will be practice. The longest I've ever done for BF is camping out for 5 hours. 7 is going to be different, but I have to get the laptops, desktops, etc.

We are doing the same thing!!! Here in Brazil, laptops cost around 2000 dollars. So we are selling ours for $600, getting $200 with each laptop!!! There are already 3 laptops ordered, and we don't know how we'll be able to buy them (we are only two people). With my profit, I am paying for my emachines PC and upgrade!!!!!:banana01:

Last year I got to Sears at 4 am and I was the first person there. There were maybe 10 people outside Best Buy when I drove past. Nobody really started showing up till around 5 am.

Where do you live in California. I live on the central coast it's not too populated here not like LA.

Thanks for that illusion. I got scared andcalled my BB (St Louis). They saiod they had people in line @ 11pm. So, I hopefully will be safe at 10. But, wow, Ft Worth shoppers are the truth! B4 the store closed the day before, that's over 24 hours in line. INSANITY!!!!!!!

Thanks for that illusion. I got scared andcalled my BB (St Louis). They saiod they had people in line @ 11pm. So, I hopefully will be safe at 10. But, wow, Ft Worth shoppers are the truth! B4 the store closed the day before, that's over 24 hours in line. INSANITY!!!!!!!

haha they don't play games! I dont know what time i should get there now..:rant: