What time do you get in line?

RossMAN

What time do you get in line on Black Friday morning?  

614 members have voted

1. 1. What time do you get in line on Black Friday morning?

• Thanksgiving Day just after dinner - hardcore BF shopper!
    • Midnight - 2AM
    • 2AM - 4AM
    • 4AM - 6AM
    • 6AM - 8AM
    • That's what your spouse or children are for
    • None of the above I prefer to shop online @ GottaDeal.com

Last year (here in Roanoke, VA) - I got to Best Buy at like 4:45 - there was a line out into the parking lot waiting for the doors to open. They opened at 5 and my 10 min. after 5 the wait to check out was 2 1/2 hrs. long!!! I was a very naughty girl and hid the 2 DVD's I was getting under a rack in the office furniture area and came back that evening and got them. Normally I would have just toughed it out, but I had to pick up my shopping buddy at her house at 5:30 - and I don't think she would have been too pleased had I shown up at like 8...lol.

I usually am out and headed to my first destination by 4:30 at the latest.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest all2tired

what time do these sales end because i am not a morning person at all. i plan to go around 11am , will that be ok.

i am planning to visit stores like walmart,burlington,jcpenny ,target and maybe MACY'S...

The early bird sales end at 11 am. If you got there at 10 am, you'd be really lucky if you found anything. All the good stuff will be gone within an hour

is it necessary to be in line so early. what time do the sales finish. i thought of going at 11 in the afternoon..what would the difference be in the early bird sales and the sales that are left fr after 11am.

i will be shopping for the first time so have no idea on the early bird sales. what would those be...

The early birds are the things worth going for LOL JK But not really The blitz items are usualy the best prices on the big/popular items. The sale "says" it goes to 11am but they are usually in the system for the whole day cause the stores dont plan on ANYTHING being left much after the first hour of being open

Usually between 4 - 5 for me. The last couple of years we did it a bit different. My husband's sister was with us as well as my oldest daughter. We shopped in Indiana BF 2003 and we went to a plaza area that had Penneys, Kohls, Old Navy, Target, Wal-Mart, Bath and Body Works, etc. and panned out, got what we needed and headed and headed off to the other stores. My husband was the first to get to Best Buy. Ours did it weird. A different line for different things. He did the main line for things like DVD's etc. and his sister and I got in line for her to get a computer for their dad. We did great that year, and got a lot accomplished in a short amount of time.

Last year we were in Ky. So drove over the border to Huntington WV and things are scattered. Took us longer, but got what we set out for. Had to wake up at 3:30am for that one.

It gets worst every year here at best buy, was there at 4am last year and already over 50 people in line. By the time it was ready to open I'd say there were close to 1000 people in line about 1/4 mile long going around and out of the whole shopping center, lots of die hards here and in a tech savvy market. If best buy runs deals I need, I'll be there 3-4am, if sears or jc penney runs some jewelry stuff for the misses at insane rates, I'll be there.

For the past 4 years we have gone to WM first, because of their stupid pallet rules it doesn't do much good to get there too early. I think this year we may go to Sears first so we will be getting up a little earlier to get in line.[/quote

This is my BF shopping partner. We live about 45 miles from the nearest WM, Sears, mall, etc. I am trying to talk bayhaysay into staying at an aunt's house Thanksgiving night. She only lives 10 minutes from WM and 15 from Sears. That is an extra hour of sleep I could get.

@@

^

````

```

My mom and I go every year and usually get to Shopko by 4:30 - 5:00am. They used to have the best deals plus free stuff. Last year the stores around here didn't have much that we wanted for early bird, so we were able to sleep in an extra hour. We will never go to Best Buy again because we had to wait in line for over 2 hours to check out. Pretty ridiculous. All of the other stores aren't that bad. We usually finish about 9am and by then the stores are really getting packed. Always have to get to JCPenney's for my free snowglobe every year. Pretty anxious to see what Shopko, Target, and Fleet Farm have this year for early bird specials.

This is my first black friday. I know someone who works at wal-mart and plan on getting the inside info, such as how many lappies they will have at the supercenter where I'm going... ideally I'd like to get there at 1-2AM and have the store OPEN so I don't have to wait outside. I went in today and surveyed the area to familiarize myself... found where they have the laptops.