Just wondering how long everyone leaves decorations up?

Scanner420

January 1st is the absolute latest, but I like to have everything packed away a.s.a.p. after Christmas. I've been known to take the decorations down on Dec. 26th. Since we put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving, we get a full month's enjoyment out of it, but when it's over, it's over. :tired:

My stuff gets taken down pretty quick. It really doesn't mean anything to me after Christmas - I just want all the mess clean up and my house back to normal. It's all usually well been gone by New Year's Eve. I do also decorate with snowmen along with Christmas and the snowmen stay until sometime mid to late February.

12th night(January 6th)

:holiday07:holiday14:holiday03

My family is Catholic so the four weeks before Christmas Midnight is Advent though we do decorate during that time. However Christmas is 12 days hence the twelve days of Christmas. So Christmas doesn't end until Twelfth Night (Jan. 6) and only then can decoration be taken down.

Our indoor decorations have stayed up as long as only January 10th-12th. That was long for us because they usually come down on the 1st, but we were running really short on time that year.

As for outdoor decorations. The lawn stuff comes down in early January but the lights don't usually come down until we thaw out, so it could be as late as mid-April. We don't turn them on anymore after the first week of January though.

• 2 weeks later...