That Wal-Mart Blu Ray player does it support Netflix?

DaFees

. Get on your phones ppl!!!!

I plan on it. I have to get my wireless connections straightened out this morning. I spent several hours trying to last night after I messed it up while hooking up the player. I'm getting there though.. 1 laptop is connected now. LOL

I bet alot of people bought it thinking they could connect to Netflix. I'm sure there will be alot of returns today.

I find my network, type in the code, and it doesnt work. Any ideas on what i could be doing wrong?

I have no ideas on the 5120. I just hooked up the 5130 and it was so much easier than yesterday when I tried to hook up the 5120. I messed up my wireless connections yesterday when trying to hook up the 5120 and just finally fixed it today.

i went back and got the 5130 last night. Thats what Im having issues with. :(

I never did try to get the 5120 online.

I haven't tried to connect mine--giving it as a family gift. What type of router do you have? I was looking over the manual on the Magnavox website and it says that a "n" router is recommended for stable operation.

i have a linksys G router. every time i try and it runs the test it fails.. i think ive been trying for about the last 8 hours.

Oh boy! How frustrating!

I know in the past when I have tried to connect things I have had to completely reset my router and change the SSID and password and start all over connecting devices. It seems like my problem is that devices get assigned the same ip address.

I just got back from Walmart after reading this thread. I took back the 5120 and they had 2 left of the 5130 so picked it up. This was to be for a family gift with a subscription for a year to netflix, but now I am thinking since we are all home until Tuesday(kids go back to school) maybe I should open it up and make sure it works. I do have an N router so I think will try it out with a trial membership to netflix. I will then give the gift certificate for a year to all on Xmas. Thanks everyone for letting me know about this.

I just got back from Walmart after reading this thread. I took back the 5120 and they had 2 left of the 5130 so picked it up. This was to be for a family gift with a subscription for a year to netflix, but now I am thinking since we are all home until Tuesday(kids go back to school) maybe I should open it up and make sure it works. I do have an N router so I think will try it out with a trial membership to netflix. I will then give the gift certificate for a year to all on Xmas. Thanks everyone for letting me know about this.

Please let me know if it works 4 u. I might run out and get an N router

Once you get the router set up, there is an option for "disc" mode and something else.

You have to go to the other option.

It took me a while to figure that part out.

I thought I was doing something wrong, but the router was set up right to begin with.

As long as it's in "disc" mode, it just plays the discs and has no internet connection.

I went out and got an N router.. they didnt have any $29.00 ones, so I ended up with a $59.00 linksys. (hate paying full price, but this seemed like an emergency for my sanity... lol)

Once I had the new router, set up on the blu ray was quick and easy! We are streaming netflix right now!

I figured it was a good thing to update my router anyways... we are getting an xbox for christmas and we might want to do some online stuff with that. :o)

Thanks everyone for your help. I LOVE gottadeal!!!

I went out and got an N router.. they didnt have any $29.00 ones, so I ended up with a $59.00 linksys. (hate paying full price, but this seemed like an emergency for my sanity... lol)

Once I had the new router, set up on the blu ray was quick and easy! We are streaming netflix right now!

I figured it was a good thing to update my router anyways... we are getting an xbox for christmas and we might want to do some online stuff with that. :o)

Thanks everyone for your help. I LOVE gottadeal!!!

Glad you got it to work!

I actually ordered the N router from WM for $29 on BF because I have a G now. I hope it works with this machine!