That Wal-Mart Blu Ray player does it support Netflix?

DaFees

So as to avoid any after the fact realizations that I some how screwed I just want to ask on here to be absolutely sure, but can anyone confirm that the $69 Blu-Ray player @ Wal-Mart has netflix support? I know it has support for Wal-Mart's proprietary service, Vudu, but I want to be sure on Netflix.

I actually looked @ the user manual for it, but found nothing helpful there. Oh and if that one does not have Netflix support, then could some please tell me the next cheapest Blu-Ray player that does? :D

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving and Soon to be Black Friday!

I copied and pasted this from Walmart's website. It shows the player as being $119 now. It is the same one in the ad. There are no reviews for it though.

Experience the superior picture quality of Blu-ray movies in full-resolution 1080p on your TV with this Magnavox Blu-ray Player with Wi-Fi. This Magnavox MBP5120F/F7 Blu-ray Player also features wireless LAN for multimedia streaming.

Magnavox Blu-ray Player with Wi-Fi, MBP5120F/F7:

Full-HD Resolution 1080p Video Output

Video on Demand--Vudu, NETFLIX, Blockbuster

24fps (frames per second) for Cinema-like Picture Quality

Blu-ray profile 2.0 (BD LIVE) internet connectivity to enjoy

Download new contents, games, etc

The Magnavox Blu-ray Player with Wi-Fi is Energy Star Qualified

Wireless LAN for easy multimedia streaming

I am wondering about this too! There seems to be discussions all over the internet about whether it actually will work with Netflix. The Walmart website says it will but I found the owner's manual pdf and it does not mention Netflix at all. Some of the reviews of other Magnavox models do mention Netflix, so I guess I will take my chances!

I just got it hooked up, downloaded the latest software update, and can confirm that this unit supports Vudu ONLY.

Our store has PLENTY of them left, and we will be returning it.

The unit itself seems great, the movies play great and look great, but we were wanting Hulu, Youtube, & Netflix support.

I just got it hooked up, downloaded the latest software update, and can confirm that this unit supports Vudu ONLY.

The unit itself seems great, the movies play great and look great, but we were wanting Hulu, Youtube, & Netflix support.

Oh wow, I'm really p.o.'ed now...I was so excited to get this one! I definitely heard from multiple people that this did Netflix. Very disappointed...will be returning it as soon as it arrives.

Thank you for posting this!

It is false advertising on WM's website then because it clearly states Netflix there. I guess there is a similar model that does have Netflix and that is what the WM associate is posting about, further misleading people about what the $69 model offers.

Not sure if I will keep mine or not.....

I think the box says Netflix doesn't it? If not I guess they're going back but I need a rest now. That'd totally screw up one of my gift ideas:(

From what I have found on the internet, the $69 model MBP5120F/F7 does not have Netflix on the box and indeed does not connect to Netflix. However, I have read that at some WM stores they were selling the better model (5130F) that does have Netflix for the $69 price because of a pricing error. I found this posted on a couple of boards-- that the other model is also ringing up at the $69 price. It seems that everyone is confusing these two models and if you are lucky, you might get the better model with Netflix for the BF price. I just sent hubby to WM to check out the situation..... :cool:

Update: Just got a text from hubby that he got the Netflix model 5130F for $69. I double checked with him that it was $69 and that it did have Netflix on the box. So, I guess I will return the one I ordered online.

Edited by Mistygirl

From what I have found on the internet, the $69 model MBP5120F/F7 does not have Netflix on the box and indeed does not connect to Netflix. However, I have read that at some WM stores they were selling the better model (5130F) that does have Netflix for the $69 price because of a pricing error. I found this posted on a couple of boards-- that the other model is also ringing up at the $69 price. It seems that everyone is confusing these two models and if you are lucky, you might get the better model with Netflix for the BF price. I just sent hubby to WM to check out the situation..... :cool:

Update: Just got a text from hubby that he got the Netflix model 5130F for $69. I double checked with him that it was $69 and that it did have Netflix on the box. So, I guess I will return the one I ordered online.

I can confirm this - there were pallets of the ones that did not do netflix. I got one due to the ad. Took it home, vudu only - went back to walmart found a couple of the 5130's for the same price, did an exchange.

anyone know if they would still have any 5130's for 69.00?? I got the 5120F one mainly because I wanted the wireless connection...but would love to be able to use my netflix account with it too.

On Walmart's website they have where you can check quantities of items in the store by putting in your zip code. I checked quantities on the 5130 (on the website this model is listed at a much higher price) before my husband went to the store. It said, "limited quantities" on the website. My husband said that he saw two of the 5130's and he got one. Also, he went to the store late this afternoon--way after doorbuster hours were over.

I would check the quantities on .com and give it a try if Netflix is important!

I also ordered one on-line this morning. After reading this, my husband went to Walmart, explained the whole thing to a manger in electronics and they finally decided to let him have the 5130 at $69 . Went to ring it up, and it automatically rang up for $69. He just got back. So the deal is still going.

:( I only found one 5130 today but will try calling a few further away stores tomorrow morning see if I can get the 2nd one I wanted put on hold. If that doesn't work maybe I'll keep one of the 5120's and try exchanging it in a week or so, need to ask if its regular stock. I really had a mission having anyone check stock today. Over the phone I'd get put through to electronics then hung up on after various hold times and at the store they cleary explained "everything is on the floor".

Many thanks to the OP as otherwise I would have 2 5120's and be none the wiser. I know my bff will enjoy hers but really wanted another one for my parents, fingers crossed.

:( I only found one 5130 today but will try calling a few further away stores tomorrow morning see if I can get the 2nd one I wanted put on hold. If that doesn't work maybe I'll keep one of the 5120's and try exchanging it in a week or so, need to ask if its regular stock. I really had a mission having anyone check stock today. Over the phone I'd get put through to electronics then hung up on after various hold times and at the store they cleary explained "everything is on the floor".

Many thanks to the OP as otherwise I would have 2 5120's and be none the wiser. I know my bff will enjoy hers but really wanted another one for my parents, fingers crossed.

Look online to check local stock.

I read reviews about the model and they all said it did support Netflix

Edit: well just saw all the post about the customer support saying it doesnt, great, not much i can do now. no biggie i really dont need netflix right now

Edited by riven3d

I ordered one online too. After reading this, I ran to walmart and bought the other. They had 4 left. It did automatically ring up for $69. I cancelled my online order. This is why I LOVE Gottadeal! Thanks everyone for posting about this!

Glad you got one! I was too late to cancel my online order......but since I got free shipping, I guess I am only out a trip to the store to return it.

In looking further into this, I think that Walmart's problem is that they mixed up the online descriptions for the two models. The 5130 does not say Netflix, but the 5120 does. But it is just the opposite on the actual boxes.

And as far as reviews--the sites that reviewed this before BF were basing their reviews off of the incorrect description on walmart's website. None of the reviews I read were from people who had actually used the 5120 model. Go read some of the questions that are being answered on the walmart website--people have been asking if it did actually have Netflix and now that people have actually bought the 5120 and set it up they are coming back and posting it does NOT have it!

Thanks for the info everyone. I went back to walmart this evening and picked up the better player. Now if I could just figure out how to get it on my router. Ive been working on this for 2 hours with no avail. :(

OMG!! Tell me about it! I've screwed up my wireless trying to hook up this stupid player now only to find out it won't play Netflix. I messed with my router for several hours last night and still don't have it going.

I'm taking it back today.

Many thanks to the OP for the 5130 info. :)

I returned my 5120 this morning and went back to electronics to see if I could find a 5130. They were on the shelf with $118 price. I asked the salesperson to check the price and she said these are not the ones on sale. I said, yea I know. She scanned it and said oh, they are on sale. I told her thank you and took it to the return desk and exchanged it out.

There were only a few on the shelf. I may go back today and pick up another if I get my wireless fixed. lol

So I've spent almost an hour on the phone explaining and re-explaining situation to CSR rep and then manager who says I'm the 1st person who called about. Get on your phones ppl!!!!

UPDATE: Manager I spoke to (ROBERT) wanted to give me $25 off listed 118 price so I declined and explained advertised 69+10 free credits and as is I'm not receiving credit it would be like paying 35 more. He was kind and offered to include his discount to bring it down to 75.20+tax so I took up the offer as don't think I'll do much better. I placed order he's making notes and will be back to adjust price for me to reflect immediately.Averages to 72.10 each plus tax.

Edited by tinkrbel