Official One-and-Only "What I Got" / "My Experience" Thread

Brad

My Black Friday sucked! First off there wasnt really much I wanted in the adds but its tradition so I was going no matter what! My daughter told me if santa only brought her one gift she wanted a laptop soooo of course I see the Walmart $198 laptop and think perfect. So I head to walmart there at 4am only to be told oh we gave out the tickets at 10pm last night... WTF!!! SO I had absolutly no chance at getting one! Why didnt the advertise it so people could be there!!! I was FURIOUS but of course there was nothing I could do so I tried to make the best of my day. Everything I bought at walmart I price matched from another store....oh and as im looking over my receipt I notice I was charged $25 for a pack of socks...when I was price matching she put in 25 instead of 2.50. I did get some good deals at khols and Justice. Overall it was just a pretty crapy exsperience! Now im just broke and exhausted!

This was my first BF shopping trip. I ended up sending my husband to Toys R Us and WalMart. He left around 9:30pm last night and got home around 1:30. Then this morning we hit Target at around 8am...there was no one there! It was so empty I couldn't believe it. So I'd say my first BF experience was pretty pleasant, haha. Here's what we got:

Toys R Us

Dora Links $19.99

Baby Achoo $14.99

Snoopy Sno Cone Maker $7.99

Polly Pocket Roller Coaster $19.99

WalMart

Candy Land $4

Motion Trendz Scooter $55

Dora Matching Game $4

TinkerBell PJs $4

3 Leapster Games $19 each

Target

Little Mommy Gotta Go Doll $29.99

Disney Baby Doll $4.99

Joann

Accuquilt Go Cutter $199.99

AC Moore

Got about $120 worth of stuff for $45 and change

JC Penney

Cashmere Sweater $79.99

IZod Sweater $24.99

Dockers $29.99

Bath and Body Works

Buy 3 get 3 free Signature Collection

Candles 2 for $20...I got 4

Edited by amylj25
Forgot a store

Friday morning, Target in Farmingdale, NY: got there about 12:30, was about 35 people back-sat through wind blown rain for 3 and 1/2 hours, was told by the one employee who we saw that there would be no tickets for the

40" Westinghouse-it would be first come, first serve-when doors opened, mad rush for TVs (maps of store were distributed on line)-scene quickly turned ugly, with huge grabbing and jostling-managed to grab a TV, and carry it away, but got kicked in ankle in the process. Checked out quickly, got $10 gift card, and headed for Toys R Us in Massapequa-got Sylvania Tablet for $139 at about 4:45 AM, there were about 6 left. Other smaller stops ensued-

Best Buy, Macys, Michaels. All in all a successful Black Friday, but Target dodged a huge bullet re: TV grab. I really thought someone was going to get hurt-I have no idea why management did not do tickets for an item that they only had about 50 of.

Friday morning, Target in Farmingdale, NY: got there about 12:30, was about 35 people back-sat through wind blown rain for 3 and 1/2 hours, was told by the one employee who we saw that there would be no tickets for the

40" Westinghouse-it would be first come, first serve-when doors opened, mad rush for TVs (maps of store were distributed on line)-scene quickly turned ugly, with huge grabbing and jostling-managed to grab a TV, and carry it away, but got kicked in ankle in the process. Checked out quickly, got $10 gift card, and headed for Toys R Us in Massapequa-got Sylvania Tablet for $139 at about 4:45 AM, there were about 6 left. Other smaller stops ensued-

Best Buy, Macys, Michaels. All in all a successful Black Friday, but Target dodged a huge bullet re: TV grab. I really thought someone was going to get hurt-I have no idea why management did not do tickets for an item that they only had about 50 of.

Someone asked the Target people when we were lined up outside if they were doing a ticket system or the like for the TVs, and he said they tried that a couple of years ago, but weren't doing it anymore, because if they gave out 20 tickets for them, and the first 20 people in line got the tickets, then it's not fair to anyone else...hmmm, isn't THAT why there is a LINE the day before in front of the store??? If you want a TV badly enough, you're going to make sure you're there early, right??

Got almost everything I wanted. Hit Walgreen's yesterday, got the Toy Story tent for 4.99, laundry detergent and Dr. Pepper 2liter. Then I went online shopping. JCP first, got 2 pairs of jeans for teenager. Office Max next, got the USB wireless adapter, DVDR and CDR discs(I use black friday to stock up on them every year) and a set of Logitech speakers. Then I waited up for Walmart, got everything I wanted from there, a few toys, lots of pajamas, and the mini chopper! the one online item I missed was the $20 ladder at Lowe's, it went "no longer available" as I was heading to check out.

This was a light electronics year for us, we replaced all the necessary electronics items last year.

Didnt get as much this BF, but did get a steam mop from Lowe's for only $26 so was pretty excited about that (PM plus a $10 off coupon), and my best score was probably online, got Fable III for Xbox 360 for $9.99 from Amazon (29.99 LD plus my $20 credit)!

Well, I thought my hubby and I were both going to target by 2 am. however, he wouldn't wake up so I left late and alone. There seemed to be 1000s of folks in line already at 3 when I got there but I stuck around. We have a huge Target and we were wrapped completely aoround the outside of the building and it was 25 degrees. lol However, our Target did hand out tickets for all teh tvs. All that was left for us was a 46" tv which was not on my list. I must say they did an excellent job at crowd control outside and we got in quickly and with buggies if needed once the doors opened. Only problem was knowing where to find things.

I knew I would not get an ipod there so I grabbed my Dyson vacuum first. Looked for the iTune cards but they had put them behind counter in electronics so you had to go through that line. However the other items I needed were in a pharmacy line. So..not itunes cards there, but I did wait in teh pharmacy line for about an hour and got the Tom Tom xl 350 gps with lifetime maps and teh 1 TB element external hardrvie for hubby for $79 and $ 69 respectively plus I got two $10 gift cards. Not too bad.

Bought a couple of things at Academy Sports at 5;30...no lines.

Then to the mall by 6;15. Stopped at Aeropostale where I got a pair of jeans for my son for less than $20 ( that fit him!! woohoo!) and 2 nice zip hoodies for about $20 each.

JcPenny lines were too long so skipped. Bought daugher a pair of dress shoes at Justice. Not a great sale but they had her size and were about $15 and....she likes them!

Got a few other things at the mall but nothing major. Tired.

Went home, ate and got hubby. Out to the Air force exchange where we found very little. We missed getting a scratch card so hubby will stop before work at 6 am tomorrow to get a card. We hope to get video games there. No good deals really so far on what my kids want.

Left Kohls becasue I found very little and lines were outrageous. One game at Bust Buy.

Thursday I did some online shopping. Got some really good deals for son at AE Outfitters. Had been waiting for a decent sale for a while. 4 nice long sleeve pullover shirts, 2 pairs of jeans, and 2 hoodies for daughter shipped and tax for about $130.

Today,Ordered the $50 iTunes card for $40 with free shipping to my home from Best Buy!

Best deal by far: Amazon--ipod touch 4th gen 8gb AND a $25 Amazon gift card for $199 out the door ( so to speak). No tax or shipping so....really $174 for the ipod touch and no waiting in line for it!

Tires and ready to sleep! :-)

I stayed home and bought the $69 blue ray player, but dh and ds went to Walmart for the $198 laptop and $198 t.v., they got both!! There were hundreds of the t.v. but only 32 laptops, dh was number 32 inline lol. Whew, thank God! A pretty good bf for us.

I got up at 6:30 a.m. on Thursday morning, met one of my dd at Sears before 7:00, that was a total bust, she posted on here earlier...One of the items I was buying was jacket for grandson, they only one in his size and they had a hard time getting the security tag off of the jacket...after waiting for 15 plus minutes, they came back with it and said we got it off and the salesclerk grabbed it to ring it up, I said wait a minute, let me check the sleeve, glad I did there was ink all over it...told them I was no longer interested in the jacket...lol. We then met up with my other dd and we hit the Walgreens, I did manage to find some good deals there, found a few toys that were 50% off for the grandkids, pciked up a TeaCup Piggy, grabbed a few of the as seen on tv deals, 2 big cupcake pans and 4 of the Fushigi Balls got those for the grands and a couple of the adults (boys and their toys)....they were buy one get one. A few other little things for stocking stuffers.

Thurs. night at WalMart around 9:00, not long after we arrived noticed people with items for the 12:01 sale in their carts already, a manager happen to be walking by and we asked him about it, he said as long as we didn't try to check out before midnight, he didn't care...OK off we go through the store looking for what we wanted...only to find out that some of the employees had been told by other managers not to let anything go before 12, so we got some of the items picked up pjs, sleep pants, jeans, the little chopper, a couple sets of the 500 thread count sheets, the crayola coloring sets, a few other toys that were not on sale, but on the grands list...picked up some other stocking stuffers, the dvd's and games were the last things to grab, managed a handful of the dvds for 1.96 which will be great stocking stuffers. Some items were never found or arrived they were not sure, girls pjs, 5.00 Barbies, the 149.00 Kitchen Aide that someone from my group was looking for all, as well as one of my dd was wanting the girls pjs and barbie... Out in the car by 12:30 and off to target, we were a little further in line, but had Son In Law as well as my other half there at 10:00 the night before...they were around 12th in line...could not begin to quess how many were in line total just before the doors opened, our Target is in a large strip Mall, target, serveral smaller stores, a Marshalls, and a Petco all together, the line was from one end of the store to wrapped around the end of all the stores...and of course all the last minute wanna jump the line people, security out there and local Police to try and enforce no line jumpers. Ran in there got an x-box controller, a couple of games COD Black Ops and Need for Speed newest one, a few of the 79.00 GPS units, grabbed the 19.96 griddle, The 14.50 Air HOgs Helicopter, a 3.00 mixer that will have to surfice till I can go and really shop for one, since mine just quit...lol. As soon as Items were grabbed, had sent better half off to Lowes glad I did, ours decided to open at 5:00 instead of 6:00, can't mention what all was bought there, but got some good deals there...lol...ran home unloaded the cars, headed to Orlando, we split up, between us we hit Best Buy, The Childrens Place, Bath and Body, Bed Bath& beyond, grabbed breakfast headed home took a break and then oldest dd and I headed out shopping again, hit the mall Penney's, Sears, stopped at the Sprint store, and another Wal Mart to see what was left...picked up a few more 1.96 videos. I shopped online for a few things the last few days, Amazon, WalMart, Target... Oh and we went and bought the LG Steam Washer/Steam Dryer early at Home Depot. Some craziness, but all in all got most of my shopping done and saved a nice chunk of change doing so and time saved by knowing what was in the ads early and who was selling items early...Thanks GottaDeal.com... Now I need a shirt that says I Survived Another Year of Black Friday Shopping!!!

How should I put this my shopping experiece SUCKED!!!!!It started off great got everything thing i went TRU for then headed to ON got in line 3 person, got everything i wanted in and out in 15 mins. Walked over the Disney store picked up the few things i needed there and then headed to Target by 1:15..Was about 25 in the line...My son calls around 1:45 and asks me can I bring you coffee and of course I said yes..So around 2:10 he shows up with the coffee, I walk over to my car to get my chairs to find my door wide open and everything that i just bought stolen right out of my car.My purse was also in my car under the front seat they got that too. My GPS was in there..Thankfully none of my CC or money, I had all of that in my inside pocket., but my DL and my wallet is gone.I come running back over to where I was in line to ask the women behind me( she works for Targets Corporate office in Min, she was here visiting) who is in charge of security, and she points him out and i tell him what happened, he is very helpful, calls the police and they come and to make this long story short. they wont take a report because they said that i probably didnt close the door all the way and the person who did this just walked up and opened the door...So target tells me they have cameras all over and I tell the cop this, and says with all do respect this a shopping parking lot most of them are broken and the picture sucks...So i tellt he nice guy i was talking to and he goes back up to the cop, to make him fill out a report and he will not do..so im waiting for target to view the tapes to see what they can see..

I am ticked off for you! That really does suck. And the lazy cop should be reported! I hope that the cameras got a good pic of the jerk. Got to love our tax dollars at work.

Got the $28 Ninja blender, but NOT at Target. Got there, sign in the empty spot on the shelf said they were making an "instant substitution" they were offering the Ninja Pro for $56.01. Ummm...no thank you, I came to spend 28 bucks, not 56.

So, I take my little ad over to WM and get one of theirs for the 28 bucks. End of story, did not care about anything else. I will do the rest of my shopping from the comfort of my computer desk.

By the time we got through ads, figured out where we were going, and made a plan of attack, it was 9:30 and we decided to head to Toys R Us first. We got there at about 10:10, only to find the line out the door, across the front of the store, across a large parking lot, along the front of a Michael's, and the along the front and wrapped around the side of an Office Depot. They were controlling how many people could go in at once, and we decided there was NOTHING we needed that was worth waiting in that line for 2+ hours in 11 degree temps.

Instead, we headed to Walmart and got there at about 10:30. Most fo the 12:01 items were still wrapped in the aisles, but we learned that most of the clothing items were open and being shopped in the garden center. The clothes were already starting to get picked over, but we found what we could, and then we headed to electronics to locate the DS games my sis wanted to try to get. People were peeking into the pallets to find what they wanted, and then camping out in the aisle next to the pallets. It took us about 20 minutes to make it from the garden center to electronis, where we found the place everyone said was the DS games. We stood there for about 35 minutes, and then at about 11:57, you could hear a ripple starting in toys and coming our way, of people tearing into the plastic. It was then that all all HE!! broke loose!

I was standing not 5 feet from the pallet, and by the time I made it to where I could reach it, EVERY SINGLE GAME was GONE! People were scooping entire armfuls into their carts without even looking at what they were. Other people were grabbing armfuls of games, and then throwing any they didn't want over their heads into the crowd. The same thing was happening with the DVDs, which was the next pallet over, and then people were stepping all over the DVDs all over the floor. When a cardboard display was empty, people would lift them up and throw them into the crowd behind to get closer to the next display. Between my sister and I, we ended up with 4 games, 3 of which were caught when people just threw them back because they didn't want them. All were really lousy titles, so we didn't end up buying any DS games after waiting so long to get them. ALL of the DVDs and DS games were gone within a minute of the plastic being ripped off! And all of this happened with a uniformed security guard standing right there just smiling and laughing at the madness.

We got into a line and then (since we had plenty of time to wait), my other sister and I went in search of donuts. We found all the 5:00 sale items unwrapeed and on pallets by groceries, but they were saying the prices would not ring up until 5. We both grabbed an iPod dock and she got a hard drive, and then we decided to find a "relocation" spot for them to wait until later in the day, because after the feeding frenzy at midnight, there was NO WAY I was going to be there right at 5:00!

We headed back to Toys R Us, thinking the madness would be pretty much done since it was almost 1:30 by the time we got there. NOPE! The line was still about 150 feet out the door, so we went to Walgreens instead. We got tape, Webkinz, and everything else we wanted there, walked straight to an open checkstand, and decided it was out biggest success of the night.

Next we went to Kohl's. We were probably 300-400 people back in line, with 35 minutes left until it opened. As it got close to openening time and people edged in to try and jump the line, Kohl's actually brought their employees out, and they stood hand in hand to rope off the line so nobody could jump in, which earned a HUGE cheer from the crowd! My mom was supposed to go to straight to the line, and I went for a Dyson (the 3 they had were already gone), the digital banks, and pajama bottms for boys. After getting the PJs, the line on that side was fairly short, but I didn't get in, because I thought my mom must already be in line on the other side. I went to the other side of the store, where the line was already horrendous, only to have them call and say they were now in line back over by boys. We ended up waiting in line over an hour, and I wish I hadn't trusted my mom, but had gotten in line when I had that first chance.

By the time we finished at Kohl's, Target was already open, so we headed and my sister dropped me while she waited for a parking spot. I ran in and got one of the last three fire pits for my sis (ironically to give to my family for Christmas), one of the last 4 Disney princess doll sets for my mom, and a Barbie cruise ship for my mom. My hands were full, so I went ahead and got into line, since it was all the way to the front of toys. We picked the wrong line, because it was until about an hour later that we figured out that another line had crossed through ours, so they'd cut that one off and were feeding both lines into ours. We did have plenty of time to shop for other stuff at least, but all the DS games my sister wanted were gone again. I thought every line but ours was moving faster even after the merge, so I headed to the end of another line, and I ended up finishing about 10 minutes ahead of my mom and siblings.

Mom treated everyone to breakfast at McDonald's, and then stopped at Walmart for our stashed items, only to find them gone. They still had the items, (although we had to fight someone in electronics to help us with the hard drive), but it made me wonder if they used security cameras to watch for people stashing 5:00 items. With the state of the rest of the store, I just find it hard to believe the hiding place would have been randomly straightened and discovered. After that, we headed home, and of course, my kids were up and had just started decorating the Christmas tree on their own, so I stayed up long enough to give them parental guidance for the task. After naps and getting my family shipped back home, my older two wanted to go Black Friday shopping, so I headed back out to Walgreen's, TRU, and Target. My oldest wanted to go to Walmart, but I told him I would rather not after witnessing the midnight fiasco there.

All in all, I did all right with getting what I wanted or needed. The one thing I can say for sure is that if Walmart chooses to do the same thing next year as this year, other stores will be getting my money! If my brother posts his video of the chaos at Walmart (throwing the display box out of the way over their heads) I'll post a link later.

Edited by jndperry

Well, the first part of my BF sucked big time (Walmart) but I stayed up til 4am and was able to get Lego Harry Potter for Wii for $27 on Amazon. I then scored Halo Reach for $29.99 later in the morning before heading to Target in the afternoon. I felt really crappy about my in-store experience and didn't want my BF to be such a major disappointment so I went to Target even though I didn't need anything. LOL

I'm glad I did! It was so nice, organized, stocked, friendly, etc! I know it was later in the afternoon, but it was packed all day and Target handled it well. WAY better then Walmart. Ended up being a learning experience (Walmart, never again, LOL) and a good day after all!

Well thought I was done with my Black Friday shopping but I just made one more purchase at Amazon lol!!! Grabbed Would you Rather for $19 as a surprise for mom (the game she and I put back when we saw the line at Target. It was $17 at Target but $19 is still a deal because its $26 anywhere else.) and season one of True Blood for $12.99, which I searched and searched for in the ads and didnt see on sale anywhere and I didnt know it would be at Amazon on sale till just now, for me (huge deal its regular $47.99 which I refuse to pay). Amazon really is getting a lot of my business this season with their week long sale (maybe too much of my business LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I didn't go to Target until a little after 6 AM (my dad dropped me off since I don't drive). I didn't buy any gifts for anyone at Target today, just things I had wanted....got most of the stuff I remembered off hand or was written on my notes list on my iPod touch...except the iTunes Gift card. They were already out of that (they probably didn't have a LIMIT of # per person on that....I guess it wasn't a big deal since I had ordered the $50 value for $40 from BestBuy.com last night (smart girl am I). I stood in line for just over an hour in the line near the electronics department since that's where I had to pay for my $69 external portable 1 TB hard drive. I did get the free $10 gift card for spending $100 so that was good. I also got Punky Brewster for $1.99 and Percy Jackson Blu for $12.99 and a Carrie Underwood cd I had wanted for $6.50

I ONLY went to Target....didn't have plans for anywhere else (and am glad I didn't).

*I'll pre-face my post: Folks if there are items that you wanted to get but weren't able to get (minus cheap clothes/pjs, but like pcs/electronics/toys) make sure you stay with GottaDeal and watch the online deals forum - great deals are posted there year round!

Most of my BF Shopping online, Amazon, Kohls, and GameStop.

Best Deal: Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffeemaker from Kohls for $7 a/r & a/c (couldn't have done that without GottaDeal member posting a great code!)

I did try to shop online at Walmart for the $4 pjs - but they sold out, and I gave up trying.

Was going to do all BF online - but I really needed to get out of the house for a bit, so went to Walmart @ 2 pm. Yep, got pretty much each item I wanted! Sadly, the pj's were not available in store either in the size/style I wanted. Oh well, lol. The experience was perfect, not horrendously busy, and only had 1 person in front of me in check out. :)

My favorite buy at Walmart was the last pair of $4 Men's Fleece Pj Pants (Tabasco ones!) for myself! :blush: They are on now, and they are the most comfy things in the world! Sure wish I would have found more of those, trust me I looked & looked (even where I thought people would hide them), no luck!

And I'm officially almost done holiday shopping for the kids/family, and I can say everything was a GREAT deal and I did NOT have to stand out in the cold in any long line. :P

My black friday experience this year started online again on thanksgiving :) As for physical stores... I went to Wal-Mart for their midnight sale.

I stayed by the DVDs because that's what I really wanted. We got there around 11 and the parking lot was full. We have a huge Wal-Mart Supercenter so that was kind of amazing. The staff handling DVDs and Games were really strict about the 12:01 AM restriction. Apparently the other side of the store let people start grabbing stuff at 11:30 PM so we had a huge flood of people coming to the DVDs before they let us get them which kind of sucked.

After that my brother and I got into line for the $198 eMachine. They wouldn't give each of us a ticket (we're both older than 21 too!) so I stood in line while my brother sent my mom over (she was checking out with the DVDs). We managed to be in the last group for tickets. It was fairly nice because after we stood there for another hour, they gave wrist bands at 2 AM so we could go off and eat/buy/etc. Apparently, if you didnt come from 5-6 AM then they'd sell extras at 6 AM.

There was a jerk in our line though. A man came by and he didn't have a ticket. A woman decided to give him her extra ticket. She handed it to a guy in between (she thought they were in the same party) to give it to him. But, he decided to take it. Even when they other guy asked for it he said "sorry man it's called sticky fingers" and called up his buddy to get in line with him. The poor guy even offered $20 for the ticket and the jerk still said no. So I kind of loudly told the woman what he had done and luckily another person had a ticket they weren't going to use so the guy who was supposed to get the ticket got it. Everyone in the end of the line heard what the jerk did and hopefully he felt guilt or embarrassed so it made me happier.

Well I hope Walmart learns their lesson that this midnight sale needs to be executed better.

We got to walmart arond 1:30am and all the midnight stuff was COMPLETELY GONE!! Any DVDs that were left were not ones we were interested in and any Wii games were dumb ones. So we had nothing else to do than get in line for the 32'' Emerson TV. (I did take one GDers advice and went to sporting goods and got a camping chair to sit in LOL) So walmarts all "shop till you wait" plan really didn't work so it seems it was more "shop at midnight then get in line for 5am item" so we'll see what walmart does next year...I hope they fix it b/c it was awful!!

But anyway so we got the TV and my mom got the kodak $59 camera. And we got one of the portable dvd players for $50. We were looking for the Sony ipod alarm clocks but couldn't find them. We asked several employees and no one had any idea what we were talking about so we just headed to the check out and left. I went home and was able to buy the alarm clocks online.

Then we went to Target for the $20 dvd players (we forgot to look at wm) we found some sitting on a shelf and grabbed them. It wasn't really that crowded at 7am. We went to Office Depot and that was real empty. (My mom needed stuff for work - only she would go to Office depot for work on BF LOL) Then we went to Petsmart to get jackets for the dog they were all 50% off so it was a good deal.

Then we went home and got some sleep. At 2pm we went up to guitar center thinking I didn't need to go right away b/c uh who goes to guitar center? Well boy were we wrong that place was PACKED!! I did get $500 worth of stuff for $300 due to sales and the 15% off coupon in the ad. I got a piano that I had been wanting to get for a year now. It seems real nice so far.

*Sorry if any of this info is a repeat post...it's been a long 2 days*

Actually shopped pre-BF!!

Went to Target and got The White DSi, Mariokart for DS, The Little People Nativity, Dragonoid Collosus, Bakutriad, Lego Star Wars Plo-Koon set, Coponk, a Hero Factory Figure and Disney's A Christmas Carol w/ Jim Carrey. Saved $95.00 total after coupons and price adjusting!! I also got a $5.00 GC for spending $50.00 on toys!!

Went to KMart and picked up a Crayola Crayon factory, Othello and The Toy Story Lego Train. Saved $25.00 because the items were on sale on their website and the manager gave it to us!

Then went to TRU and got Beyblade's,(on sale) Beyblade arena,(on sale) Nerf Hoop Set,(on sale) a Travel Easel, (on sale) a Dolphin Pillowpet and other stuff that I can't remember right now! I know we spent over $200.00 total, but also saved $40.00 and used two spend $75.00/get $10.00 GC!

So I saved $160.00, got $25.00 in GC's and got 1/3 of my shopping done for me 4 kids!! I think we did pretty good!!

I did most of my shopping online (Amazon, JC Penney, Kohls, Newegg, and Lowes ) on Thanksgiving. Went to Kmart on Thanksgiving for some slippers, cheap headphones, and boys pjs. Went to Walmart at 1205, and there were NO games left of any kind during the first pass through. Got everything else on my list, by then the jr jeans and girls pj sets were pretty picked through, but out of 6 pairs of jeans left I got 4pr in sizes I needed. Passed back through the game section just to see if I totally missed anything, and miraculously the two PS3 games I wanted were back in the cardboard shelves. They were the only two games on the whole display, one of each, but I was smiling as I put them in my cart! There were no more cheap mixers during the first pass through, but the second pass through netted one. Also saw two people with carts full of nothing but towels, but managed to find two of the cheapest ones and one of the $3 ones. Out of there by 0130 and home for a nap. Home Depot at 0830 and Kmart @ 0930, and I am done!! We had wanted the $197 32 inch TV from Walmart, and was prepared to stand in line, but got one from Newegg online with free shipping and no tax! First time in five years not standing in line somewhere for BF. Got the PSP 3000 ($105 after promo credit) and DSi from Amazon, thank you!!!! Great BF for me, as my mom was in the hospital so got to spend lots of time with her. When I left Walmart, one of the managers was talking to customers as they left, guess the opening of the game and movie pallets created huge havoc. I suggested letting people put them in their cart if they were there early, so there wouldn't be such a madhouse, but he said he couldn't do that and keep the true spirit of BF. Later in the day, a local radio DJ said she went at 0400 to get a laptop, but the tickets were already gone, and she was upset. I honestly just can't believe anyone should expect to stroll in an hour before time to get such a hot item, then complain so loudly when they are gone. JMHO.

My black Friday was awesome. Started at 6pm at HEB Plus, 1st in line, to get a 3rd generation iPod touch. When I got to the section where they had them, I realized that they were doing the 4th generation touches, which meant that this was the best deal for a iPod touch probably in the country. Had to run across town to the only OfficeMax that carried the Vizio TVS, they only had one 26 inch in, and I was lucky to grab it as the 2 people in front of me only wanted the Acer laptops.

Another great black Friday for me.

My black friday was ok. I wasn't really planning on getting alot of stuff. Never go for big ticket items like Laptops or HDTVs anyway. I always go with my mom and younger sister. Headed out at 3:30am

I started out at Bath and Body works at Premium Outlets. Got some $5 wall flowers, some buy 2 get one free lip glosses, and a $10 gift set. This added up to $40, so i got the VIP bag for an additional $20.

Next to the mall. We always go to JC Penney first to get the snowglobe. This store was supposed to open at 4 am, but when we arrived, there was a poster that said the store opened at 3!! So we walked inside to see masses of people lined up at counters. We got our free snowglobe, then I wanted to check out this luggage set that was on sale for $38.88 but it was really cheap looking, and since everyone was at the registers we just decided to leave to the rest of the mall. Got another snowglobe!

Decided to go to the Disney store. Here, they had sales on a number of items, plus 20% off everything until 10am! So i got a Cars Remote control Monster truck for $23, a Cars fleece throw for $8, a Mickey mouse mug for $4, a giant reusable disney holiday bag for $4, and a smaller reusable bag for $2.

Next to Sephora, where I got a starter kit for Bare Essentials for $48 (normally $60), and another makeup gift set for $40. Used a gift card that had $25 on it, plus had a coupon for a free vinyl tote, and got a free Marie Cherie by Dior purfume sample.

Next to Target. Here I got the Armour All car wash kit for $15, a couple of DVDs for 1.99, Vampire Diaries season one for $12.99, and Nikki Manaj CD for $8.99. Target had alot of doorbusters laying around but wasn't really interested.

Bed Bath and Beyond was the next stop. Went there and they were giving out coupons for 20% off entire purchase. Bought Cookie press for $15.99, and Ninja Pro for $48 (which included rebate for $10 GC).

Last we went to walmart go get DVDs, ended up walking out with nothing because people were swarming the DVD section and there were only 20 movies available for 1.96, all of which i had or didn't want.

Got the $28 Ninja blender, but NOT at Target. Got there, sign in the empty spot on the shelf said they were making an "instant substitution" they were offering the Ninja Pro for $56.01. Ummm...no thank you, I came to spend 28 bucks, not 56.

So, I take my little ad over to WM and get one of theirs for the 28 bucks. End of story, did not care about anything else. I will do the rest of my shopping from the comfort of my computer desk.

If you have a Bed Bath and Beyond in your area, get your Ninja Pro from there and return the one to target. Its regularly 59.99 and w/ 20% off coupon it will be $48, plus if you buy it before Tuesday, there is a rebate for a 10GC. Even with the $5 off coupon its a better deal than what target was giving.

Well, we did venture out at around 7AM Friday morning, but only because my coffee pot died earlier that morning. Completely avoided WalMart, which was NOT as packed as I'd thought it would have been (parking lot only 2/3 full.)

Went to Belk's because they were advertising 40% off coffee pots and I knew what the pre-BF prices were. Surprisingly, but not really I suppose, this Belk's had marked up every price so when the 40% was applied, the final price was just a few dollars below their "normal" price. Disgusted, I walked by the shoe dept. there and spied some Clarks shoes I'd been interested in. Sign states 50% off......were $100, now $50. Too bad the staff left the "real" price stickers in and on the soles of the display shoes.....$69.99. The shoes never sold for $100, so as far as I can tell, Belk's was playing fast and loose with their pricing. Bad form!

Went over to KMart. Got a cheapie coffee maker to tide me over until I can get a nice one from Amazon.

So.....went home, and then had to go back out at around 4PM....cat food. Forgot it earlier....duh! This time went into WalMart. No crowds. And amazingly, outside the el cheapo laptop, not one other electronics "doorbuster" had sold out. 32" Samsung/Vizio LCD TVs......had dozens and dozens still sitting on pallets in aisles. The Maggotbox BluRay player that was so cheap? Had a pallet of at least 60 or more stacked in the middle of the floor and no one wanted one. The cheapie 19" LCD TV? They were scattered all over the electronics area and again, could get all I wanted of them.....but why?

So, looks like WalMart again overestimated their sales potentials........and within a few days, the TVs, BR players, etc., will all be reduced until they clear this massive overstock......just like last year and the year before and the year before.......

this was the craziest Black Friday I ever have done !! Got the Step Two party time kitchen Thurs. morning approx. 3:30am . Went to Walmart about 8pm with my dd and a friend of hers with the intention of trying to get 2 of the 198.oo laptops for my grandkids could not find a line or anything marked for the ticket items so we started asking and no one knew anything. so we decided to just keep hanging around the approx. area that showed the line from the online map. someone went and got a manager and she told us that she would find out for us. She finally came and got us and took us to a spot that was roped off and said "this is where you will get your ticket . feel free send someone to get chairs for you if needed." A coworker of mine was wanting a laptop also so I called her and told her where we were at and she and her fiance showed up , him to stand in line and she was shopping other items. We had been in line about 1hr. and she comes back and says "they have another line up by the shoes with the laptop marked and there is several people in line" so we go up and ask what was going on . the lady there says "I don't know who told you it was back there but I will find out" After I described the lady she said "that is my manager let me find her" We were about number 17 and 18 by then. the manager shows back up and says "someone made a mistake and put the line here when it was not suppose to be. I had these 4 people (me, my daugters friend and the 2 women who were there when we got there). So she said "I don't care what number they are make sure you hold 4 laptops for them." But they had 50 laptops so we would get one regardless. They handed out tickets to us at approx. 11:30 but told us we could not leave the line at all except for one 15min. bathroom break. later the lady who was our "Warden" as we called her told us that she wasn't suppose to but if we had someone who could stand in our line with our ticket for us we could go to the restroom as needed . by this time my dd had to leave to go home because she had to work the next morning but we had my son, daughter-in-law , and coworker all out in the store. they came and sat for us when we needed to go to the restroom and got us some of the other items we wanted. My daughter-in-law actually became our whole lines gopher !! she was great someone would yell to her " I need the luggage" she would go get it for them, someone would say "we need movies" she went and got half a buggy full and would hold them up and say the title name and price and someone would claim it , she even took clothes sizes and went and got them for people in our line. alot of the people in our line got some of the 12pm items because of her !! plus our "Warden" would not say anything if we left grabbed something and came back !! it was great we had a good group and we all laughed joked and helped each other score on some of the other items. we did have to wait until 5am to get our laptops and I was tired by then but with the help of everyone I got 2 laptops, 10 of the 1.98movies, 10 towels ,some of the 5.00 packs of hotwheels and 2 pair of the 9.00 jeans. oh forgot they also brought us doughnut holes , energy drinks, powerbars, breakfast bars and even gum throughout the night to our line !! we all left there and went to breakfast and then home to unload our items . then one of my BFF's picked me up and we went to the mall . didn't get much there but it is our tradition to go so I wasn't letting me being tired or not getting much from there stop me !! we did not get home until about 4pm ! no sleep and wore out but it was a great family , friend experience that I really enjoyed . I also forgot to mention that this was my sons and my daughters friend first BF experience !!

I predict that Target and others will pull midnight sales next year. I know we have 2 Walmarts and the one I was at the lines were from the register all the way to the back of the store! My wife stood in line for 2 hours to check-out. They were price matching any ads without the ads and without regard for the time they opened. It was very similar to lets make a deal. I quoted ads from places I only read about here and got the prices I wanted. My wife went to Target and said the store was empty in comparison to Walmart. Next year I bet we see many more midnight sales. Any others agree?

Did anyone else get interviewed yesterday? I was just getting ready to go into bath and bodyworks and they saw my GD shirt and did an interview on news at 6am. Then as the day went on I had people telling me they saw me on there. I had so many people that were reading my shirt and so many people said how they thought that it was an awsome shirt! :)