Official One-and-Only "What I Got" / "My Experience" Thread

Brad

my dh just called and picked up 3 kayaks for him and the boys at mills fleet farm, walked in and out. got a free monkey too, LOL I am already done, but may go out later to pick up small things for the stockings. it is 14 degrees with a -6 windchills, I pity anyone standing out all night for a bargain.

Best shopping list I've ever seen!

I am declaring myself done. After impulse buying something very expensive, my wallet needs a break.

I woke up early on Thanksgiving day and picked up Itunes ($40 for $50) gift cards from bestbuy.com and a new memory card for the camera. The one thing on my list was a Nook or Kindle but I wasn't digging the Best Buy deal on the Nook or the Amazon Kindle 2 advertised. Found the 3G Nook refurbished on Overstock and got it and a protective cover for just over $90! Awesome considering I thought I'd have to pay full price for the Kindle 3. Then I got 5 long sleeved shirts and 2 sweaters from Old Navy for $55. This morning I picked up Mad Men seasons 1-3 for $9.99 from Amazon and somehow impulse bought the 42" 1080p tv for $298. I still haven't upgraded to HD and every Black Friday I say I might but never pull the trigger. This is the first time in years that I haven't been in the market and, of course, I buy one. Waiting for my credit card company to give me its annual call to see if my credit card was stolen.

I went to Staples at 3am for the HP laptop for my daughter. I was 3rd in line. This particular Staples is kind of hidden, and since we have a new one a couple of blocks away, people tend to forget this one is there.

The manager came out with tickets, apoligized for not having heaters or coffee for us (lol) and everyone went back to their car and waited until they opened at 6. There were 5 each of the 299.00 and 499.00 laptops, and 11 of the 399.00 ones, which is what I wanted. Very smooth, he opened the doors at 6, and I was back in the car at 6:05.

Went to Target next, got a dvd player, some of the glove and hat sets, a couple of sweaters. Took about one minute to check out.

I was going to try and do the mall, but I have been up since 8am yesterday....

So I came home, waited for the Kindle deal on Amazon, got it. I think I will shop online for the rest of the day.

Very busy the last two days.

T-Day - hit CVS, Sears and K-mart. Got the boys coat at Sears I wanted (and some clothes for me) - found sneakers for myself and my son at K-mart. Later when reading the flyers I found Rite-Aid had some good sales, so we went there. Also got stuff @ Kohls online with codes for 20% off and free shipping. Also, in the flyer discovered sneakers I bought were 15.00 cheaper on Friday

Today - left house around 4:30 AM returned most of the stuff to Sears, went to Target for price adjustment on 2TB drive which was denied. Got coffee @ Dunkin Donuts. Then went to Staples which went very smoothly and I got the monitor I wanted. Went to another Rite Aid for soup and socks on sale. Got soup, no socks, ended up driving to a nearby town and hitting Walgreens for some deals and another Rite-Aid for socks. Got back in time to hit local small, upscale mall before 8 AM opening - got their early bird gift of a cake slicer. Hit Gap for 50% sale, found some stuff on clearance for my son - then went to Gymboree to use up some rewards cards + coupon. Stopped at Quick Check for the Joe To The World free coffee! Then off to Walmart. Didn't find the item I wanted to price match (the big top cupcake maker) - but did find some 1.96 DVD's left after 9 AM. Then to K-mart who gave me no problems adjusting the sneakers to save $15.00! Got a coat for me, WWE PJ's for my son and came home around 11 AM.

Edited by lesliepear
forgot something

OK, so my family and I are first on line. We get a camera, 3 laptops, a desktop, and a Nook. We go to where we pay for our items, being first on line we get there immediately. Then after getting our laptops we are told we have to go stand in line in the photo department for the camera and on the line in front for the Nook. ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!?!?! By the time I finished in the computer section the lines were through the store. OK, so I get on line in the photo department, an hour later I get my camera, but still no Nook. I am told for the Nook I have to get on a third line. WTF!!!! Not sure if it was a matter of being over tired or adrenaline, but I made it quite clear they will deliver the Nook to the photo section for me to pay for there. After about 5 minutes they had a Best Buy employee go over to the front and return with my Nook. How the heck does Best Buy expect people not to want to riot and strangle the first employee with a policy like that? I spent over $3000 in their damned store and they want to have me standing in lines so I don't want to return next year?

OK, so my family and I are first on line. We get a camera, 3 laptops, a desktop, and a Nook. We go to where we pay for our items, being first on line we get there immediately. Then after getting our laptops we are told we have to go stand in line in the photo department for the camera and on the line in front for the Nook. ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!?!?! By the time I finished in the computer section the lines were through the store. OK, so I get on line in the photo department, an hour later I get my camera, but still no Nook. I am told for the Nook I have to get on a third line. WTF!!!! Not sure if it was a matter of being over tired or adrenaline, but I made it quite clear they will deliver the Nook to the photo section for me to pay for there. After about 5 minutes they had a Best Buy employee go over to the front and return with my Nook. How the heck does Best Buy expect people not to want to riot and strangle the first employee with a policy like that? I spent over $3000 in their damned store and they want to have me standing in lines so I don't want to return next year?

Wow that is crazy - three different lines, probably not counting the check out line and the line you might have stayed in to get into the store! I'd be a little flustered also. But glad you got what you wanted.

Best Buy has the worst policies. I waited outside of one a few years ago for 16 hours. When they passed out tickets, they announced that it was one doorbuster per person. To put it mildly, I was less than pleased. At least you got what you went for.

I promised them I would not shop there again and I haven't bought anything in store since. This year I relaxed my internet policy and bought from them online but made sure I put in a separate order for everything so they'd have to ship separately and hopefully my order will end up costing them money!

Ok. Maybe I cheated, but this is one of the best black friday shopping days I've ever had. It's 1:19pm and I'm still in my pjs but between yesterday and today, I have my laptops, uggs, luggage, beatles rock band limited, fable III american eagle and aerie clothes and lots of other stuff for black friday pricing and less ....

Still need a good deal on a sony walkman mp3 player and a train set, but a huge dent has been made ....

THANK YOU GOTTADEAL!!!!! :)

Super-Walmart: Midnight

( I already own a lot of the same DVD's, but oh well)

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lord of the Rings: The Return Of the King

Taken

Taken: Blu-Ray

Chuck: Season 2

Mr. Beans Holiday

The Bourne Identity

The Bourne Supremacy

The Bourne Ultimatum

Speed Racer

Heat: Blu-Ray

The Dark Knight: Blu-Ray

& two of the $5 footballs to replace the ones that are either being stolen or simply disapeering at Qwest Field's TD City.

The checkout line was a complete disaster. No order or anything, I stood in line for over an hour. Basically, the line that we were in, only looped into one checkout line. Eventually and finally, one of the workers ended up helping a few of us move into the center check out. A lot of people were buying just unreal amounts of stuff, 1-2 carts full. I guess they were having problems scanning the E-Machines as well.

Target:

Psych: Season 4

Burn Notice: Season 3

The Matrix: Blu-Ray

Hot Tub Time Machine

Changeling

Not a problem at all, though I think a lot of people ended up being disapointed in not getting that Westinghouse TV, I guess it went real real fast....

Walmart:

Basically everything went straight to heck once 5 am rolled around, people were literally falling over each other and pushing, and I'm not even sure over exactly what item. The entire cart of memory/flash cards went straight to the floor, they were basically all spread all over the place. I did manage in all of the choas to pick up the Kodak EasyShare Camera +Charge Kit and the RCA Portable Digital TV. I'm not sure if this was a common occurance or not, but after everything cleared out for a second, you literally had people with like 6 copies of the same item....

Also more DVD's:

The Expendables: Blu-Ray +DVD

Blade Runner

The Box

I AM Legend

The Vampire Lovers/Countess Dracula ( RIP Ingrid Pitt)

Radio Shack:

Stereo Audio Cable

Macys:

Shirt

Borders:

Kick-Ass

Curse of the Golden Flower

Warehouse 13 ( one copy for myself and one for my buddy at the Safeco Field Garage)

Marshalls:

A Christmas Story

The Company ( CIA Mini Series on TNT a yr or so back)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/WilliamSchlegel/DVDS004.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/WilliamSchlegel/DVDS006-1.jpg

Edited by shhimundercover

I wasn't looking for anything "hot" from Toys R Us, so I planned to get there a bit later anyways, but at 10pm, it was absolutely out of control. They were only letting in 50 people at a time to "keep the lines down", which was an absolute joke. It took 2 hours to get in the store, and another hour to check out. I usually skip TRU all together and now I remember why.

Walmart, other than looking just as trashed as it always is, they had pretty much everything I wanted except for the waffle maker.

Target REALLY let me down this year. Totally disorganized and the lines were snaking circles around the store. Typically they are one of the best in this area for being organized and they just couldn't handle it.

Kohls was a breeze, in and out in less than 30 minutes.

Spent way more time waiting in lines to check out than ever. I am seriously thinking that next year might be an online Black Friday for me. I am so over the crowds and chaos.

Yesterday my mom & I went to Sears and it was a huge bust. Our Sears is terrible, and barely had any of the advertised items. The $9.99 "jeans for the whole family" advertised were really jean leggings, and the $12.99 jackets were very limited sizes. We found one for my DS and when we took it to the register, we had to wait for over 15 minutes while they tried to take off the security tag. Then when they finally got it off, the security ink was all over the sleeve and they tried to act like there was nothing wrong with the jacket. We ended up not getting it at all. However, we hit Walgreens and got some great deals with the toys at 50% off.

My mom, sister & I then hit Walmart around 9:15 p.m. People were already there and getting some of the midnight items. We complained to one of the sotre managers who said he didn't care if we grabbed stuff, so long as we didn't try to check out before midnight. So, since everyone else was grabbing we started getting some too. However, they weren't consistent at all because half the employees would let you grab stuff, but one of the other managers in the store was yelling at people to put stuff back and literally yanking things out of their hands. The DVD's and games were insane. Managed to grab a few DS games but none of the other platforms. Got one of the Rock Star Zhu Zhu pets, 2 of the $4 pj's, 2 of the $4 thermal shirts (the hoodies were nowhere to be found), a couple pair of the $8 jeans, $5 Hot wheels, $2.97 hand mixer and a handful of DVD's but we avoided the 5 a.m. electronics. My son didn't want a lot of the toys in the add, so I bought a few non-sale items for him as well. My mom & sister got most of what they wanted as well. Checked out by 12:15 then headed across the street to wait in line at Target. Walmart was a mess, completely unorganized and totaly inconsistent with what they were saying. They didn't get several of the items, like the $5 Barbies, girls $4 pj's or the $149 Kitchenaid mixer.

Target was busy but a better experience. We got there before 12:30 and were 50th in line. We did have some family waiting at Target at 9 p.m. and even they were still not the first in line. Target security team and the local PD were out making sure people weren't trying to jump in line, but people still tried to jump in. Can't stand that...you want it that badly? Get there early like the rest of us. Ended up grabbing the $79 GPS, the $35 Need for Speed game, the $6 boys jeans and more of the DVD's. The only bad thing was that the checkout lines were not moving very quickly but we were out by 4:45 a.m. Made a quick trip home to nload and then we headed over to The Children's Place and got some really cute shirts and a watch. They had everything 30% off and then another coupon for an additional 20% off, so we got some great prices. Hit Bath & Body Works last for some good smelling stuff and finally made it home...I've got my third wind now and itching to go back out!

well This year at wm I got in line at 9pm for the TV i wanted. second in line. I was allowed to shop while I waited but thats because the boy watching us liked our group waiting. he said we were NOT to leave the line except to go to BR for 10 mins or we loose our ticket.. but we were good to him and he was good to us. 8 hours in line I got everything on my list except the 3 dollar chopper.. I also PMed from 4 different stores with NO problems at all.. spent all my money but had great time

well This year at wm I got in line at 9pm for the TV i wanted. second in line. I was allowed to shop while I waited but thats because the boy watching us liked our group waiting. he said we were NOT to leave the line except to go to BR for 10 mins or we loose our ticket.. but we were good to him and he was good to us. 8 hours in line I got everything on my list except the 3 dollar chopper.. I also PMed from 4 different stores with NO problems at all.. spent all my money but had great time

Glad everything went well, I got everything except the chopper too ( I really wanted that thing lol) I got the $198 laptop, had been there since 9pm. This was my first time actually lining up somewhere all night and I have to say it was fun! I might do it again next year!

The worst black Friday for me ever! I was in line at Best Buy at 11:00 am on Thursday morning. I was not first, the chinese family of 5 (3 adults 2 kids) were first. This was the same family that was 3rd last year and I was nice enough to get them a few tickets they asked for (I was first that year).

I sat there all day and night till 4 am Friday to find out our store only had 3 of the $189. laptops and the chinese family took every one of the tickets. Did I mention they made it clear they were not there for that computer all night long? Did I mention how clear I made it that I WAS, and very excited that I was finally able to replace my dead laptop.

I left there at 4 am in tears, might sound stupid to some but I was upset on so many levels.

Anyone know if there store only got 3 of that computer??????????????????

I look forwaord to this day all year like most of you, this experience has made this my last.

So fortunately I checked my email at 12:15 last night and had a message that I left my purse at my aunt's house - AAARRGGGHHH! So I had to wake up my cousin to put it out front for me otherwise my shopping night would have been a bust!!!

Hit the mall at about 1 AM and was shocked - I have never seen it this busy and way too many teens hanging out. Anyway, got dd Hallmark ornament for $6 after using the $10 coupon. Headed to the Disney Store and line was too long so went to MAcy's it was crazy there because Sears, Boscov's & Penneys were still closed. Got 5 pairs of Carter's pj's, a Tommy Hilfiger sheet set & a Calvin Klein pillow for $58.00. Headed back to Disney Store & line was much better - got T shirts, Cinderella doll and large pack of Toy Story figures. Headed out about 3:30 to hit Target by the mall. Saw the line & headed to Target closer to home. That wasn't as bad but figured I would be so far back in line I would never get what I wanted so headed on over to Walmart.

Walked in to Walmart at 4:00 and browsed for a bit - looked for the Power Wheels but none to be found. Got in line about 4:20 for the xbox - was 17 out of 50 - wahoo!!! Saw the Gottadeal email that Walmart was live online so I ordered the Power Wheels while waiting for the xbox - Thanks Gottadeal!!!! Met my cousin at the checkout line, hit the restroom and was out by 5:15. Headed to Target, breezed in, got the video rocker, jewelry armoire, playdoh, Phillips earbuds & flannel sheets but no Just Dance 2 :( Stopped at Starbucks on the way out and they dug out some Cranberry Bliss bars for me - heaven!!! Home Depot for the $1.98 LED lights and home to bed by 6:30.

Everything was great save for Macy's and that was just long lines. Awesome experience for my 1st hard core BF.

We went to Walmart, TRU, Home Depot and BigLots.

I got:

TRU:

the Play On Speaker Dock for the ipod: $9.99

a guitar: $19.99

a set of drumsticks: $17.99

some buy videogames get 1 for $5.

Walmart

3 jammies with feet for my 2 year old son: $12

a Tinkerbell hoodie for my 8 year old daughter: $4

a couple pairs of pj pants for my 11 year old oldest daughter: $10

comforters for my daughters and son: $94.40

comforter set for myself and husband: $34.88

Hamilton Beach 5 quart crockpot $9.97

hot wheels packs: $15

some towels: $13.30

sets of candles: $15

The Blind Side DVD: $5

waterproof/fire safe: $20

I price matched The Vampire Diaries season 1 DVD...Walmart price was $44.96...Target price was $12.99.

Home Depot

.99 cent poinsettas.

BigLots

8' snowman and penguin: $37.76

Black and Decker workbench: $25

I think that's it. :)

I went to Joann Fabrics and waited in line for the doors to open (who knew that Joann Fabrics would have people waiting to get in the store?). I was going after the $69 Cricut and the cartridges that were on sale. About 5 minutes before opening, two employees came out to hand out tickets for the Cricuts and I got one for the one I was after...Looked down at it and the price said $59.99...they took another $10 off the published ad price! Bonus!

That's what they sold them for at Michaels on Thursday even though it wasn't advertised at that price. Good deals!

The worst black Friday for me ever! I was in line at Best Buy at 11:00 am on Thursday morning. I was not first, the chinese family of 5 (3 adults 2 kids) were first. This was the same family that was 3rd last year and I was nice enough to get them a few tickets they asked for (I was first that year).

I sat there all day and night till 4 am Friday to find out our store only had 3 of the $189. laptops and the chinese family took every one of the tickets. Did I mention they made it clear they were not there for that computer all night long? Did I mention how clear I made it that I WAS, and very excited that I was finally able to replace my dead laptop.

I left there at 4 am in tears, might sound stupid to some but I was upset on so many levels.

Anyone know if there store only got 3 of that computer??????????????????

I look forwaord to this day all year like most of you, this experience has made this my last.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Keep checking the ads because there will still be some good deals and no lines! Maybe they figured if this was something worth waiting in line for they better get it too. Or they are just plain selfish! I'd write a letter to Best Buy Corporate and tell them what happened, how incredibly long you waited and that it's bad customer relations to only have 3 of any advertised item and not let people know who have been waiting in line FOREVER. They could at least put a sign on the door and state how many of the super deals they have so people dont' end up frustrated and mad at the store. It's worth a try-you never know what corporate might do for you!

Old Navy at midnight-was there about 10:45 and was third in line. They handed out wristbands about 1/2 before they opened for the Kinect game. More people in line that the 60 games they had. Bought the boys (ok, men now!) underwear, checked out and was done there. Went to Walmart where the lines were really long. Got two Cricut cartridges and 2 fo the 2qt Crockpots. Checked out in electronics - 3 people ahead of me. Then home for a quick sandwich. Back to Walmart-no lines at all and bought some Rubbermaid. Then on to wait at Younkers. Got some Pyrex and Emu boots. Over to Penneys for the cookware. Drove over to Kohls to chuckle at the lines. Both checkouts wove down the length of the store and about a 1/4 of the way along the back side. Back to mall to talk to my sister. Then went over to Gordmans for the 25% off bag. Got stuff for my sister (and me too). Off to Scheels for the 99 cent socks. Got a dozen of those. By this time I was getting a bit woozy! Then back to the mall kiosk where the first 500 people got a shopping bag and a $10.00 mall gift card. Then home to bed for about 5 hours of sleep. It was a very nice Black Friday. (I guess someone fainted at our Target store-that's too bad.)

Maybe you'll change your mind before next year :) I'm pretty sure I would have felt the same. People just aren't always as nice/considerate as we are or as we hope they would be. While they were entitled to all the tickets they could have repaid the favor from last year or at very least not lied about it. The few times I've been in line early I've never discussed purchases with others. I guess it works both ways cause some folks actually help each other an make lasting friendships.

Hit up Walmart last night around 9pm there were only a few of us waiting for the $198 laptop. I was 5th in line. Our side of the store was very chill...while the other side where the midnight items sat was insane! They only had 50 of the laptops and pretty much everybody in line got one except like 2 ppl. They did a "ticket" at midnight with a number on it then at 2am they did bracelets then we could come back @ 5. I decided to stick it out until 5. I had a lot of fun actually. Two fights did break out though but I guess that's to be expected on a day like to today. I got, the laptop, a shredder for 20, bissel stick vacuum, the 10 dollar crockpot, the set of dishes for 12, the 40 pc tubberware set for 9, two blurays, the cheapie pjs and sweats for my girls and I think that's about it! All in all a great Black Friday for me! I had a lot of fun and will probably do it again next year!

Had a good Black Friday and I was able to get some amazing deals.

Snuck out early Thanksgiving Day, when I should have been cooking, to CVS and Walgreens. I'm do not usually go out on Thanksgiving, but this deal was too good to pass up.

CVS: 3 packages of Duracell batteries for $0.77 after coupons and rewards

Walgreens: 3 pk scotch tape and buy 1 get 2 free wrapping paper

amazon.com (Thursday and Friday): various dvds, blu rays, and video games; camcorder; power wheels jeep

bestbuy.com (Thursday): Nook for $99 - it must have been meant to be because I was totally NOT planning to buy this online and just happened to click on the site when they were available. My husband is going to be very surprised.

Target (Friday): PJs; Cars big wheel; hat/glove sets; Marley and Me DVD, NBA Jam for Wii picture frames ...going back to get the logitech mouse

Staples (Friday): random things my Mom wanted me to pick up

Home Depot: Pre-lit wreath

Walmart: random $5 blu rays

Overall, I was really impressed with how Target handled the BF sale..very organized and plenty of associates available to help.

Was disappointed in walmart.com's policy not to honor a price adjustment on an item with a price drop, so I ended up refusing the delivery and buying it from amazon.com. (significant difference in price for a high ticket item plus with Amazon, I saved the sales tax.)

Overall good day and tonight I will be relaxing watching some movies. I'll probably head out to Macys and Boscovs tomorrow to pick up some odds and ins. Hoping to have the majority of my shopping done by the end of the weekend. Plus by then I will have checked the credit card balance from all this spending and have had a heart attack. :)

Great days, both yesterday and today.

Thanksgiving...got 2 comforters online from Kohl's, and an 8 port network switch from Newegg.

Today...day started at 4:00 waiting at Office Depot. DW needs a new laptop, and their $329.99 one (AR) was the best deal in a mid range laptop. Temp was 12 degrees when I got there, and was about 20th in line. About 4:45 they set out hot chocolate and coffee for us (a couple infrared heaters would have been AWESOME as my toes were like ice cubes). About 5:30 handed out tickets - SCORE! Went next door to Target to warm up until the store opened at 6:00. Went in, straight to the line, got the lappy, and was out the door by about 6:20. On the way out the ticket guys was standing at the door, so asked what was left. THEY STILL HAD THE LAPPY's!!! Waited in the cold when I could have shown up at 6:00 and got it! Oh well, you just never know.

Next, Kohls. Forgot to put the deep fryer with the comforters in the online order yesterday. Got there, lines went to the back of the store. Found it...they still had about 6 on the floor. Grabbed one and headed to customer service in the back. Three registers going, only about 6 people ahead of me. In and out in in 15 minutes, and that included a potty break.

Headed to Sam's for free breakfast...all gone except for bananas and coffee. Refilled the coffee, passed on the bananas, headed next door to Petsmart. With 4 cats, their Tidy Cat was just too good to pass up. First pass...$7.99 a bucket with the $1.00 coupons I got online. Went out to the car, opened them, got the $5.00 coupons out, back in. Got that batch for $3.99. Repeated 2 more times, so now have a 6+ month supply.

Now it's 7:30 or so...so went to Walmart next door to assess the devastation. Store was relatively quiet. They still had some of the 5:00 doorbusters, like the Phillips Blu-ray home theater, both desktop computers, and the blu-ray players (except for the Magnavox). Since DD and DW are getting me a Blu-ray player, decided to see if I could find any of them left. Surprise, surprise, surprise...Got all 3 Lord of the Rings, Notebook, Blindside and a couple others I can't remember. Also grabbed a couple of the Monster $10.00 HDMI cables (ok, ok, I know they are overpriced to begin with) and a couple of the Rubbermaid sets.

After that it was hunger...and done, so headed home for pancakes and sausage. Now it's time to do up the rebates (only 2) and take a nap. Overall, got everything I was after and then some.

WHOA!!! I had no idea Burn Notice was part of the $12.99 dvd's I so just went to Target.com and grabbed it (not that I wouldve known if it were there in the store anyway you couldnt get NEAR the dvd's because they had them and the checkout line in the same spot for some reason)

Super-Walmart: Midnight

( I already own a lot of the same DVD's, but oh well)

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lord of the Rings: The Return Of the King

Taken

Taken: Blu-Ray

Chuck: Season 2

Mr. Beans Holiday

The Bourne Identity

The Bourne Supremacy

The Bourne Ultimatum

Speed Racer

Heat: Blu-Ray

The Dark Knight: Blu-Ray

& two of the $5 footballs to replace the ones that are either being stolen or simply disapeering at Qwest Field's TD City.

The checkout line was a complete disaster. No order or anything, I stood in line for over an hour. Basically, the line that we were in, only looped into one checkout line. Eventually and finally, one of the workers ended up helping a few of us move into the center check out. A lot of people were buying just unreal amounts of stuff, 1-2 carts full. I guess they were having problems scanning the E-Machines as well.

Target:

Psych: Season 4

Burn Notice: Season 3

The Matrix: Blu-Ray

Hot Tub Time Machine

Changeling

Not a problem at all, though I think a lot of people ended up being disapointed in not getting that Westinghouse TV, I guess it went real real fast....

Walmart:

Basically everything went straight to heck once 5 am rolled around, people were literally falling over each other and pushing, and I'm not even sure over exactly what item. The entire cart of memory/flash cards went straight to the floor, they were basically all spread all over the place. I did manage in all of the choas to pick up the Kodak EasyShare Camera +Charge Kit and the RCA Portable Digital TV. I'm not sure if this was a common occurance or not, but after everything cleared out for a second, you literally had people with like 6 copies of the same item....

Also more DVD's:

The Expendables: Blu-Ray +DVD

Blade Runner

The Box

I AM Legend

The Vampire Lovers/Countess Dracula ( RIP Ingrid Pitt)

Radio Shack:

Stereo Audio Cable

Macys:

Shirt

Borders:

Kick-Ass

Curse of the Golden Flower

Warehouse 13 ( one copy for myself and one for my buddy at the Safeco Field Garage)

Marshalls:

A Christmas Story

The Company ( CIA Mini Series on TNT a yr or so back)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/WilliamSchlegel/DVDS004.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/WilliamSchlegel/DVDS006-1.jpg

This is kind of a crazy story. My fiance and I waited at office depot since midnight for the hp dm4 i5 laptop. We were second and third in line, we both wanted one. When they came out and handed out the vouchers they only had 2 dm4's. Well the one person that was in front of us wanted the same laptop!!!! So we settled for one dm4 and one i3 toshiba. We got back home around 7am and I jumped on the laptop immediately cause I heard office depot was going to their black Friday ads at 7am online. After multiple failed attempts at trying to add the laptop to my cart until 7:15 this morning I was going to call it quits. On my final attempt it DID allow me to add it to my cart!!! I thought it was a dream!! Not sure if I'm getting a rebate as the price Online was $599, not $549 with a $50 rebate. Nonetheless my staying awake paid off and we got the laptops we both wanted!!!

This was the best black friday ever. we got to target at 4:45am got the camera, 32g Ipod touch, I had a $25 gc, 10% off ipod, $15 gc when you spent $150, a $10 gc that my husband got for spending $100 before 10am, so we got a great deal on the ipod! stood in line maybe 40 min.

went to another target it was dead. went to old navy stood in line maybe 15min. went to the mall it was busy but not unbearable. went to the lego store stood in line 5min, disney store maybe 10min.

went and ate lunch and then went to walmart and just checked to see if they had one of the $198 laptops left. There it was just sitting there in the case, got that at 2:30pm! now getting ready to take a nap, I am thrilled.

This bf was fun the first time in 10 years we did it together at all the same stores. 10:00 at Wal-Mart bought a lot of useless crap to fill up the kids bedrooms with toys. it was a nightmare in there. got out as fast as we could to head to stand in line at target in 7 degree weather , it was cold. Around 3:00 am in the morning after my wife got out of the warm car to give me a break I started to feel my hands again. after the doors opened I was about 50th in line and bull rushed through the crowd to get the 40inch TV. grabbed a Lego set and met up with my wife in line who i think had every wii and ds game they had in the store. Then back to Wal-Mart and pm'd the nook. shshsh she doesn't know. quick stop by Home Depot to get Poinsettias for my medical supply store. finally to J.C. Pennies to get close for family pictures next week.

The best part was laughing the hole night with my beautiful wife. Thank you to gotta deal once again you have giving me a successful black Friday.

I had a great Black Friday went to Shoe Carnival and get a $10 card for being one of the first 100. Then I headed to Macy's and ran to the children's department pleasantly surprised that they still has the $5.99 Hot Wheels tracks (I figured they'd be gone for sure), then it was off to Target couldnt get near anything resembling a DVD. We grabbed some $4.99 PJ's and checked out which was a breeze because we went up the middle aisle and a associate directed us right to a register (depsite the mile long line wrapped around the store to check out at other registers. Then we find a game mom wanted and go to check out again only nice associate lady is gone and we get directed to the mile long line. Having none of that we put the game down and left. We went to big lots DVD's were picked over there. Then we went to Kohls and picked up some stuff in and out pretty fast for Kohls. Went back to Shoe Carnival where they were out of my boots so I got slippers with my $10. Then off to Kmart where YAYYYYYY they still had the Revlon hairdryers from the ad (hidden very well mind you a manager had to help me find it). Did a lot of shopping through out the week too on Amazon's week long sale. So over all this was a successful Black Friday and most my Christmas shopping is done and some even under the tree.

On Turkey Day, bought a pair of boots for DD from Aeropostale; a comforter set and pot set from Sears, some lounge pants and tops for myself from Old Navy...all online. Kept watching the available now reports on GD as I was waiting for some items for my Angels from Walmart, but finally gave up and went to bed. Got up at 2, checked again, they still weren't online so I prepared to head out to Walmart. Got to Walmart at 2:30 and was really surprised at how chill the scene was. It wasn't a mob at all. Was only able to get the Twin comforter set for my Angel as the full size was all out. So got that and picked up about 30 $1.99 movies (and later found that Target was selling many of the same titles for $3.99 :yuck:). The trip to Walmart was smooth and check out was super quick. Then off to Target to wait for the 4 am opening. The line was very long, but as I didn't need anything major, I waited for everyone in line to get in before going in. Was able to get 1 PJ set for DD (they had more styles, but her size was all gone), 3 pairs of the fleece slippers, a few $2 hat and glove sets, and a few $1.99 movies (they only had about 10 titles available :(). Then it was off to Home Depot for a new tree, some outdoor decorations, and poinsettias. Then it was home to catch a nap before DD's soccer tournament. After the game, we went to Dick's to get a pair of soccer cleats and Nike thermal top, Petsmart for Christmas stocking, jacket, and treats for our dog. Then Walmart again for a few of the $3.77 bath towels and a few other non-sale items. I am now almost done shopping and am home getting ready to decorate the house and wrap the presents. All in all, a good BF....got everything I needed, and no freezing in line for it. :D