PanImage Touchscreen tablet 130.oo from QVC, is this any good??

I got an email advertising this in 4 easy payments and free S & H

It says it can do photos, emails, web, video, as long as you are in a wifi connection.

I couldn't find it on my own search on the qvc.com --- only through my email, so I did not want to post link.

Here are the specs:

Advance orders ship 12/03/2010.

Take multimedia to the next level. Built on the Google Android operating system, the Media Tablet from PanImage is an easy-to-use, portable powerhouse you can use to enjoy your favorite media and more. Surf the web, download videos, listen to music, and take and share digital photos--all with one convenient unit.

So many features--one single device. Use this full media player to carry music, videos, and digital photos with you everywhere--the full color screen and stereo speakers combine to make the most of your media. A built-in digital camera and camcorder let you capture images and movies. And, a built-in webcam with microphone lets you connect with others, easily. The ultra-flexible Android operating system and an easy-to-use touchscreen format make the unit especially user-friendly.

Preloaded with a variety of convenient apps, this media tablet's ready for action right away, and its capabilities can be easily expanded to suit your needs. Browse hundreds of easily downloadable applications in the app market and personalize this device especially for your life.

Staying connected has never been easier. It boasts built-in 802.11b/g wireless connectivity, meaning that, as long as you're within range of a WiFi connection, you'll be able to jump online. Check your email, surf the Internet, and download the latest without needing to plug into a computer.

Take advantage of this special offer--and you can only get it here. The multifunctional Media Tablet is exclusive to QVC until February 11, 2011.

From PanImage.

* Includes Media Tablet, AC power adapter, stylus, transfer box, and user guide

* Built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery

* 7" diagonal digital TFT-resistive LCD touchscreen with 800 x 480 resolution, 220-nit brightness, 16:9 aspect ratio

* Google Android 1.6 operating system

* 2GB internal memory

* ARM 299MHz 926EJ-S RISC processor with MMU,

* 16k bytes instruction cache, and 16k bytes data cache

* 256 RAM

* Pre-loaded apps: YouTube; Photo Gallery; Magic Album; Contacts; Email; Web Browser; Ethernet/WiFi Settings; Camera and Camcorder; Alarm Clock; Calendar; App Market; File browser; My Music; My Video; My Photo; Picture Capture

* Supports video, audio, and photo files; see FAQs for specifics

* Integrated 802.11b/g WiFi connectivity

* Built-in 0.3MP camera

* Built-in speaker

* Built-in microphone

* Micro SD card slot (card not included)

* Transfer box with two USB 2.0 ports and ethernet cable port

* Mini headphone jack

* Measures 7-3/4"L x 5"W x 3/4"H

* UL listed adapter; 1-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty

* Made in China

It sounds like a poor mans Ipad, and I am a poor (wo)man. Please smart techy peeps, I want an opinion... Is it worth it?

Waste of 130.oo??

Since I already have an ereader, should I just cancel my order? It sounds like this tablet will be slow and frustrating. I wanted it for facebook and email, but it's not worth the money if it will be so slow and won't load apps.

It's basically a smartphone, without the phone part of it. It won't run Windows or Mac programs, it's not a netbook or laptop. If all you want to do is read news headlines, maybe browse Craigslist or something, this would be fine.

But gaming or watching movies, eh no...

• 3 weeks later...

:mad:

sure hope someone sees this fast, offer only good until friday, or orders run out I guess... sounds too good to be for real........it'd be better than a netbook for me :)

Wish i had done some research ahead of time on this tablet...My daughter got this as a gift and was so excited to use it.Well tried setting it up and would not work.It couldnt hold a connection so i called their customer service and the guy tells me to go to my nearest coffee shop or panera bread to use it..Lol..Are you kidding me,if i knew that i would definately not have bought the darn thing!! So my advice is to scrap any ideas of these tablets!!!! they stink!! Good luck, sorry i couldnt get to answer this sooner.

:mad:

Wish i had done some research ahead of time on this tablet...My daughter got this as a gift and was so excited to use it.Well tried setting it up and would not work.It couldnt hold a connection so i called their customer service and the guy tells me to go to my nearest coffee shop or panera bread to use it..Lol..Are you kidding me,if i knew that i would definately not have bought the darn thing!! So my advice is to scrap any ideas of these tablets!!!! they stink!! Good luck, sorry i couldnt get to answer this sooner.

Do you have a WiFi connection at your house? Is it password-protected? Did you add the password to the netbook's wireless settings so it could connect to it?

I went to qvc and read the reviews on the tablet. They are terrible. 2 stars out of 5. I am soooooo glad that I cancelled my order thanks to the advice on this thread. I order way too much stuff from QVC, and lately, most of the items have been defective or cheap quality. Didn't they sell 150,000 of these tablets?