Walmart Announces Unmatched Holiday Savings and Price Match Guarantee

Brad

I got a flyer in the mail today from walmart and it says...

Shop our store with their ad! Bring in any local: Ad Price...Hot Price...$$ off offer...Preferred Card...Coupon...Buy one, get one...Free Shipping...Manufacturer Coupon...1 day event...Gift card offer...club card... Temporary...Catalinas...Member Only...competitor rain checks

WE WILL MATCH IT!

*Walmart does not honor competitor mail-in rebates

I will be keeping this with me on BF just incase I run into any problems with price matching!!

Can you scan and post that please?

I agree....please scan and post

the press release mentions "•All Nintendo Wii gaming systems – $199 with $50 Walmart Gift Card" starting at midnight. am i blind... i don't see this in the ad scan???

Best Buy has a better deal...it's a bundle with controllers and all for 150 on bf.

Good luck everyone, this is my first year not going and I was pregnant 2x during bf, once in labor lol.

Just came back from Wally World. I went specifically to question the price matching. Here are things I was told...

1) From Electronics guy: "We don't price match doorbusters/black friday stuff"

2) Front store manager: "We don't price match on Black Friday"

After telling her it's all over the news and internet she went to the head store manager.

3)Head store Manager: "I saw that on the news too. People are going to be very confused. I'm not sure what we are doing (I was asking about what time I could start purchasing Toys r us 10 o'clock deals). I'll have to call about it. Call tomorrow for the answer."

Okay, How is it that this thing starts in exactly 24 hours from this typing, and the store managers don't even know the policy? WTF!!! Is there a place I can print out the policy so I don't get screwed tomorrow?

Just came back from Wally World. I went specifically to question the price matching. Here are things I was told...

After telling her it's all over the news and internet she went to the head store manager.

3)Head store Manager: "I saw that on the news too. People are going to be very confused. I'm not sure what we are doing (I was asking about what time I could start purchasing Toys r us 10 o'clock deals). I'll have to call about it. Call tomorrow for the answer."

Okay, How is it that this thing starts in exactly 24 hours from this typing, and the store managers don't even know the policy? WTF!!! Is there a place I can print out the policy so I don't get screwed tomorrow?

Good grief, I'll just take my chances going to the stores that are advertising what I want...totally not worth the hassle of dealing with THAT...

So, in theory with this whole price matching situation, I should be able to get them to price match the $99 Nook from Best Buy correct?

I hadn't even considered this as a possiblity until just now...as long as it's not the 3G one it's the same as the BB ad...Walmart has the Wi-fi for the same regular price as BB before the discount...hmmm...I've got a $100 bill burning a hole in my pocket as my Christmas present I promised I would spend on something for me and not my son...it's totally worth a shot to try :)

Well, you could print out their Press Release in the first post of this thread.

or

Here is the same press release directly on Walmart's Corporate Website, you could print it, and write down the url, and if they really try to fight you on it, have them pull it up themselves online. Link: HERE

My local Walmart did not come through with the price matching. I took the press realease with me and cashier and manager still said NO! This was a big dissappointment because I really wanted to be camping out at a different store but since Walmart put out the press release of, "Three Days of Unmatched Holiday Savings and Delivers the Industry's Best Price Match Guarantee," I went there instead. And of course the same thing as always, we are not price matching items (Wii Fit from Target, and various PS3/Xbox/Wii games). All of the items had prices listed, none were buy one git one free or a % off.

The bottom line is that Walmart's price matching is up to the "store manager" and this is according to their policy as stated on their website http://walmartstores.com/7659.aspx . Funny that they boast they have an UNBEATABLE PROMISE, this is no promise just a lure to draw you in, then the store manager gets to do whatever he/she wants.

Furthermore, when the store is filled wall to wall with people your request and displeasure means NOTHING!

Very disappointed and wished I had stuck with my plan to campout elsewhere.

Our Walmart matched all of the ads that had prices and identical items(would not match Target's itunes gift card deal). I had all of my ads with prices circled and it took all of about 5 min. They were great this year and of course I wind up spending most of my $$ there because they matched prices.

I wish all Walmart stores were ran strictly and more consistently. Mine has always been great in the past with PMing, but last night they wouldn't even honor their own freaking sales ad!!! WTF? Wouldn't give me Halo for $35 and acted surprised when I told them it was in their ad, which the employees were handing out to everyone. Seriously??

But whatever, got it cheaper on Amazon! :P