Possible $189 laptop in-stores on Black Friday [update: confirmed!]

Brad

Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+-+Satellite+Laptop+/+AMD+V-Series+Processor+/+15.6%22+Display+/+3GB+Memory+/+320GB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/1401694.p?id=1218255559937&skuId=1401694&st=1401694&cp=1&lp=1

Available In Store Only Starting 11/26. Quantities Limited.

Toshiba Satellite 15.6" Laptop

AMD V-Series Processor

3GB RAM

320GB Hard Drive

DVD±RW/CD-RW Drive

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 Graphics

It says shipping coming soon and in-store pick up coming soon as well. That would be cool if they offered it online!!!

Don't put too much stock into that. The "coming soon" notes are probably just placeholder phrases. Something like this they'd probably need every one for the stores.

I just talked to the manager and he said that the stores will be getting them in the next two days and our store will get 30

I am using the mobile app so I hope this post ok.

Nice Big Jim, that confirms it. I wonder what else they will have. :cheesy: Going to be nutz getting this, hope I get there early enough.

Which one is better the WalMart $198 or this one? If it was offered online I would go for it but I live in the boonies and would have to travel two hours to a Best Buy and that's not happening.

It's really a push on these systems, both are good value for the money I think.. The Walmart one has a bit more in way of connections (HDMI Out, more USB), the Best Buy one has more RAM and hard drive space. I've always preferred AMD over Intel, but that's just me, you really can't go wrong with either one though.. That being said, both laptops will be in-store only. You will need to get at each store probably several hours in advance!

Does this price start the same time as the Black Friday Ad? If so what time do you think one would need to be in a store to get this item? I would much rather stand inside in line than outside in the cold!! LOL

The $198 laptops are usually accounted for by noon on Thanksgiving, and the latest. All of the extra items will be ticketed.

Are you first? When did you line up? Anyone behind you?

Yes, I am first but no flippin IPAD hehehe. We have about 5 tents, and one guy showed up to throw down a tent and left.
Are you at the Archer Road location? If so, would I find you at the start of the line?

And if again so, is there anything you need that I could drop off for you?

It said at least three per store - is this true or will they end up having more?

Here in Chicago it's way too cold to wait outside - I might go stop by at 2:30 in the morning to see if I get a ticket at 3:00. Would I just be wasting my time?

Jewel grocery store here in Chicago is giving out $20.00 coupon for every $100.00. So you could spend $200.00 on Best buy gift cards and get $40.00 for groceries.

It said at least three per store - is this true or will they end up having more?

Here in Chicago it's way too cold to wait outside - I might go stop by at 2:30 in the morning to see if I get a ticket at 3:00. Would I just be wasting my time?

Jewel grocery store here in Chicago is giving out $20.00 coupon for every $100.00. So you could spend $200.00 on Best buy gift cards and get $40.00 for groceries.

Unfortunately yes.