BestBuy.com Black Friday Sale [Now Online!]

Brad

thanks to bestbuy's stunting around with the deals last night, i ended up having enough time to look at the reviews for the GPS unit that i wanted to get. apparently...the TomTom XL 340TM was a better performer (harder menu system, but you can do a million things) and Amazon was selling it for $99 for the night only.

Because i had 5 hours on my hands before i gave up on bestbuy and went to bed, I ended up doing more research and buying a different model from a different company. bestbuy should take note!

The one on Amazon only had lifetime maps (340M) as opposed to the 350TM that Best Buy is selling has lifetime traffic and lifetime maps. On Amazon, their selling the 340TM for $120. I had time to do research on the 350TM vs the 340TM too and I would have preferred the 340TM but I didn't have an extra $20 to give to Amazon.

Man I stayed up till like 4:15 central time waiting for the nook to become available and fell asleep in bed with my laptop....then I woke up at like 7am central and it was sold out :( oh well I guess my mom will just have to pay regular price for it or see if walmart will price match it..

for people who got the backorder email for the sony, what time, eastern, did you buy? Is it safe to assume that they are going sending out confirms to people who ordered earliest? I haven't gotten a confirm or a backorder email yet! Do you know if, since I havnt gotten a backorder email, its more likely that it will go throug?

Status: 1 item(s) - Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 0 - 1 days. Does this mean my order will go through? Never got an email confirmation when I ordered in my email. Just printed it off. This status on my account page on BB.com just changed to this.

My order status says the same thing but I got email confirmations and the money is "in process" for payment...... I hope my nook isn't backordered....

The one on Amazon only had lifetime maps (340M) as opposed to the 350TM that Best Buy is selling has lifetime traffic and lifetime maps. On Amazon, their selling the 340TM for $120. I had time to do research on the 350TM vs the 340TM too and I would have preferred the 340TM but I didn't have an extra $20 to give to Amazon.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6023674/amazonorder.png

amazon was in a pricing battle with best buy in the wee hours of the morning last night and offered the 340TM for $99.99. i noticed that when I woke up in the morning, the price went up by $20.

I placed my order for the PS3 bundle at around 7am EST. It took foreverrrrr for all of the confirmation emails to come through. I called and the lady said it was in the warehouse and shoulkd ship Friday. Low and behold I awoke to an email saying Here is your UPS tracking number. Sweet. Thanks BB