BestBuy.com Black Friday Sale [Now Online!]

Brad

It really depends on how your children will use them. If you plan on them spending any length of time on the computers then I would suggest the bigger screen and keyboard. Netbooks are great for basic tasks, but I wouldn't want to use one for 3-5 hours every day. The screen is too small and the keyboards are not designed for long term typing (think term papers). The bigger laptops will obviously be heavier and larger than a netbook so you need to take that into consideration.

Thanks. Guess I'll go hang out at Walmart all night. Any chance that Amazon or anyone else will have a $200 laptop today?

Just take my advice... NEVER buy a Gateway laptop. They're garbage and the customer service is awful.

That is no longer true anymore. Acer has owned Gateway for the last few years. The equipment is made in the same factories as Acer. I can't speak for Acer's support as I have never called it.

Yes, but for only $20 more you are getting better processor, bigger hard drive and better video card....

There is almost no difference between the N450 and N455 CPUs. The benchmarks are practically neck and neck. You are getting a bigger hard drive, but there is no dedicated video card in the laptops. They use shared memory and both use the Intel 3150 built-in chipset. So really you're only getting a bigger hard drive out of the deal.

not here. this timing thing is really annoying

Try clearing your cache.

So what time did they actually launch everything? (Just woke up)

The small items starting to pop up around 12:00 am CST. That continued to about 2:00 am CST. Around 4:00 am some pricing started to change on the bigger items. Best Buy sent out a mass e-mail at 5:00 am CST announcing the sale. Around the same time the more sought after items started to become available. It's almost 7:00 am CST now and they are still rolling them out.

The small items starting to pop up around 12:00 am CST. That continued to about 2:00 am CST. Around 4:00 am some pricing started to change on the bigger items. Best Buy sent out a mass e-mail at 5:00 am CST announcing the sale. Around the same time the more sought after items started to become available. It's almost 7:00 am CST now and they are still rolling them out.

Yeah I called premiere customer service last night and they said 7am CST- 12p CST is the majority of the roll out. I was just in it for the video games and I've got them. Happy shopping everyone!

Stayed up last night to get the HP laptop for $499. I saw the price change, but no option to purchase. I finally gave up. Checked once during the night when I woke up, but still nothing. Got up this morning and checked - there's the add to cart option! They took away the store pickup, so I had to pay shipping, but I was able to get the laptop. Now no standing outside early tomorrow in way below freezing temps to get a laptop. :)

I have another question. Looking at the 2TB Seagate external HD. I am wondering would I be able to back up more than 1 computer on this hard drive. DH and DD have laptops under 500GB each and DS I jsut ordered him the HP desktop package with the 1TB hard drive. I was just trying to figure out if I need1 this big or get 3 smaller ones, Thanks

Has it been going in and out of stock? gave up last night but wondering if I need to start stalking the site again.

Fell asleep between 5:30 & 7:30 and woke up to sold out. Just kept hitting refresh and it came back up after 8:30 (Est time)

I have another question. Looking at the 2TB Seagate external HD. I am wondering would I be able to back up more than 1 computer on this hard drive. DH and DD have laptops under 500GB each and DS I jsut ordered him the HP desktop package with the 1TB hard drive. I was just trying to figure out if I need1 this big or get 3 smaller ones, Thanks

I have a western digital external harddrive that's portable and when I had trouble moving some files to a desktop external drive, I tried the smaller one I had mostly used with my laptop or netbook and it was able to accept the files. I'd say yes, that in theory, you can use it with multiple computers, just make sure if you do, name the files very carefully to avoid overwriting other files. If its just for backup of like iTunes libraries, then make sure you name it like Joe's Library, Jane's library, etc...

I have a western digital external harddrive that's portable and when I had trouble moving some files to a desktop external drive, I tried the smaller one I had mostly used with my laptop or netbook and it was able to accept the files. I'd say yes, that in theory, you can use it with multiple computers, just make sure if you do, name the files very carefully to avoid overwriting other files. If its just for backup of like iTunes libraries, then make sure you name it like Joe's Library, Jane's library, etc...

Thank you for getting back to me. I guess I will get the 2tb one from BB. Its for my kids for their school work, DS's school engineering projects, itunes, etc. His motherboard died on his laptop and his ipod broke so he lost all his itunes stuff so dont want that to happen again with his new computer.