Amazon.com Black Friday Sale [Now Online!]

Brad

WHOA!!!!!!!!! Brad Paisley's brand new cd $5.99? Man mom just paid $11.99 for it for me for my birthday this past week. Going to have to consider the Lady Antebellum cd. On the TV DVD sales I may pass them over and still go to big lots for the $6 ones because alll the ones on sale at Amazon are ones I have. Great deal on the Twilight dvd's though and right in time for Eclipse's release on the 4th!

Quick question, how does the price matching work on Amazon? Are the prices actually adjusted or are we looking at a refund/store credit scenario? Thank you!

The amazon price will be the price that the brick and mortars are charging or sometimes even less.

DD7 has Hannah Montana Forever and Big Time Rush on her list so I'll be getting those!

I read somewhere that Amazon's increased participation in BF this year and the matching in the door buster deals is partially to increase it's sales potential this year. The UK doesn't have any sort of Black Friday, because there is no Thanksgiving holiday. I wonder how many people in Europe will take advantage of the major U.S. sales going on online for their holiday shopping.

I have some quick questions- I normally go out to the stores for BF, but am going to try the online route this year. It seems amazon has ongoing sales with all of the pre-bf deals.

Is there a specific time that the official amazon bf will begin? Is it thanksgiving night... or are new deals posted throughout the night into the morning? Just curious if I should plant myself online at 10 pm thanksgiving night?

Also are many of the deals centralized on the site as the pre-bf video game deals have been? Click the category find the deals type set up?

Do they carry a large inventory, or do items go lightning fast?

Thanks!

Do any of you experienced Amazon shoppers know if they usually do books? (not necessarily best sellers)??

I am looking to buy a few Guiness book/World Almanac type books, was hoping to get them as cheap as possible, thanks... and

also I need to know when the sale begins in my time zone -because I am in PENNSYLVANIA

I need to be reminded what time the sale begins in my time zone -because I am in PENNSYLVANIA, help :o .

You are 3 hours ahead of PST (the time they start the sales is in the Pacific Time Zone) Therefore - if you want something at say 4:30 a.m. PST it will be 7:30 am your time. The actual "Gold Box Deal" each day starts at 12:00 am, PST, So that is 3:00 am your time. Hope that helps.

(PS) - I don't really remember books being a category in the past - but with Amazon - you just never know... ;)

You are 3 hours ahead of PST (the time they start the sales is in the Pacific Time Zone) Therefore - if you want something at say 4:30 a.m. PST it will be 7:30 am your time. The actual "Gold Box Deal" each day starts at 12:00 am, PST, So that is 3:00 am your time. Hope that helps.

(PS) - I don't really remember books being a category in the past - but with Amazon - you just never know... ;)

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! I am SETTING MY CELL PHONE WITH 3 Reminders so I have MY act together for CD sale

Only have 1 more question--

is it likely there will be more Dvd's than the one's already listed, and they're not mentioning them yet?

Can anyone explain how Amazon price matches exactly? Does the product have to be sold by Amazon itself? Or can it be a product sold by one of its "partners" through Amazon?

I was interested in getting this notebook from Microcenter, but it is out of stock and it is NOT a BlackFriday item: http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0326328

It was, however, advertised in the monthly Microcenter Ad.