Gift ideas for the person that has everything?

twinmom

My mother-in-law has a great paying job and buys whatever she wants as soon as she wants it. She really wants for nothing. We have not done too many gifts lately due to our finances - she would rather have us buy for the kids. Anyway, I'd like to get her something, especially since her birthday is Christmas Eve. I need ideas for something special but not too expensive.

Pretty much same situation for my father-in-law - they are divorced and both have remarried.

Something they may not buy for themselves...a spa treatment, mani/pedi gc, netflix, wine of the month club. How about handprints in plaster of your kids for them or something

from the kids that they made.

Good Luck. I am thinking of getting my recently widowed Dad a Schwans delivery so I know he will have good food available to him.

I have an aunt who has it all. Five years ago we got one of those photo frames that you can record voices on. We took a holiday family picture and then recorded the kids singing "We wish you a Merry Christmas" on it. She just loves taking it out every year with her decorations and listening to the cute little kid voices singing. At the end of the song, my youngest said, "Merry Christmas Aunt Judy" in the sweetest voice. She talks about it every year! She just LOVES it!

I'm glad you asked this question! My in-laws are the same way. (very well off and buy everything) I'm thinking I might do a photo calendar, recorded frame, or other picture gift for MIL. I like the spa/mani/pedi idea, but they moved to Texas a couple years ago. I'm not sure of any places around there to buy that kind of thing. Thanks for the ideas!

Mine are also very well off and buy whatevere they want when they want. We are not well off and don't buy much. We get family pictures done this year (through our church) so we'll be giving her one of the family and one of the kids. I'm also considering doing a family photo calendar but she usually does one for herself. We did find a sports polo shirt for my FIL for golfing.]

Thank you! Great ideas and keep them coming, please!!!

Unfortunately for me, she gets regular mani/pedi, hair, microderabrasion, etc, etc so spa stuff is kind of redundant for her. She has digital photo frames and a netflix membership that she doesn't use because she buys all the new releases the day they come out. They also have so much wine that we take from them occasionally. I'm not kidding, they want for nothing!!!!!

I will definitely think about doing something with photos of the kids and I did find a great martini glass at Pottery Barn today.