Panasonic 58" Plasma HDTV Thursday sale

my010

We've had the Panasonic 50" Plasma HDTV for about 5 years now and just love, love it. Would've gotten a bigger one but that was the biggest at that time. Our sofas are on both sides of the tv and you have a great view without any distortion from any angle. Our family room is two story tall and you can also see the tv from the office/loft with no distortion either. It's hung over the fireplace so we can also see it from the kitchen. The price on those things are great now.

I've been going back on forth on plasma or lcd, so finally yesterday I called our electric company. The man I spoke to there, told me plasma uses 2/3 more electricity and they do get somewhat hot. He told me I was better off getting and lcd, so I'm going that route. I was told to stick with Samsung or LG by everyone I've talked to , including our local tv store and several other retailers.

Panasonic 58" Plasma HDTV Thursday sale

I just wonder is this a good to TV to buy?? anyone has this tv before... any input will help thank

I believe Samsung makes better plasmas. It used to be Panasonic but they aren't as good anymore. Don't get me wrong still a quality tv, and well worth it especially if you are getting a good deal. Edited by flyjar
fix something

This is an exceptional deal I think. The picture quality is amazing. As for the energy usage issue, plasmas have come light years since 2007 in that area and most of the new ones are Energy Star rated. Consumer Reports recommends this model and they say its energy cost is $42 a year, comparable to many LCD panels of similar screen size.