** hhgregg Black Friday Ad Posted **

Brad

Looks like they're being deliberately vague on that one. But with an SRP of $549, I'd say its most likely an off-brand 720p set.

Please keep in mind though that most people don't need 1080p. First off, yes, it can make a difference, but the opportunities to notice the difference are few and far between for MOST people. To start, there are no networks broadcasting in 1080p - they're mostly using 720p with a few offering 1080i on occasion. Blu-rays are potentially 1080p as are some games (PS3), and some Pay Per View is 1080p too, but if your interests don't lie there at the moment, buying 1080p is really kind of a waste of money in my humble opinion. Check here to see if you'd even be able to tell the difference. I'm skeptical that the networks will invest to go to 1080p since the difference in quality is so negligible anyway. I'm betting that they'll hold off to see what happens in the 3d marketplace and will probably up things to 2160p3d or something in a few years, effectively skipping 1080p.

Looks like they're being deliberately vague on that one. But with an SRP of $549, I'd say its most likely an off-brand 720p set.

Please keep in mind though that most people don't need 1080p. First off, yes, it can make a difference, but the opportunities to notice the difference are few and far between for MOST people. To start, there are no networks broadcasting in 1080p - they're mostly using 720p with a few offering 1080i on occasion. Blu-rays are potentially 1080p as are some games (PS3), and some Pay Per View is 1080p too, but if your interests don't lie there at the moment, buying 1080p is really kind of a waste of money in my humble opinion. Check here to see if you'd even be able to tell the difference. I'm skeptical that the networks will invest to go to 1080p since the difference in quality is so negligible anyway. I'm betting that they'll hold off to see what happens in the 3d marketplace and will probably up things to 2160p3d or something in a few years, effectively skipping 1080p.

Thanks-that's very interesting!

So,you'd say,for the average viewer who just wants to watch Blu-Ray movies and HDTV (like sports) but no gaming

that 720p would be sufficient?

If so,that'd save me a lot of money!