BF Advice from a WM Employee --- Please Read

UtahHotDeals

Hey everyone,

I've been reading through the posts on here and there are a ton of repeat questions regarding WM BF this year. I'm going to try and sum it up here the best I can and hopefully we can reduce some board clutter.

Walmart this year announced an "Open House" which starts at midnight. This is much different than years past.

If you read the ad there are "5am Doorbusters" and items that start at 12:01am.

Walmart is opening most of its stores at midnight (if they're not already open) for this sale. As a BF shopper, you can walk into WM after midnight and buy any of the "midnight sale" items at that time. There is no need to wait around until 5am to pay for them. You're free to do whatever you'd like after midnight. The only thing you cannot do is buy the 5am doorbusters. WM will have staffing available for you to purchase items after midnight, so don't worry.

As for the doorbusters. There will be numbered balloons with associates near them throughout the store where each doorbuster is being passed out. Look for "Line-up here" type signs for those items. Each item corresponds with a specific inventory number/wristband. At 5am those in line with the wristbands will receive the item they hae a wristband for.

As for store operating hours. All WM stores will be open at midnight. There are some stores that never close, so they will be open. There are some stores that close for Thanksgiving, they will open at midnight. However, with that being said, you need to check with your local store for its hours. Some states have weird and quirky laws about store opening times. Make sure you check with your local store manager to find out for sure.

Walmart.com has a map that you can print out that will tell you where the 5am items will be located. Check that out before you go.

To sum it up:

*Midnight sale items can be purchased ANYTIME after midnight.

*5am items, can only be purchased at 5am.

*Check with your local store for operating hours.

*HAVE FUN THIS YEAR!

Edited by bigjimslade
changed title

Emily, WM kind of released all this BF info at once and it was a scramble once Target released there ad. Even though most of the planning has been in the works for awhile, it still is learn as you go thing this year, lol! I tell you what, I am off today, but I will find out for sure tomorrow when I go in and post it to this thread. As far as I know and the logical (WM doesn't do logical sometimes) thing would be you can get a wristband and move on...but I will find out for sure.

Nice info! :yup:

Ya I live in one of those weird states with quirky laws about not opening on Thanksgiving and stuff like that. I live in Massachusetts, so hopefully they will follow thru with the midnight opening.

There is a city in our area that won't allow retailers to open before 6am! Imagine the confusion at that store. "Attention shoppers, our midnight sale won't start until 6am". Ha ha :)

I did see in the other post they were passing out the wristbands at 2:00 a.m. giving me the impression you could get in another line (If its not a one wristband limit).. and if anythings left in the other lines..or go home , another store etc etc..I guess will have more info tomorrow and so on

So you get in line to get an armband and you still stand in the line to get the item, What is the point of the armband if you are still standing there. You are still having to decide what 1 item to get at walmart. I do not think that is great planning on walmart part its allot of precious time to waste for 1 item.

If you can get the armband and then do other things and are guaranteed your item for a certain time after the sale starts that makes allot more sense.

So you get in line to get an armband and you still stand in the line to get the item, What is the point of the armband if you are still standing there. You are still having to decide what 1 item to get at walmart. I do not think that is great planning on walmart part its allot of precious time to waste for 1 item.

If you can get the armband and then do other things and are guaranteed your item for a certain time after the sale starts that makes allot more sense.

I agree with the bolded. I'm really hoping that's the case, because standing there all night with an armband would be silly and would defeat the purpose.

Well anywho, OP thanks for the info and I'll be checking back tomorrow to see what other info you have for us.

i have heard MANY horror stories of people thinking because they got a ticket/arm band they would be assured the item and coming back 2-3 hours later and not getting the item. You have no recourse w/ WM or any store if you show up later and the item isnt there. You can yell and call corporate all you want but I am willing to bet you will get the company line of Sorry for the inconvenience but these items are limited availability stock answer

Not sure about this year, but last year we were given a ticket (buying a laptop) and you still had to stay in the line, not only that, but if you needed the restroom they gave you a pass and you had 5 minutes to get back or you lost your ticket...was really ridiculous...Thats pennsylvania for you I guess...lol..

Not sure about this year, but last year we were given a ticket (buying a laptop) and you still had to stay in the line, not only that, but if you needed the restroom they gave you a pass and you had 5 minutes to get back or you lost your ticket...was really ridiculous...Thats pennsylvania for you I guess...lol..

Funny my store did the same thing (except I think we had 15 minutes, but I could believe either number), and I'm from PA as well.

UtahHotDeals, thanks for the great info! I have one quick question...will the midnight sale items be wrapped up in plastic until 12:01? In other words...can I put some of the items in my cart & wait until 12:01 to check out or do I need to wait for a Wal-Mart employee to unwrap the items on a pallet? I know last year the clothing was just in it's normal spot but the hot wheels were wrapped up. I'm just trying to come up with a plan of action to see how early I need to get there since I need to travel out of town to go to the nearest Wal-Mart. Thanks for any info you can give! Stay safe on Black Friday! :)

Is there a time wristbands will be passed out, another thread says 2am.

I called my WM store today (TN) and was told that they will start passing out wristbands at midnight. Our store will not be closing on Thanksgiving day. I asked if I would be able to get a wristband for 2 different items and she said I "should" depending on if there were wristbands left. I'm seriously hoping I do not have to stand in line until 5 am. I wanted to roam the store after I get my wristband(s).

Our store did the same thing and I live in Kentucky.

I wonder if WalMart will require the wristband to actually be on your wrist. I remember going to Best Buy 2 years ago and the 1st person in line got tickets for every item and sold the tickets in the back of the line. By the looks of things, if you want more than one 5am deal you'd better bring an army of freinds/family to stand in each line along with grabbing the 12am deals.

UtahHotDeals, thanks for the great info! I have one quick question...will the midnight sale items be wrapped up in plastic until 12:01? In other words...can I put some of the items in my cart & wait until 12:01 to check out or do I need to wait for a Wal-Mart employee to unwrap the items on a pallet? I know last year the clothing was just in it's normal spot but the hot wheels were wrapped up. I'm just trying to come up with a plan of action to see how early I need to get there since I need to travel out of town to go to the nearest Wal-Mart. Thanks for any info you can give! Stay safe on Black Friday! :)

As far as I know, I'm double-checking tomorrow, most of the midnight sale items will be wrapped. Then once midnight rolls around an associate will unwrap the pallet. However, in years past, the associate never gets to unwrap the pallet, it's usually the customers that get to it first, lol!