Wal-Mart Armbands for Black Friday

ChiquitaPita

OK, So, if they only had 5 laptops, I would only need 1 armband and could get all 5 laptops if I were first in line? Yeah, I'm sure I wouldn't make it out of the store alive. It should be 1 armband per item per person. I think, now I'm getting confused, this is the stupidest system

One armband, they will write the amount on your armband.

Some items will have a limit though.

most of the things I need will be at midnite, but I do need to pick up 2 portable dvd players from the 5 am sale. I guess i need to go speak with someone at out local walmart store to find out if I can buy 2, or if I need to have someone else in line with me to buy the second one. It will be my luck that when I go to talk to someone they will say they don't know ...thats it's too early to give out any info lol ugh.

U can buy 2 of the same item as long as there is no limit.

our store is handing out tickets for the hot items and same as last year if u leave the line u take the pass and have an alloted time to get back in line when the number of tickets corressponding with the number of items are handed out the line is roped off...first ticket is handed out when the first person is in your line.. if you come in my line at 10 im stuck there with ya till 5....from my store managers mouth at 6 am this morning..but i am in an east coast store..i highly suggest callin ur local wm and askin which sytem theyre usin..the armbands are a test sytem..

I always see people complaining about not being able to get more than 1 item or having to get an armband etc. I like Walmart's policy. It's FAIR to everyone. The doorbuster items should not go to the biggest person or the person who fights the dirtiest. The 85 year old grandma who stands in line has the same exact chance as the 200 lb former linebacker of getting a computer. I have had my feet stomped on, been kicked, shoved etc just so someone could take the item out of my hands. I'm wearing a full leg brace b/c I'm waiting for knee replacement surgery. I plan to shop at WM and skip Target b/c I know that I don't risk being tackled to get an item. (btw - the person you physically shove/push/etc to get an item could have a disability resulting in an injury from your actions and could be related to a lawyer - just saying)

Also, the first person in line shouldn't be able to get all the items. If you want more than one, bring a friend. If you want more than one big item, then bring a friend. Walmart is doing its best to keep it safe for everyone and to keep it fair. It's their store and they can make the rules and if people hadn't created the problems at a few of the walmarts by their actions on BF, then WM wouldn't have had to make these rules.

After past experience with my local Walmart I'll NEVER EVER go there for their "HOT ITEMS". I did that once and out of 40 available the employees got first shot before the general public. By the time they were done there were only 18 left and lots of screaming customers. In fact I over heard the manager actually take 1 for herself and put another on hold for her son to pick up later in the day. I even contacted Walmart corporate and they haven't responded (that was about 2 or 3 years ago) so I don't bother with them for the hot electronics items. I'd rather stand in line 24hrs longer at BB and actually get the items I'm on line for rather than get all upset as employees walk off with all the doorbuster items. Not sure if things have changed since then, but it's not a chance I'm going to test out.

please check with ur local stores our east coast store IS NOT handin out armbands

CRAP!

I do not want to fight for the 19 inch tv for 99 at midnight and have to stand in that same line for that item for 5 hours!!:no:

I will just pay 30 more for a 19 inch...

our store is handing out tickets for the hot items and same as last year if u leave the line u take the pass and have an alloted time to get back in line when the number of tickets corressponding with the number of items are handed out the line is roped off...first ticket is handed out when the first person is in your line.. if you come in my line at 10 im stuck there with ya till 5....from my store managers mouth at 6 am this morning..but i am in an east coast store..i highly suggest callin ur local wm and askin which sytem theyre usin..the armbands are a test sytem..

I heard the same yesterday from a friend that works at a local walmart.

So I am overly confused!!! I live on the East coast, so we don't have armbands? I have never seen that system before, unless its new? and the midnight thing confuses me too.....So if you want stuff that doesn't have a sun next to it on the list, you can get at midnight and go home? I am wondering about the IPOD touch with the GC.....will it be a ticket item probably?

So I am overly confused!!! I live on the East coast, so we don't have armbands? I have never seen that system before, unless its new? and the midnight thing confuses me too.....So if you want stuff that doesn't have a sun next to it on the list, you can get at midnight and go home? I am wondering about the IPOD touch with the GC.....will it be a ticket item probably?

I know....it is confusing this year. Everything in the midnight hours is between pages 9-23. 5 am doorbusters is on pages 1-8, and Saturday sale is the back page. Yes, my store told me yesterday that there will be a line for the Ipod Touch for the 5 am doorbuster hours. My store is not doing the armbands either. Looks like we will be standing in line all night. The Touch has been left off some of the local maps that can be checked online. If that is the case, I would call your local store to find out where they will be. In my store it is in site to store where layaway use to be.

I was told by a cashier today that they will be doing armbands on electronics. They will start handing them out at 2am. You cant pay until 5am and all armband items had to be paid for by 6am or you lose it. This didnt make any sense to me since the sale is until 11am. Might want to check with your store on this.