Wal-Mart Armbands for Black Friday

ChiquitaPita

Midnight the sales start.

2am you will need a arm band for hot items, ie: tv's computers, etc...

You have to wait till 5am till your item can be purchased.

You can only buy ONE hot item, you can buy 2 of the same tv, or 2 of the same comp, but not a tv and comp. You can only have one wristband.

Sale says on ad 5-11am. Then what's up with it really starting at midnight? :confused:

Little do they know I am a savvy shopper... Bought all my paper and decorations on clearance after christmas last year. Haha. They will get about $400 from me at midnight on BF. Then another $4-500 from me for the tv. I told my husband he will have to "Take one for the team" and help me. haha

anyone have a guess if it will be crazy on Saturday? I'm hoping everyone spends their tv money on sets on BF and not at Walmart on Saturday. Do you think I should get there by midnight or 1am?

ok... so... the ds lites are part of the 5a-11a sale so will these need armbands... i'm assuming yes but hoping no lol

Last year there was a cardboard display set up in the middle of an isle full of DS's. Did not need need an armband and there was no limit.

I'm hoping that the Ds' don't need armbands too, because we need 3 of them and a digital camera, and there will only be 3 of us.

I don't think you'll need bands for the DS lites. Last year they were on pallets and you were able to grab as many as you wanted. Don't see why it would be any different this year, especially since the systems are a little older and not as high in demand as when they were brand new. :)

That's sorta of silly. You should be able to buy one of each, but not two of the same. Seems they have it backwards. lol

OK, So, if they only had 5 laptops, I would only need 1 armband and could get all 5 laptops if I were first in line? Yeah, I'm sure I wouldn't make it out of the store alive. It should be 1 armband per item per person. I think, now I'm getting confused, this is the stupidest system

Midnight the sales start.

2am you will need a arm band for hot items, ie: tv's computers, etc...

You have to wait till 5am till your item can be purchased.

So I wonder if this means a person can get their 12am items, get the 2am wristband, then leave and come back at 5am???

:confused:

most of the things I need will be at midnite, but I do need to pick up 2 portable dvd players from the 5 am sale. I guess i need to go speak with someone at out local walmart store to find out if I can buy 2, or if I need to have someone else in line with me to buy the second one. It will be my luck that when I go to talk to someone they will say they don't know ...thats it's too early to give out any info lol ugh.

Please read my thread "BF Advice..."

The whole purpose of this midnight sale is that you can buy the midnight items at...wait for it...MIDNIGHT. You can buy the midnight items anytime after midnight. Only items you can't buy at midnight are of course the 5am items. Load up on all the midnight items you want, take a breather, get a wristband, enjoy the fun.

That's a good one! I wil find out tomorrow from the management team about this and post on my "BF advice" thread.

Thanks! That's what I've been wondering, too. I'd like to be able to shop at midnight, get a wristband, then shop freely some more. Not have to wait in the same spot all night. lol

OK, So, if they only had 5 laptops, I would only need 1 armband and could get all 5 laptops if I were first in line? Yeah, I'm sure I wouldn't make it out of the store alive. It should be 1 armband per item per person. I think, now I'm getting confused, this is the stupidest system

For all the items in their inventory that they are handing out armbands for, there is a specific armband associated with each item and I believe it has an inventory code on it. So if there are 10 laptops they will have 10 laptop armbands. #1 armband for #1 laptop, #2 armband for #2 laptop, and so on. They are tracking their stock very closely. I don't know how many armbands each person will be allowed, I imagine just one.

HTH :)

The info has been given in different press releases. Maybe someone can locate it and link it?