Maps & Target's Doorbusters and where they will be in the store

gcurdinc112

It has a model # in the ad, and it matches the one in the store. Same price and everything. It is worth a try, if it won't work I'll just take it back. No harm no foul!

I would call your Target - I believe they will not price adjust for doorbuster items. I would hate for you to waste your time buying the tv only to have to return it if you want it for the doorbuster price.

Was the setup like this last year? I don't remember.:confused: Iwas in and out of Target pretty quickly. Although this says UNofficial, I guess it still gives an idea..

http://content.gannettonline.com/contentone/holiday/maps/target.pdf

Our Target has a different layout that this link and is not a Super Target, but here is what I remember from last year:

32" Westinghouse - located in the isle by the baby and shoes section

Apex TV - located in the isle by the women's plus size

Ipods - electronics

Camera - on the isle shelf of the first aid/feminine product isle

Digital picture frames - where were they usually are

GPS - I don't remember for sure but I think they were in the electronic section

Portable DVD players - on pallets in the main isle between greeting cards and kid's clothing

Sheets/Blankets - on front isle shelves in the bedding section

DVDs/TVseasons - seperated into different areas, two or three cardboard stands were in the beginning of the juniors/women's clothing while others were in the TV season section

Most toys (unless they are big) - located in the toy section

You are correct, they will not price adjust door busters.. another poster was nice enough to post the link to Target's policy.. here is a copy & paste to the part where it states some of the exclusions.. it won't be worth the time wasted on line that day to ask.

Other price matching exclusions include:

Online prices, including Target.com

Promotions or products advertised on another company's web or mobile sites, even those advertising in-store prices.

Timed events (e.g., early bird, door busters)

Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity

I would call your Target - I believe they will not price adjust for doorbuster items. I would hate for you to waste your time buying the tv only to have to return it if you want it for the doorbuster price.

though I don't see why you couldn't return and then repurchase for the doorbuster price before 10am ;)

You also may want to look at this link as well where it says it does not price on doorbusters.

http://sites.target.com/site/en/company/page.jsp?contentId=WCMP04-040400

Thank you for that link - here are some of the exclusions for pricing adjusting.

Other price matching exclusions include:

* Online prices, including Target.com

* Promotions or products advertised on another company's web or mobile sites, even those advertising in-store prices.

* Timed events (e.g., early bird, door busters)

* Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity

though I don't see why you couldn't return and then repurchase for the doorbuster price before 10am ;)

because many times they do not put an item right back on to the floor. It may have to process through the system that it as "returned"

not saying no Target would ever do this just that it does have known pitfalls

I think its open to atleast asking a store manager..

that link/information is for Price Matching, which is against other stores.. not their own prices.

their Price Adjustment (against themselves) only says:

Target Stores Price Adjustment Policy

• If Target advertises a lower price either the same week or the week following your purchase, bring in your original sales receipt to Guest Services for an adjustment.

• Exclusions: Price adjustments are not made for clearance prices or Target.com prices.

Its in two different areas and 2 different sets of rules.

Wondering if anyone knows if there really will be an official Target map online before Thursday? When checking through the Nov. 21 ad. I see the Tip Lady's (Hilarious! BTW :sidesplit ) advertisement that says to check target.com/blackfriday for maps. I can't seem to find the official one yet. Where is it?

because many times they do not put an item right back on to the floor. It may have to process through the system that it as "returned"

not saying no Target would ever do this just that it does have known pitfalls

i mean i guess they could give you crap about it but you could return it and then say i want to re- purchase that and it'll ring up new price - i seriously doubt they'd walk it to the floor for a whole mob of people to attack them. If they were to be jerks, they can say no and sure you run the risk but i think its a smaller risk than standing in that line for hours to get nada for a limited quantity item that everyone else wants too! I went ahead, after seeing everyone was gunning for this, and decided on the $188 dollar 26" tv you can currently buy online.... its for our bedroom so size doesn't really matter and its a better brand too! No bf tv shoppin for me now :)

My Target didnt have the 40" Westy in store either, just the 42" :no:

I went to target last night to see if they had the 40" westy, as I was walking by the electronics dept, I saw a lady come out the back where they keep the merchandise and asked her if she had that item (DPCI: 008-09-0740) in stock. She looked it up in her little portable thingamabobber and said that number did not come up, so she asked me what it was and I told her it was a 40" Westinghouse TV. She did a search again and said the only thing that came up was a 32" and a 42" not the 40" so I told her thanks but being the hardheaded person that I am I went to the electronics service desk and asked if they had it in stock again. This lady typed it in her computer and gave me a look and said where did you get this #? I told her a friend gave it to me, she said those will not be available until the sale, and I said but you have them in stock? she said that even if they were in stock they could not sell them to me, until that day. :tongue1: I guess I will try to get it online... cause I ain't camping outside target overnight!

I had the 40" Westinghouse in my cart for several days online at $549 price, but today its been removed and nowhere to be found on targets website....hmmmm.....

Well there goes that idea, I wanted to get this online since my store cant sell me the westy 40" until saturday. I'm hoping they took the TV off temporarily and will offer it again closer to BF. BTW does anyone know if there's free shipping on this item? or if they offer ship to store. Sorry I'm a noob with out a clue. Thanks.

If something isn't listed here, is it not considered a "doorbuster"? I'm looking for the TB hard drives. Assume they're in electronics?

Thanks!

This is what I would assume. If you can, try and go by there today to get an idea of where they are located in the store. That's what I do when I'm not necessarily going for the "big ticket" items. Electronics gets crazy busy so it may help you to scope it out first.

Now that the maps are out, I'm even more excited. There are 3 of us this year and we'll be able to spread out to get the things we need. My store is pretty much the same set up as last year.

Last year it was a "free for all" in the first aisle where the Tv's were. People were pushing and grabbing Tv's like wild animals. Needless to say, I did not get a tv... I hope the line does not wrapped around 3 or 4 aisles this year. It was very confusing!!!

I was in my Target today and they had several items out already. I saw about 150 of the video rockers in the women's PJ area and probably 50 each of the music keyboard and drum set in menswear. The boxes of dvds were set up too and people had peeled back the cardboard packaging to peek inside already! I want a video rocker but won't be there at opening so the quantity was good to see...let's see if they are still there at 530 lol