** Menard's Black Friday Ad Posted **

Brad

I went to a smaller town one (also in MI here) and it was a zoo! I may actually wait in line in front of the one closest to me this year for some change...

I think when it's the "only game in town",more folks will be there.

Then again,the bigger cities tend to draw more folks from outside the area.

Who knows?

Really,Menard's just doesn't have the checkout lanes to accomodate BF traffic so plan to wait to check out.

I won't go there early on BF morning,but later that day and Saturday,it's pretty much dead and sometimes they have leftover DBs so it's worth a shot then if there's something you'd like.

JME

Menards here is CRAZY!!! My sister and I will take turns holding our spot in line (letting people go ahead if necessary) while the other one shops. That way it doesn't take us as long to check out. But last year it took us over an hour just to get out of the parking lot! Great deals, but crazy, crazy busy!

Walmart[/url].

Oh yeah, I totally agree. I did Menard's on BF last year in a town of less that 10,000 people and it was a disaster! Nothing is anywhere that makes sense they funneled everyone into the center aisles so you couldn't move and checkout took forever. I don't think I would go in there again for anything!

The one I'm referring to is located directly across the street from a WalMart, a Meijer and a Lowe's. Walgreens up the road about 1/4 mile. Two major cities equal times away (20-30 min.). Don't want to count how many cars or people were there last year :)

I must say, though, that on my recon trip there yesterday I got some valuable help from a handful of associates. There was one cashier who was particularly helpful - made sure to take her name down in case I write a nice note to the store manager :D Love how they had a stack of maps at the entrance.

Our Menards staff is extemely helpful. If you are missing something, they will go get it for you and bring it to you. The parking is terrible though, not a big enough parking lot to accomodate all the traffic. If you are getting big stuff make sure you take a cart in if you find it in the parking lot as they go super fast and people are always hauling their stuff around in big plastic trash cans. This is the first year that I didn't find anything I wanted at Menards and am really disappointed but I guess it all depends on what a person is looking for.

My Menards experience this year was great! My friend and I didn't get there (intentionally) until about 7:10am and we found a parking stall right near the doors (even though most were parking in the grassy area near the parking lot or any where else they could find that resembled a parking stall). We entered the store to find a check out line that was at least 50 people long - they were checking out people at the customer service desk. There were no carts available, but there were employees waiting to answer any questions on where to find merchandise. We picked up the e-reader, the children's shopping cart, the wildlife digital camera, 2 rifle cases and quick clamps. The only item they were completely out of were the digital picture frames. We then made our way to the center of the store to find the shortest (ha ha) line to check out. Lo and behold we did find a line that was smaller than the rest by at least half the number of people. It took us only 20 mintues to get through the line! It was a great experience. Menards stocks up on their door busters so you aren't having to fight or wait in freezing temps (Wisconsin) to get what you want. This store is on my list for next year.