Should I buy the extended warranty on washer/dryer?

yellowjeepster

I posted this under the bf ad post but haven't gotten a reply so thought more ppl would see and give me advice here.

I am wanting one of the washer/dryer sets and was wondering if I should get the extra warranty? I have heard that Sears' warranty plans are very high. Can I buy a warranty on a Kenmore product anywhere else? Should I even buy the warranty?

It really stinks that things don't last as long as they use to and everything costs MORE. I think we should get the extended warranty but hate to spend an extra $380+ b/c we can't rely on products. What happened to the day that regular warranties covered things and you didn't have to pay extra for something that should work? Still have to talk DH into buying the warranty b/c I know that if we don't something will be wrong w/it, lol.

It really stinks that things don't last as long as they use to and everything costs MORE. I think we should get the extended warranty but hate to spend an extra $380+ b/c we can't rely on products. What happened to the day that regular warranties covered things and you didn't have to pay extra for something that should work? Still have to talk DH into buying the warranty b/c I know that if we don't something will be wrong w/it, lol.

I so agree, its crazy.

If he is against it maybe he wouldnt mind as much on the washer, seems like washers mess up faster than a dryer.

I never buy them. My wd set is 21 years old and still running fine. When It breaks down, I order the part and my husband fixes it. I've never spent over 40 at one time on it. I have read in different articles, that it is not a good idea. I bought a tv on Sunday and they push the master protection plan which is 180 telling me it fixes things regular warranty doesn't. I read that if you want a warranty get a square trade one. I went on there and they quoted me 69 for same year warranty and on here somewhere is a 20% off code for black friday.

I am not buying the Kenmore w/d at Sears. I already bought basically the same one at Home Depot, LG model. Only paid $150. for a 4 yr. extended warranty that covers both. Sears can have their high prices on warranties and they have lost my business b/c they said they wouldn't honor their Price Protection policy. I feel better getting the extended warranty on these b/c they don't make products like they use to. With all of the electronics and such on things there is more parts and components to go wrong and it's just more likely than in the old days.