Best iPod touch Deal

lcplwinkerswife

I agree with Jen. For those who dont know Apple controls the pricing for their products. So if you buy in the Apple store or a Apple Reseller like Best Buy the price will be the same within $10. What you need to look for is product with gift cards and freebies.

This year is a new generation though. I'm sure the best you will find is around $225 for the 8g with a free gift card.

As of right now, the best ad is the doorbuster at TRU for $229 for the 8gb with a $50 GC. I am thinking of getting my DDs the 8gb refurb off Apple.com for $149. I don't care if it is the last generation or not.

Some people get scared away from refubs but I think they are great! You can get somehting that you otherwise might have not been able to get at a great price and Apple stands behind their products. I might be getting DS the 8g refurb too. Just need to wait for the rest of the ads first. ;)

This is on my list too, and I'm thinking the refurb will be my way to go. We did that w/ the nano we bought my son first a few years ago and we bought a warranty, it did break with less than 10 days to the warranty and they replaced the entire unit w/o a problem. The $149 is the best deal.

Do you think retailers will still have older models available? We do not want one with a camera...so no 4th gen for us. My 14 yr old can use it at school to help with organizing, etc. as long as no camera. I have been told we should get a 3rd gen 32gig ( is that right? drawing blank on the number right now) so that he will have a mic so that he can just speak into it if he needs to leave homework messages for himself, etc. Not sure we can swing it, though, so looking at 2nd and 3rd gen with less storage and maybe a mic that plugs in or something to get around the lack of external mic. Just wondering if there is a really good deal to be had on older versions becasue it may get washed!!

If a store has any older version left they will be regular price, which may actually be more than the new gens. They will never get clearanced, Apple does not allow this. Your best bet is to get a previous gen in the Apple referb store. That's the only place you will find a deal on them. If you haven't noticed Apple is a control freak. ;)

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipod/ipod_touch?mco=MTkyMTY2MjQ

If a store has any older version left they will be regular price, which may actually be more than the new gens. They will never get clearanced, Apple does not allow this. Your best bet is to get a previous gen in the Apple referb store. That's the only place you will find a deal on them. If you haven't noticed Apple is a control freak. ;)

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipod/ipod_touch?mco=MTkyMTY2MjQ

+1 on all counts....

Just got an ipod touch 8gb refurbished on overstock for 145. free shipping. It has the same warranty as a new ipod. I have bought refubished items before without a problem as long as you buy it from a "real" retailer vs. some of the intenet sites that don't have a "name" to back them up. With those types of sites, you don't know where the item was refurbished etc. and apple will not honor the warranty.

If you can afford it, go for the bigger version. My middle son has an 8gb, but complains all the time how he needs a bigger one because he can't hold all his stuff on there. For music, it's not a problem, but when you start adding videos (which he has a lot of them), then it takes up a lot of space and you need the bigger one.