Taste of Home $5.00 cookbooks

jenhep

I ran into a problem they show an item to be in stock but then note that is no longer available...

"In Stock

This product has been discontinued and is no longer available."

:confused:

ok I called them and if you see (in red lettering) This product has been discontinued... it's not in stock and unavailable.

Edited by mrmogway

I ran into two problems they show an item to be in stock but then note that is no longer available...

"In Stock

This product has been discontinued and is no longer available."

then, I couldn't find where to enter the discount code. Perplexed :confused:

I got that too for the meals for One or Two cookbook, so i deleted it from my cart. The place for the code is on the checkout page.

Check your orders, I bought the one book mentioned here that is out of stock (meals for one to two people) and the order went through, but when i went back in to check, they had cancelled that book, charged me shipping since my order fell below $20. Had to cancel and start all over

I've been on hold with them for about 15 mins. I placed an order last night for 5 books @$5ea using the code provided. My order went thru without any problems for a total of $20.

This morning they emailed the order confirmation and they had gave me the 20% off, only had 4 of the 5 books, and had charged me $9.99 for shipping.

Just got off the phone with "Meg" and wasn't able to cancel the order because the warehouse works so fast they were already processing it! But they were able to let me add another book to the order to make it only $20 again! LOL

I love Taste of Home books, so it was worth the little hassle. Thanks for OP for the heads up on the deal!

If you need to add to your order, don't forget about the $7.49 sale cookbooks. I ended up getting 2 of those. They will be $6 each at the 20% off.

Here is a link to all the cookbooks. I sorted by price, so it will pull up the cheapest and then go to the $7.49 cookbooks. I think there is one on page one, and the rest of the cookbooks for $7.49 are on page 2. These are some good ones too!

http://www.shoptasteofhome.com/Show-All/CBK_SHA,default,sc.html?psortb1=price-sort&psortd1=1

I just had to call too because one of the books was out of stock so they were charging me 7.99 shipping. I just gave them the item number of another $5 cookbook and they added that to my order to get free shipping again.

You can look up your order status here:

Link

I just got off the phone with them and rechecked my order status and it has been updated to show the new book and the free shipping.

I have never ordered from them before, so maybe it was because I am new customer-- To paraphrase the upper part of the email they sent-it showed my shipping address, all the cookbooks listed--which were all there--the correct price--free shipping..and it says please review your information yada yada and then at the bottom:

"For your convenience, we always try to send your entire order in one shipment. If any item(s) you order are out of stock, we may wait until these items are available to ship your order.

Feel free to contact us at www.shoptasteofhome.com/customerservice/ or email us at [email protected]."

OK SO WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK THAT MEANS, it says nothing about them being shipped...??

I also received the "This product has been discontinued and is no longer available." message when I clicked on the Vegetarian cookbook. However, I was still able to add it to the cart. During checkout it did show as out of stock butttt it would be available 11/15/2010. I placed my order and it went through.

I also received the "This product has been discontinued and is no longer available." message when I clicked on the Vegetarian cookbook. However, I was still able to add it to the cart. During checkout it did show as out of stock butttt it would be available 11/15/2010. I placed my order and it went through.

just check it in a day or two, thats how mine got screwed up...it wasn't hard to fix but if I hadn't rechecked my order, I would of been charged $9.99 for shipping

Ok, I looked at my account & order status, it says all of my books are instock. When I put in order number to see status, it says:

YOU'RE ORDER HAS NOT BEEN SHIPPED YET.

Did anyone else get that? or does yours indicate that they've shipped. I actually ordered 2 pillsbury books and 2 taste of home,