What time do you get newspaper Thanksgiving Day? / "I Got My Newspaper" Thread

totallyBF

Last year i woke up about at 7am and i went everywhere and they were sold out i was about to give up and i went to the cvs about 15 minutes away from my house and i got the last newspaper. i was so lucky but the guy behind me wasnt he was so mad at me but i was like whatever!:tongue1: i been driving around town wasting my gas to find this!!

it was pretty sweet!

what time do you wake up to get the newspaper on thanksgiving?

and

have you ever got in a fight with someone over the newspaper?

thanks! i think this just brings up good memories of thanksgiving day and how that day you can hold the ads in your hand it know its official. :yup: :)

after i'm up all night updating the site as new stores put their items online, i'll go to bed around 7am for a few hours, wake up in the early afternoon and then go outside to get the paper.

after staring at these ads as long as i do, you practically have everything memorized anyway, lol. in fact i don't think i actually open up the paper - i just save it for future reference.

Mine gets delivered to my house. Just have to walk the 120ft to the box. I happen to just renew my subscription for 7 days/week so I will get the Thanksgiving paper. Afterward I will go back to Sundays only.

I subscribe to the Weekenders at my local paper but it (fortunately) includes all holidays so I get home delivery of my big Turkey Day paper.

Mine comes right into my breezeway,and I get it when I wake up around 6' ish that day.

By then,I've already seen all the ads courtesy of GottaDeal but just touching them makes my day! It seems so REAL then.

Then I am off to Meijer for their good Thanksgiving Day sales and it only gets better from there on out.

I had to drive to several store around neighborhood and finally got one in one supermarket. I was getting tad deseperate and was tempted to " borrow" from our neighbor's drivingway before " return it " and this was all around 6am.

Mine gets delivered to my house. Just have to walk the 120ft to the box. I happen to just renew my subscription for 7 days/week so I will get the Thanksgiving paper. Afterward I will go back to Sundays only.

LOL...I just dropped our service to Sundays only and have been wondering how I would get the paper that day...don't really relish the idea of going out to buy one early that morning. WHat a great idea! Thanks!

We have friends in high places ;) Our local convenience store opens nice & early. We have made great friends with the store owner & workers within the passed couple of years and DH was born and raised here so he has long time friends. They set aside one of each of our local papers. They collect about 3-4 papers for us & stash them behind the counter. basically when DH gets there to buy them is when we get them. He does go early though..... about 6:30a.m.

I will get it delivered this year but I don't know if I can wait til 6am when it comes. lol

The last few years I had to go to the gas station to buy it or to a box on a corner. Luckily there's one just 2 1/2 blocks away.

I have never gotten into a fight over it, but 2 years ago I was walking to get the paper at the box. It was about 6:30 am and as I'm about a block away, I see this old man walking up to the box. He gets a paper and sets it on top of the box. I'm getting within about 30 feet and thinking it's my turn to get a paper (I'm expecting the guy to leave now). Well, this guy stacked another paper, then another paper until he had ALL of them. I was like, "WTF?"

I got to the box as he walked away with his 5-6 papers and it was empty. So, I had to walk 4 blocks down another street and luckily it was full. LOL

I'll never forget it. So hilarious that this fragile looking old man swooped on all the papers. Must've had crazy relatives that each needed their own copy. ;)