Buy.Com: Xbox Live 12-Month Gold Subscription Card (Gold) $39.99 Reg $59.99

racerfan

Ordered this morning and its shipped already. Now DS is set for the next 3 years. I ordered one from Amazon (33.99), one from Microsoft ($39.99 special before price went up) and now this one.

Last Year Ebay had this for $29.99 during november or december (not sure) as one of their daily specials. I bought one for my nephew for Christmas. I am hoping they come down again.

Last Year Ebay had this for $29.99 during november or december (not sure) as one of their daily specials. I bought one for my nephew for Christmas. I am hoping they come down again.

Yeah, but that was before the new price increase. You can probably pick it up on Ebay this year for $39.99 or so. Buy it cheap when you can. This one at Buy.com is a pretty good deal and I doubt you'll see it much cheaper.

Yes, last year and 2 years ago it was very easy to get it for $29.99 I had quite a supply doing it that way. I bought for my DS and his friends and others. I have been looking for another deal again getting it for $29.99 and the lowest price I have seen is $39.99, Microsoft offered a 1 year renewal for $39.99, and then I ordered Amazon's for $43.99 and they applied a $10 credit from a video game pre order. Then I ordered this today. DS is set until 2014. Maybe we will get lucky, but since there has been a price increase I doubt we will see as low as $29.99 again.

If anyone sees it that low, please post.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't forget, if you have more then one member in your house you can get the family plan for $99 a year up to 4 people! Microsoft will credit your current subscription.

Unfortunately only DS plays the Xbox. DD has started playing a little now that there is Kinect.:(

Ok...stupid question. What is this subscription card for/do? My mom is getting my boys an XBox 360 for Christmas, but I don't know all of the tech stuff about the system as far as what it can do.

I know my DD said something about getting on the net with it....does this do that?

Don't forget, if you have more then one member in your house you can get the family plan for $99 a year up to 4 people! Microsoft will credit your current subscription.

I don't understand. Is the card only good for one player? I haven't bought one of these before.

Ok...stupid question. What is this subscription card for/do? My mom is getting my boys an XBox 360 for Christmas, but I don't know all of the tech stuff about the system as far as what it can do.

I know my DD said something about getting on the net with it....does this do that?

Live subscription is needed to be able to access the Microsoft Marketplace and also to be able to play games against others, This is the way my DS plays most of the time online with friends he has made all over the US and also his friends at school.

I don't understand. Is the card only good for one player? I haven't bought one of these before.

It is good for 1 account. With a family plan you can have as many as 4 accounts with the one subscription of $99/year. We only have 1 account here so only need the single subscription. We do have them all combined (I have bought 3 different 1 year subscriptions)so DS subscription will expire in March 2014.

Live subscription is needed to be able to access the Microsoft Marketplace and also to be able to play games against others, This is the way my DS plays most of the time online with friends he has made all over the US and also his friends at school.

But I guess I am wondering, can only one person play at a time with the regular membership? I have 2 boys that will want to play together plus I just ordered the Kinect and my other kids will want to play those games together too, like a two player game. I only care about them being able to play the games. I don't care about points or anything else. I just want my kids to be able to play online. We have had the xbox for one year now but I did not buy them the xbox live because I just couldn't afford the wireless network adapter and the gold card too.

It is good for 1 account. With a family plan you can have as many as 4 accounts with the one subscription of $99/year. We only have 1 account here so only need the single subscription. We do have them all combined (I have bought 3 different 1 year subscriptions)so DS subscription will expire in March 2014.

I don't know what 1 account means. Does that mean only 1 person can play? Sorry, I just don't know anything about this. Thanks!

I don't know what 1 account means. Does that mean only 1 person can play? Sorry, I just don't know anything about this. Thanks!

Both will be able to play the Live subscription is to give access to the Marketplace. The way I see it working in my house when my DS has friends over is that say there are 2 of them both I see playing but only 1 can talk live with the other people they are playing with online. They other person is also playing, but it seems that only 1 can talk at a time. To have more than 1 subscription you would have to have 2 consoles. You will need another headset so both have headsets even though only 1 can talk at a time the other can still hear and he can talk just has to do it a little loader to be heard with the other headset, so make sure they have 2 headsets. I can ask my DS tonite when he comes home for more information, this is just what I have noticed when he has a friend over and they are playing online together (could also be that 1 headset is broken lol what do I know) I will post again tonite after I speak to him.