Angel Tree

LeeNina19

I am thinking about picking a child from the angel tree this year. For those of you who have participated I was wondering how much money should be spent per child? The instructions say to fulfill the wants / needs. I was looking to select a baby and I was thinking around $50 - $60 dollars. Is that too much or too little?

I wanted to start this tradition with my daughter this year and pick a child around the same age. Obviously this year she won't get it, she is seven months, but I thought it would be beneficial in years to come.

I am thinking about picking a child from the angel tree this year. For those of you who have participated I was wondering how much money should be spent per child? The instructions say to fulfill the wants / needs. I was looking to select a baby and I was thinking around $50 - $60 dollars. Is that too much or too little?

I wanted to start this tradition with my daughter this year and pick a child around the same age. Obviously this year she won't get it, she is seven months, but I thought it would be beneficial in years to come.

We picked 2 little girls last year (ages 9 and 11) (around DD's age) and it cost me about $250 per child to fulfill their requests, and that was doing most of the shopping on BF, but 1 wanted a dollhouse and the other wanted an Ipod (got her a refurbished Zune). I guess it could be done slightly cheaper if they want less expensive items, but my firm does something similar to the Angel tree and it always costs our employees about the same to fulfill each child's list.

its not how much you give its that you do.. i help out with the angel tree at work and the smallest things can sometimes mean the world to those who dont have..thanks to all of you who have helped and will continue to...workin retail at the holidays doesnt always make it easy to see the kindness in people(especially when ur gettin beatup over a bf doorbuster lol) but as ive come to realize over the years spent on this site ya'll jus rock when the chips are down ...if you need a pick me up read thru some of the gottsdealers posts durin the holidays, it warms the heart to see strangers brought together willing to help others...of course while we're gettin those big ole deals try to remember the person ur bout to run down with the shoppin cart jus may be a fellow gottadealer lol..

Years ago I volunteered at a children's shelter and they were so happy with the simple things they got. I was may 15 and there were some little girls with normal baby dolls (nothing fancy) and some of the boys got soccer or basketballs. It was really humbling to see and made my holidays. I also try to stick to younger kids on the trees because its easier to get more for my dollar there. I spent about 20/25 last year but the stuff was worth much more since it was all bought on clearance/ BF.

I adopt a military family through Operation Outreach a project through Soldiers' Angels. They suggest spending $20-50 per child and then $50-100 on a grocery gift certificate. Last year I had a single dad with a three year old and spent about $175 total. That included gifts for the boy, dad, and the grocery gift card. I'm sure the children will be thankful for whatever gifts they have to unwrap.

We do an Angel Tree child every year, sometimes more than one. Most of the wants on the slip of paper we get are for things like clothing, outerwear and boots. What they hope you will do is include some toys and games, which we always do. I guess we spent about $200 on the child we got last year.

God bless those who bring joy to a child(ren) on Christmas morning.

I read that the Angel Tree program kicked off today. When I lived in NY you could get names from the Angel trees at the bank or mall. Now that I moved Im not sure where to find an angel tree? I have heard somwalmarts have them up? I usually dont go to walmart but will go by there if a tree is there...anyone else know of where?

I read that the Angel Tree program kicked off today. When I lived in NY you could get names from the Angel trees at the bank or mall. Now that I moved Im not sure where to find an angel tree? I have heard somwalmarts have them up? I usually dont go to walmart but will go by there if a tree is there...anyone else know of where?

http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/www_usn_2.nsf/vw-search/A26BE892B1CBCE42802573F50056BE0C?opendocument Looks like they are at JC Penny's this year as well.

Does anyone know how I can go about finding a family to adopt for the holidays? I know about the angel tree and toys for tots but I want to give a tree, food and gifts. I was also thinking if I could find a family soon then I could also help out for thanksgiving.

I did this last year and I called our school and told them I would like to do a local family but would like to remain anonymous.....It was such a special experience. I did it with my neighbor, we had 3 children and a mom and we filled a bag for each of them and wrapped the gifts (she gave us lists of sizes and ideas) and as well we did a bag with cleaning supplies, paper products, and diapers. I dropped off the packages at the school (through a side door) and she had the family come pick it up (through a side door after school)---it was our school nurse who organized it here. You also might ask at a YMCA or a church. The only disappointing fact was that we never received a thank-you of any sort which I think she could have found a way to do this, but the person who gave us this family's name actually had tears in her eyes! We are going to do this again this year! Good luck, it is a wonderful thing to do.

As a group at work we take care of several families from our local children's hospital that have a child in the family that is terminally ill. All of the children in the family list one gift request. This years requests really got to me. I am buying for a 9 year old girl who requested a heated blanket. I saw lots of other requests for wool socks, winter coats, hats and gloves and many other necessities. One 12 year old boy was asking for Men's Dove body wash.

We have quite a large group so we always make sure to take care of their wishes and also get them a little something extra, just for them. We also include things like gas cards and grocery store gift cards for the parents.

We have a program like that around here where you can go pick out a family. I can't remember where it is you do it at, but I'm thinking it's through social services. I've done this several times with different groups I'm a part of, and it is always so much fun to do! My church also has a lot of families that we collect things for locally. There are so many people needing help these days that it shouldn't be hard at all to find a family. It's so nice of you to do this! :)

there is a tree at one of our grocery stores and the gifts go to the local domestic violence shelter. We buy for children and parents. Their is a $20 limit and this is my favorite tree to buy for.

Check and see if any organizations like that accept presents in your area.

we went through a friends church last year... it was 2 towns away, so I didn't have to worry DS would run into one of the kids and say -> I know where you got that!

the pastor (revererand, priest, I don't know) got the list of ages, sizes and reqests. We brought the items to the church.

I used that jcp link yesterday and chose my angel. I may chose one more this year and do 1 boy and 1 girl. I was just wondering what most of you do as far as how many gifts?

My angel asked for mostly clothes so I want to buy her a few outfits and then a few toys. I really want to put alot of thought into it and really make her happy. I live for the magic of Christmas in my kids eyes and them believeing in Santa so I really want my angel to have that same feeling. Obviously we all only do what we can do but I was just wondering for ideas and suggestions...

I used that jcp link yesterday and chose my angel. I may chose one more this year and do 1 boy and 1 girl. I was just wondering what most of you do as far as how many gifts?

My angel asked for mostly clothes so I want to buy her a few outfits and then a few toys. I really want to put alot of thought into it and really make her happy. I live for the magic of Christmas in my kids eyes and them believeing in Santa so I really want my angel to have that same feeling. Obviously we all only do what we can do but I was just wondering for ideas and suggestions...

We usually do at least 3 outfits, coat, underwear, a pair of tennis shoes, and several toys. We made the childrens place and old navy bf sale last year so was able to make our budget go far. I find it easiest to set a budget per angel and stretch it as far as possible. One of our angels got more than the other because she wanted a more expensive item but both got plenty. As for toys, I like the big item they want and then a few smaller items that are trendy and on a great sale. I can't wait to shop for our angel this year!