Target to have first ever 4-day sale before Thanksgiving

sweetdiggity

For the first time, Target will run a four-day sale starting the Sunday before Thanksgiving in which more than 170 gift items will be discounted as much as 50 percent. While in the past Target has issued a standard circular before Thanksgiving, this year the discounts are deeper, more items will be discounted and the focus will be on gift-ready items in toys, electronics and entertainment, said Kathee Tesija, Target’s executive vice president of merchandising.

http://pressroom.target.com/pr/news/target-announces-spectacular-pre.aspx?

Hopefully the deals are still good on BF. This is just another sign that retailers are going to very aggressive this holiday season. lol

I'd think that they may have some good sales during this 4 day sale but would save the "best" for Black Friday.

Perhaps this is another ad that will be leaked early so we can compare the two? ;)

Lets wait to see this 4-day sale before we start worrying about if it will impact the BF deals. A Target spokesperson saying there will be these vague "deeper discounts" doesn't mean much until we actually see the deals.

updated OP with link to complete target press release: http://pressroom.target.com/pr/news/target-announces-spectacular-pre.aspx?

details in there on the 4-day sale, target.com thanksgiving day sale and the 2-day black friday sale

Free $10 GC when you spend $100+ before 10am on Black Friday

Thanks!! Target 'sounds' promising but hopefully the deals are as good as they sound like they'll be.

Toy catalog online on Halloween! :)

updated OP with link to complete target press release: http://pressroom.target.com/pr/news/target-announces-spectacular-pre.aspx?

details in there on the 4-day sale, target.com thanksgiving day sale and the 2-day black friday sale

Free $10 GC when you spend $100+ before 10am on Black Friday

Didn't they do the GC on Black Friday also? Looking forward to the ad now!

Hopefully the deals are still good on BF. This is just another sign that retailers are going to very aggressive this holiday season. lol

I'd think that they may have some good sales during this 4 day sale but would save the "best" for Black Friday.

Perhaps this is another ad that will be leaked early so we can compare the two? ;)

Well it has been reported on tv that retailers are overstocked this year with merchandise cause they thought the economy was gonna be much better. So now they have to get rid of all this extra & have said to expect some awesome deals this holiday season. What I find interesting is Target doing these extra things with savings this year on merchandise plus adding more doorbusters.

The press release is rather interesting in some of the details is provides. Don't know how good the discounts will be, but they point out that the number of doorbusters will increase by 11 from (inferred) 14 last year to 25 this year. Being so exact indicates that they have finalized all the item selection, and likley the prices (so hope to see the leak soon).

They make a point of stating that, "Target is committed to providing a convenient and safe shopping experience and we have worked hard to ensure our guests can get in and out of the store easily," which is to contrast them from the notorious mehem, mostly at Walmart and less so at Best Buy.

I was in line first at Target last year (after previous years at Best Buy), and think they both did a pretty good job. (I have none of the worse horor stories others have witnessed.)

Didn't they do the GC on Black Friday also? Looking forward to the ad now!

They did do this last year, but I am not sure if you had to have a coupon or not. Hopefully this year it is automatic, but if it is I wonder if it will be one per person or household.

I think that these sales will have the smaller, essential type items on sale. While the electronics, hot toys and other big ticket or hard to find items will be the BF focus. I don't work for Target, but I think that's how it will be all over the place. The last couple years I've gone out on BF, I've seen people buying the bigger stuff, but not the little fillers. I think stores are seeing this too. Obviously, they do sell the smaller items but not on BF. So why push them on that day?!

• 3 weeks later...
A couple of years ago, the Target ad for the 4 days before Thanksgiving and BF included a couple of deals on TVs that were as about as good as anything on BF. Sony 32-inch flatscreen TV was a good price and you got a $100 Target gift card. At the price minus $100, it was the same as the price Best Buy had on the TV as a BF doorbuster. Bought mine at Target on Monday with no crowd. I'm hoping to see those types of deals again.

A couple of years ago, the Target ad for the 4 days before Thanksgiving and BF included a couple of deals on TVs that were as about as good as anything on BF. Sony 32-inch flatscreen TV was a good price and you got a $100 Target gift card. At the price minus $100, it was the same as the price Best Buy had on the TV as a BF doorbuster. Bought mine at Target on Monday with no crowd. I'm hoping to see those types of deals again.

OK WHERE is that ad?!

If you are talking about the ad I saw the TV in, it was the regular Sunday paper ad for Target. It was a "4 Day only" but it was not promoted as any type of pre-Black Friday ad, but it did have some great deals in it.

can you post the ad you are talking about?