Pumpkin Bread

1 1/2 cups sugar 1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 cup salad oil 1/4 tsp. ground cloves

2 eggs, beaten 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1 cup pumpkin 1/2 tsp. allspice

2 3/4 cups flour 1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. baking powder 1/3 cup water

Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees.

Using an electric mixer, combine sugar, oil and eggs.

Beat until light and fluffy. Stir in pumpkin.

Combine the dry ingredients and stir into the pumpkin mixture.

Add the water, mixing well.

Spoon the batter into a greased loaf pan.

Bake for one hour.

Makes 1 large loaf or 2 small loaves.

When using small pans bake for 45 minutes.

ETA - Forgot to say sift the flour. :)

Edited by Jen8112

Moist Pumpkin Spice Muffins (With Cream Cheese Frosting)

* Muffin Ingredients:

* 1/2 cup All-purpose Flour

* 1/2 whole wheat flour

* ½ cups Sugar

* 2 teaspoons Baking Powder

* 1-½ teaspoon Cinnamon

* ¼ teaspoons Ground Ginger

* ½ teaspoons Nutmeg

* ½ teaspoons Salt

* 4 Tablespoons Butter, cut into pieces

* 1 cup (heaping) Pumpkin Puree ( I use a whole can)

* ½ cups Evaporated Milk

* 1 whole Egg

* 1-½ teaspoon Vanilla

* ½ cups Golden Raisins (optional!)

* _____

* Topping

* 2 Tablespoons Sugar

* 1 teaspoon Cinnamon

* ¼ teaspoons Nutmeg

* _____

* FOR FROSTING:

* ¼ cups Softened Butter

* 4 ounces, weight Cream Cheese

* ½ pounds Powdered Sugar

* ½ teaspoons Vanilla

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Generously grease 12 muffin tins.

Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Cut in butter with two knives or a pastry blender until it is fully incorporated. In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin, evaporated milk, egg, and vanilla. Pour pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture. Add raisins. Fold gently until mixture is just combined.

Pour into a greased muffin pan—batter hardly ever fills all twelve unless you keep it down to 1/2 full. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar-nutmeg mixture over the top of each unbaked muffin.

Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes, then remove and allow to cool. Ice with cream cheese frosting.

To make the frosting, mix all ingredients on high until soft and whipped. Spread onto completely cooled muffins, or place into a large pastry bag with a large star tip and go crazy! Store in the fridge, as icing will soften at room temperature.

Gingerbread Cookies

Ingredients

1 cup white sugar

2 teaspoons ground ginger

1 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

1 cup margarine, melted

1/2 cup evaporated milk

1 cup unsulfured molasses

3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

3/4 teaspoon lemon extract

4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease cookie sheets.

2.In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Mix in the melted margarine, evaporated milk, molasses, vanilla, and lemon extracts. Stir in the flour, 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. The dough should be stiff enough to handle without sticking to fingers. If necessary, increase flour by up to 1/2 cup to prevent sticking.

3.When the dough is smooth, roll it out to 1/4 inch thick on a floured surface, and cut into cookies. Place cookies on the prepared cookie sheets.

4.Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. The cookies are done when the top springs back when touched. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.

Chili dogs are THE way to eat hot dogs around here so this is my recipe for hot dog sauce. Hope you enjoy it!

1# ground beef

1 small can hunts tomato sauce

1/2 red onion chopped

1 pinch of salt

1 pinch of chili powder

1 tbs ketchup

Add can of tomato sauce, ground beef, onion, and salt in a medium sauce pan.

Using a wooden spoon mix the ingredients well as you cook over medium heat.

After about 15 min. or when you notice the hamburger is cooked add the chili powder and ketchup.

Simmer over medium low heat for another 15 minutes.

Top your favorite hot dog with this sauce and enjoy.

This takes a long time to make, but it is SOOOO worth it!

30 day Friendship Cake

You need to start with:

1 1/2 cups of starter juice (if you don't have starter juice, make your own by mixing 1 1/2 cups of sugar with 1 1/2 cups of some kind of liquor. My starter juice is like 10 years old, so I don't know what it was originally made from.... I've heard brandy or any kind of wine works well.

In a 1 gallon sized glass jar with a lid, mix the starter juice with a large can of peaches, cubed, including the juice, and 1 cup of sugar.

Do not refridgerate! Just set the jar on your counter top and once a day for 10 days, open it up and give it a good stir.

On day 11, add 1 large can of pineapple chunks, with the juice, and 1 cup of sugar. Once a day for 10 days, open it up and stir.

On day 21, add 1 jar of marachino cherries, cut into halves, DO NOT ADD THE JUICE, and 1 cup of sugar. Once a day for 10 days, open it up and stir.

On day 30, drain your fruit. Save the juice to use in the future as your starter juice. The older this liquor mixture gets, the better your cake is going to taste! Mine has gotten to the point where I just about pass out from the alcohol fumes when I open it every day to stir it. I questioned whether or not this was safe, but my great aunt apparently has had her "juice" for about 30 years... I wonder what happens when she opens her jar!?!

Separate your fruit into 3 portions to make your 3 cakes. Each cake must be baked separately.

Each cake needs:

1 yellow cake mix

1 small box of instant vanilla pudding

2/3 c. oil

4 eggs

1/3 of the fruit mixture

1 cup large chunks of walnuts

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.

Put your mixture into the pan. Put it in the oven for 45-60 minutes. (I do 45 minutes, but my grandma's oven takes 60 minutes).

Let it sit for a few minutes, then turn pan over onto rack, plate, etc. to get it out of the pan. I think the cake is best cold, so we refridgerate it and eat a piece with a cup of coffee or cocoa. Its very rich and dense, so a little goes a long way! The cakes freeze really well, too! We bottle up a mason jar of starter juice to give out with the cakes that we give to friends, family, and neighbors, along with a recipe card so they can make their own.

Cranberry Fluff

Ingredients

4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries

3 cups miniature marshmallows

3/4 cup sugar

2 cups diced unpeeled tart apples

1/2 cup halved green grapes

1/2 cup chopped nuts

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 can crushed pineapple, drained

1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped

*nodding*

I make similar, it's one of the three styles of cranberry sauce we put on our table.

I prefer using the cooked sweetened whole berries rather than the raw ones, though.

Cranberry Fluff

1 (8 oz) carton sour cream

1 (3 oz ) pkg. cranberry jello (not prepared)

1 ( 6 oz. ) can crushed pineapple, drained

1 (14 oz.) can whole berry cranberry sauce

1/3 cup flaked coconut

1 small (8 oz.) carton whipped topping

Combine sour cream and Jello.

Strain pineapple. Add to sour cream and Jello along with the cranberry sauce and coconut.

Add whipped topping. Fold gently yet thoroughly.

Refrigerate at least 24 hours before serving.

Not my recipe....but always popular.

CHEX MIX PUPPY CHOW

9 cup Chex

1 cup chocolate chips

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/4 cup butter

1/4 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Put cereal in large bowl. Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.

Pour over Chex cereal, put into a large plastic bag with powdered sugar and shake well to coat.

Spread mixture evenly on wax paper and allow to cool.

1 large 29 oz can pumpkin

1 box yellow cake mix

1 cup milk

1 tsp cinnamon

1 cup melted butter

1/8 tsp cloves

1/2 tsp salt

3 eggs

1 cup sugar

1/4 tsp ginger

1/8 tsp nutmeg

Prepare pumpkin mixture pour in a 9" by 13" cake pan. Sprinkle yellow cake mix over pumpkin mixture. Melt butter pour over yellow cake. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Enjoy hot or cold.

Top with whipped cream or Cool Whip

I make this also but just a little bit different. I also make dump cake using cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple. Have used different pie fillings though and they all turn out great. Love the pumkin one. Yum Yum!

Dump Cake

1 box of yellow cake mix

1 can of cherry pie filling

1 can of crushed pineapple

2 sticks of butter

Pour can of cherry pie filling in bottom of cake pan. Pour can of crushed pineapple on top of cherry pie filling. Sprinkle dry cake mix over the crushed pineapple. Melt 2 sticks of butter and then pour it evenly over the cake mix. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. Very easy to make and taste so yummy. Friends and relatives love it.

Carmel Morsel Bars

1 lg package carmels

3 T. Water

5 Cup Rice Krispies

1 6oz package choc chips

1 6oz package butterscotch chip

melt carmels with water

In pan pour in rice krispies and mix

press 9 in 13 pan

sprinkle chips on top

Bake it at 200 5 min

take out spread morsels all over to form a frosting

Candy Bar Pie Recipe

http://hostedmedia.reimanpub.com/TOH/Images/Photos/37/exps19224_QC10253D40A.jpg

Ingredients

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened

1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed

4 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each)

1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)

Directions

In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Crush the candy bars; fold 1 cup into cream cheese mixture. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle with remaining candy bar crumbs. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.

I made these as center pieces for the Elderly dinner I make every Thanksgiving they are easy and every one loved them

http://hostedmedia.reimanpub.com/TOH/Images/Photos/37/exps38181_CW1191757D18.jpg

Ingredients

2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese

6 ounces deli smoked turkey, finely chopped

1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

1 tablespoon finely chopped onion

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

DECORATIONS:

3 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened

2 tablespoons milk

Brown, orange and yellow paste food coloring

6 large oval crackers

1 large sweet red pepper

1 small yellow summer squash

1 cup pecan halves

Assorted crackers

Directions

In a small bowl, beat the first six ingredients until combined. Shape into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.

In another small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Divide among four small bowls. With food coloring, tint one bowl brown, one dark orange and one light orange (using yellow and orange); leave one bowl plain.

Transfer each mixture to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of each bag.

For turkey tail feathers, decorate the top halves of large oval crackers with tinted cream cheese.

Using the red pepper, form the turkey head, neck and wattle. For beak, cut a small triangle from summer squash; attach with cream cheese. Add eyes, using brown and plain cream cheese. Insert pecan halves and decorated crackers into cheese ball. Serve with assorted crackers. Yield: 1 cheese ball (3 cups).

Edited by Illinoismom

i usually make this every year even the ones that dont especially like pumpkin love this

FROZEN PUMPKIN PIE

2 (3 1/2 oz.) pkgs. instant vanilla pudding and pie filling

1 1/3 c. cold milk

16 oz. can pumpkin

1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

8 oz. frozen whipped topping thawed

9 inch pie shell, baked, cooled

Whipped cream for garnish, optional

Prepare filling mix using only 1 1/3 cup milk; blend in pumpkin, spice and whipped topping. Spoon into shell and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and let stand 20 minutes before serving. A good alternative to the traditional pumpkin pie.

i always make homemade cranberry sauce even tho i

m the only one eating it i cook according to directions,bag of fresh cranberries and i think 1 or 2 cups of sugar. boil for 5 minutes. sometimes i add chopped pecans and apples to it. i have also added onions to it.

Edited by dealluvr
add

Ok...this one is super simple, but I run a daycare and the kids can do it. They turn out yummy!

square pretzels

hershey kisses

m&ms (red and green)

Put a hershey kiss on the pretzel, pop in an oven at 350 and wait until it is slightly melted. Then take the m&m and press into the soft hershey kiss and voila. A simple finger food for a kid's get together!

We do a variation: square pretzels & Rolos slightly melted and then a pecan pushed into the top. It makes a turtle-like bite.

Nutella and Banana Treats

1 sheet frozen puff pastry

9 teaspoons Nutella

9 banana slices

* Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F

* Allow puff pastry to rest, covered, at room temp for approximately 20 minutes

* Cut puff pastry into 9 squares and place on lined or well-greased cookie-sheet

* Place one teaspoon of Nutella in the middle of each square (the easiest way to do this is to use two small spoons (flatware, not measuring spoons) and use one to scoop Nutella from the jar, the other to scrape it onto the pastry).

* Place one banana slice onto each blob of Nutella

* Fold each corner of the pastry up and press the corners gently together to create a purse.

* Bake for approx. 20 minutes or until golden brown and puffy.

Butterfinger Cake

1 yellow cake mix

1 carton of cool whip

1 king size Butterfinger

1 can of sweetened condensed milk

Bake cake according to directions.

Leave in pan when done.

Use the end of a wooden spoon (or other similar shaped object) to push holes into the cake at regular spaces.

Pour can of sweetened condensed milk over the top of the cake and into holes.

Top with cool whip.

Crush or chop candy bar and sprinkle over the top of the cake.

Refrigerate for several hours at least (to let the milk seep into the cake better.)

Enjoy!

If you like pumpkin pie this is easy to make , no baking and adds a different twist to plain old pumpkin !! and it taste great !

Double Layer Pumpkin Pie

1 pkg (8 oz.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese , softened

1 cup plus 1 tbsp. milk, divided

1 tbsp. sugar

1 8 oz tub cool whip

1 graham cracker pie crust

1 15oz. can pumpkin

2 3.4 oz packages of jello-o vanilla flavor instant pudding

1tsp. cinnamon

1/2 tsp ginger

1/4 tsp cloves

beat cream cheese, 1 Tbsp. milk and sugar in large bowl until blended. Stir in 1/2 of whipped topping . Spread into crust.

Whisk remaining milk , pumpkin, pudding mixes and spices together until blended. (mixture will be thick) Spread over cream cheese layer.

Refrigerate approx. 4 hours or until set. top with remaining whipped topping if desired when served.

Oreo Balls - I started making these last year when I started my holiday baking frenzy and ever since then I have people begging me to make them all the time!

Ingredients: 1 package of Oreos (crushed)

1 8 oz. package of softened Cream Cheese

1 package of white chocolate bark (I use the bark because white chocolate is better! lol)

Mix cream cheese with electric mixer until fluffy.

Add the crushed Oreos and beat on high until well mixed.

Chill for at least 1 hour in the freezer.

Then roll Oreo cookie mix into one inch Oreo Balls.

Next, melt the chocolate bark with a double boiler or in the microwave.

Dip the Oreo balls completely into the melted chocolate using a toothpick and place on wax paper.

After the Oreo balls harden, keep them in the refrigerator.

Makes about 3 or 4 dozen Oreo Balls, depending on the size

Philly Thumbprint Cookies are still my all time favorite....

8 oz Cream Cheese Softened

3/4 c. Butter softened

1 c. Powdered Sugar

2 1/4 c. Flour

1/2 tsp. Baking Soda

1/2 tsp. Vanilla

Fruit Preserves of your choice

Preheat Oven to 325. Beat Cream Cheese, Butter, and Sugar together. Add Flour and Baking Soda slowly along with Vanilla.

Chill 30 minutes. Roll into 1 inch balls and Press thumb into center to make indent. Fill with fruit preserve and bake for 14 to 16 minutes.

Cool and Serve.

Cookie Salad

I usually quadrupple this recipe.

8oz Cool Whip

1c buttermilk

1 pkg vanilla pudding instant (banana works too)

any fruit you want

1 pkg keebler striped cookies

make pudding substitute milk with buttermilk, fold in cool whip. Drain fruit, add fruit, crush cookies and mix together. Chill.

This is a staple at Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. We love it so much I make alot. BUT it always ruins my diet. :)

I am baking challenged and usually dislike pumpkin but i love this pumpkin cheesecake:

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs

1/3 cup butter

1/4 cup granulated sugar

3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese

1 cup granulated sugar

1/4 cup packed light brown sugar

2 large eggs

1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin

2/3 cup NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk

2 tablespoons cornstarch

1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 (16 ounce) container sour cream

1/3 cup granulated sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.

COMBINE graham cracker crumbs, butter and granulated sugar in medium bowl. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes (do not allow to brown). Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.

BEAT cream cheese, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until fluffy. Beat in eggs, pumpkin and evaporated milk. Add cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; beat well. Pour into crust.

BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly.

COMBINE sour cream, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in small bowl; mix well. Spread over surface of warm cheesecake. Bake for 5 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of springform pan.

Here is one that is pretty simple to make and comes out really good. Doesn't taste like a box cake at all.

Eggnog Cake Recipe

Ingredients

1 package yellow cake mix

1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

2 extra large eggs, lightly beaten

1 1/2 cups eggnog

4 tablespoons butter, melted

2 tablespoons rum, optional

Powdered sugar for dusting

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Butter and flour a standard Bundt pan (or use cooking spray that contains flour). Don't skip this step or you'll have a sticky mess on your hands.

Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat for four minutes, on medium speed with an electric mixer.

Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.

Cool 10 minutes and invert onto a cooling rack and cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.

Ok, This is a family recipe. This cake is hard to ruin and is wonderful as is or gussied up with icing or glaze (or toasted with butter on it....)

Grandmom's SOUR CREAM CAKE *****

6 eggs - separated 1/4 tsp baking soda

2 sticks butter - softened 1/4 tsp salt

3 cups sugar 8 oz sour cream

3 cups flour

Cream butter, egg yolks, and sugar together. Add Flour, salt and soda to sugar mixture. Add sour cream and mix. Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into cake.

Place into a cold oven and bake at 300 degrees for an hour and a half.

We have an extra large mixing bowl and I double the recipe to make 2 bundt pan cakes at a time. I've also made loaf cakes as gifts, each recipe makes 2. Oh and it freezes well. I usually start in early November and make some every weekend so that I have enough for family.

Here is a simple dip that everyone loves...everytime I have any kind of gathering someone wants to know if I am making it.

Shrimp Butter Dip

1 8 0z. block of Philladelphia Cream Cheese

1 stick of real butter

4 tablespoons of real Mayonaise

1 can of tiny shrimp

1/4 -1/2 of small onion

Let Cream Cheese soften, let Butter soften. Mix Cream Cheese and Butter together with the mayonaise. Chop the shrimp and onion and add to the mixutre. I chop the onion up as small as I can get it...if you like onion add more. The shrimp I chop up a little. Put in the refrigerator for 2 hours and it is ready to serve...We like to use the club cracker sticks...easy for dipping, but you can use whatever crackers your family likes. This can also be done with crab meat also.

Bonus recipe...my new favorite that will become a tradition.

take Ritz crackers and peanut butter, make peanut butter sandwiches with them...melt chocolate almond bark in a bowl in the microwave adding a little oil to to make it thinner. Dip the peanut butter sandwiches in the chocolate, put on wax paper. These are OMG Good!!! Make sure you make plenty!!!

I am so going to have to print this thread. Yum! It might entice me to bake for once...

That said, since I'm not much of a cook, I do like to "make" hot apple cider during the holidays.

I use a gallon of any apple juice or cider

1 large orange, cut into thin slices

3-4 cinnamon sticks

2 tbsp mulling spices

Just throw it all together in a pot and let it slowly simmer. The longer it cooks, the better it tastes!

Haven't made this yet but seen it in a magazine and can't wait to try it.

Fuzzy Red Velvet Cake

Ingredients:

1 package (18.25 oz.) Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe Red Velvet Cake Mix

1/2 cup buttermilk

1 (21 ounce) can Comstock® or Wilderness® More Fruit Cherry Pie Filling or Topping

1/2 cup butter, melted

3 large eggs

1 tsp. pure vanilla extract

9 oz. white baking chocolate

12 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature

6 Tbsp. butter, at room temperature

1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract

4 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar

7 oz. flaked coconut

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour 3 round 8-inch cake pans. Separate the cherries from the syrup by placing in a kitchen strainer over a bowl. Reserve ½ cup of the syrup.

2. In a large mixing bowl, add cake mix, buttermilk, ½ cup cherry syrup, melted butter, eggs and vanilla. Blend with an electric mixer until the batter is combined. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.

3. Bake the cakes until they spring back when lightly pressed with your finger, 28-30 minutes.

4. Remove the pans from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the cakes from the pans and cool completely for 30 minutes.

5. Place the white chocolate in a small glass bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir until smooth.

6. Place the cream cheese and butter in mixing bowl. Beat until well combined. Add the melted white chocolate, vanilla and 2 ½ cups of the confectioners’ sugar. Blend on low speed until the sugar is incorporated. Add the additional sugar and blend until the frosting is fluffy.

7. To Frost: Place one cake layer on a serving platter and spread with frosting, top with Cherries. Place the second layer on the first and frost. Place the 3rd cake layer on top and frost top and sides of cake. Sprinkle and gently press coconut over entire cake.

Makes 8 servings

Prep time: 30 minutes

Bake time: 30 minutes

Rice Pudding

1 cup cooked rice

2 cups of milk

1 TBSP butter melted (microwave)

pinch of salt

3/4 cup raisins (I did Craisins = YUMMY!! Whatever dried fruit chopped small would work)

2 eggs

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1/2 cup sugar

½ tsp vanilla

Beat eggs then add to milk, sugar & vanilla in Crock-Pot. Whisk items well. Stir in rice and raisins.

Cover, cook on high for 1 3/4 hours. Done when mixture looks creamy and thick; pudding will thicken as it cools. Turn off cooker and cool mixture to room temperature. Refrigerate until ready to eat. We ate this about 30 mins after shutting off, while warm and it was very good.

I make Cheescake for the holidays

You will need:

2 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened

2/3 cup sugar

3 large eggs

1/2 tsp. vanilla

Topping:

3 tbsp. sugar

8 oz. sour cream

1 tsp. vanilla

Crust:

9" graham cracker pie crust (I just buy the premade kind)

1. Beat cream cheese, 2/3 cup sugar, 3 eggs, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla with mixer until smooth. Pour into 9 inch graham cracker pie crust.

2. Bake 22 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Turn oven off. Remove cheesecake and cool for 5 minutes.

3. Combine 3 tablespoons sugar, sour cream, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Spread over warm cheesecake and return to oven for 5 minutes.

4. Cool and refrigerate.

PUMPKIN COOKIES!!! GREAT FOR MAKING THIS WEEK FOR THE KIDS!!

* 2 cups shortening, 2 cups white sugar,2 cups canned pumpkin,2 eggs 2 teaspoons baking soda1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon salt 4 cups all-purpose flour 6 tablespoons butter 8 tablespoons milk 2 cups confectioners' sugar 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 cup packed brown sugar

how to make them: cream shortening, white sugar and pumpkin add eggs and mix well sift together the baking soda, ground cinnamon, salt and flour add to pumpkin mixture and mix well drop from spoon to cookie sheet bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees F to make frosting: cook butter milk and brown sugar until dissolved cool and add confectioners sugar and vanilla spread over warm cookies.

one of my favorites of this fall season!!

I was thinking of the two cranberry fluff recipes above.

I usually don't care for additional fruit added, but was eating a pomegranate today and decided pomegranate seeds might be a really nice mix-in to the version I make.

Does anyone know if pomegranates will still be in season around Thanksgiving? The one I had today was awesome. Sweet and loaded with seeds.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting a major sweet tooth reading this thread. lol

Yeah, that and gaining several pounds just reading all these wonderful and scrumptious sounding recipes! Keep 'em coming folks! I may have to test a few this holiday season! :)

I make this every Christmas as gifts, I use walnuts and taste just as good (since macadamia nuts can get pricey)

Baklava

Ingredients:

1 ( 17 ¼ oz ) package frozen phyllo pastry, thawed

1 ¼ cups butter melted

1 ¼ cups flaked coconut, lightly toasted

½ cup finely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted

½ cup finely chopped pecans

½ cup firmly packed brown sugar

1 tsp. ground allspice

1cup sugar

½ cup water

¼ cup honey

How to make it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Butter a 13” x 9” x 2” inch baking pan. Cut phyllo in half crosswise, and cut each half to fit pan. Discard trimmings. Cover phyllo with a slightly damp towel. Layer 10 sheets of phyllo in pan, brushing each sheet with melted butter.

Combine coconut, macadamia nuts, pecans, brown sugar, and allspice; stir well. Sprinkle one-third of nut mixture over phyllo in pan. Top with 10 sheets of phyllo, brushing each sheet with melted butter. Repeat procedure twice with remaining nut mixture, phyllo, and butter, ending with buttered phyllo. Cut into diamond shapes, using a sharp knife. Bake at 350º for 45 minutes or until top is browned. Let cool completely.

Combine 1 cup sugar, water, and honey in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; drizzle syrup over baklava. Cover and let stand at room temperature 24 hours. Yield: about 3 dozen. Place on a serving platter.

http://s2.grouprecipes.com/images/recipes/200/1019784607.JPG