When are the decorations going up?

arf110106

All of our Christmas decorations live at my grandmother's house, so it's a bit of an annoyance to figure out when we can go get them and where we'll put all the boxes while we're doing it before they can be returned. Usually I try for right after Thanksgiving/first week of December, when we're making all of our cemetery visits. We get a real tree so that doesn't happen until (usually) the 2nd week of December. Every year I say I'm going to do things earlier and, well...*sigh*

I ALWAYS do it the Saturday after Thanksgiving..but we will be away/and or busy from like Mid November and have things planned until December 5th and that just seems WAY too late for me. Dh and I decided we are going to start putting stuff up this week and the Christmas tree next week. We wont put up our outside decorations until the 5th because our hoa has strict rules about that ( which is ridicoulous)...

I cant wait...was listening to my Andrea Boccelli Christmas cd this morning and totally got me all hyped for the season!!

Ok, I was considering today, it is like 55 degrees out, BUT seems neighbors that normally do not have off Veteran's Day, Do this year--they are everywhere. Not only will I get the "oh look at her doing her's so early" looks but probably the "friendly chat" so they can hold me back and deter me from finishing-NOT. Guess I will wait until Friday or Monday.

Wish I lived by some of you fun gottadealers who love to decorate and go-over-the-top !

:holiday03 I need to get some cleaning and organizing taken care of first, but then I will begin decorating! Woohoo!

We have a faux tree, but we decided to get a real one last year. I'm not sure if we will decorate our faux tree or get a real tree. I want a real tree, but I'm not sure I feel like spending money on one.:holiday07

The outside of the house will be done Thanksgiving weekend. The master bedroom tree goes up the following weekend. Our main tree won't go up until Christmas Eve morning. This is our first year having a dog. So I'm not sure how the whole dog vs. tree thing will go. Wish us luck!

The outside of the house will be done Thanksgiving weekend. The master bedroom tree goes up the following weekend. Our main tree won't go up until Christmas Eve morning. This is our first year having a dog. So I'm not sure how the whole dog vs. tree thing will go. Wish us luck!

Good luck! I've never had a problem with dogs and tree's and hopefully you won't either! :D

My husband is the scrooge and takes down ALL christmas stuff on 12/25. Ridiculous I know, but he has always done this. Because of it I put the tree up as early as I can. I'm thinking next weekend. Everyone laughs as we get up christmas morning. Unwrap. Kids put away all items they get. My husband runs around with a trash bag and cleans up all the paper, etc.

We get ready and go to my parents house. Get home around 6pm or so. By 8-9pm the tree is down, ornaments and all decorations put away. He vacuums and that's it. I've tried to break him of this, but he has always done it this way. Going on 13 years now.

My husband is the scrooge and takes down ALL christmas stuff on 12/25. Ridiculous I know, but he has always done this. Because of it I put the tree up as early as I can. I'm thinking next weekend. Everyone laughs as we get up christmas morning. Unwrap. Kids put away all items they get. My husband runs around with a trash bag and cleans up all the paper, etc.

We get ready and go to my parents house. Get home around 6pm or so. By 8-9pm the tree is down, ornaments and all decorations put away. He vacuums and that's it. I've tried to break him of this, but he has always done it this way. Going on 13 years now.

I do the exact same thing. I love Christmas but once it is over...it is over and I want all the decorations etc down. Of course we don't put it up until 12/24 so why do we even bother? lol It is pretty when it is up however

After talking with my mom and sisters they are coming up on Dec. 4 to help me get the house ready for Christmas. I am so excited I've been listening to Christmas music off and on since Oct. 1. If I weren't pregnant and unable to get the decorations down I would be starting to put them up now :D

We don't have a specific day, but I love having the up as long as possible. The earliest I ever took the tree down was December 27th and that was only because we had purchased a real tree that year and it dried out so fast that it was leaning quite a bit on the 27th. I was afraid that it would fall and break our ornaments. I was also concerned about fire. The lights were in great shape, but it still made me nervous.

All indoor decorations went up today except for the tree (real ). We will put all the outside lights and decorations out next weekend but won't turn them on until Thanksgiving. We will go pick out our tree on bf and decorate it that night. I can't wait! :D

We decorated the inside of our house already and put up the tree. I wanted to do the outside this past weekend but my ds is 13 and he has always helped me but he is on crutches till tomorrow so i decided to wait to let him help me. he would be dissappointed if he didnt get to help. im so excited for bf now!!

We put most of our outside decorations up over the weekend when the weather was nice. Last year we waited & had to do it in the blowing snow! I always decorate the inside of the house on Thanksgiving & then usually put the trees up a week or so later.

Oh I love this time of year! :holiday02 Decorated the gameroom on Friday & Saturday. :holiday07 Both trees are up. :holiday05 And I am ecstatic.

I don't think I have been this far ever before December 1st!!! :holiday03 wooohooo My spare room, however is still full of paper, boxes and some storage totes and a ton of clean clothes that need put away. :holiday07 I can't contain my excitement.