When are the decorations going up?

arf110106

Hey guys!

I absolutely love this time of year and we have so much going on that it goes by in a blur most of the time. I've been thinking though about when I should start putting up the Christmas deco..my oldest (whose birthday is on Nov. 1st) is already asking about the decorations and when are we going to put up the tree, lol. Last year I put it up the week after her birthday..so yea two whole months of decorations. I loved it though! It's looking like they are going up that early again ;).

I'm curious to know when does your family start decorating?:yup:

I love putting my tree up early, I have in the past had it up before Thanksgiving. My dd birthday is Nov 17th and we have her party here and then Thanksgiving is here as well and my moms family ALWAYS gives me a hard time saying " I can't belive that you have your tree up already and just things along those lines and it DRIVES me nuts! I would never go in someones house and say that..to each their own! i want to put it up either before her birthday party or right after it

I used to put my stuff up the weekend after Thanksgiving. It was kind of a tradition DH and I started to go tree shopping that next weekend. Now stuff doesn't go up till way after. Anyone who recognizes me knows why by now! :) My kitties! God love em' but they are hell around the holidays. Any kind of decorations just don't stand a chance. Last year was their first tree and they were better than I though they would be. By that I mean the tree remained standing the whole time. LOL. Grace, my oldest at 3 (and my avitar) is fine - a lovely little rescue girl who just wants to sit under the warm lights. The other two, Lexie and Simon are Tonkinese. So if you know anything about that breed you know these are cats on speed! LOL Now my decorations are only up for about 2-3 weeks. It's all we can handle. The tree is decorated in stages as I have to "sneak" the new stuff on. It doesn't work. New doodlebobbers are spotted immediately and investigated thoroughly. My tree in the mornings looks like it has been ravaged as things are hanging off and strewn about the floor! My tree gets a lot of love :)

My decorations go up the weekend before Thanksgiving. My parents come to my house for Thanksgiving and it's the only time they get to see my house decorated for Christmas. This year we're in a new house, so it will be fun trying to decide where everything should go.

How many of you leave your tree up through Epiphany/Little Chr-stmas/Three Kings Day on January 6th? Being Jewish, I have observed that many Roman Catholics who observe that tradition will decorate the week before Chr-stmas, not turning on any lights until Chr-stmas Eve. Whereas those who decorate early tend to have their decorations down right after New Years, if not before.

Where do you fit it?

We try to put up Thanksgiving weekend and usually don't take down til 3 Kings Day but also depends on tree etc. This year I I'm contemplating whether to put up or not with Bella. She came to us New Years Day 2009 and has never experienced an Xmas tree. Last year we didn't put anything up since we had my older brothers office furniture where tree would normally go. I'm sentimental about all the old less breakable (wooden/stuffed/plastic) stuff and don't want her knocking my glass disney ornaments off the tree either.

As soon as tree goes up lights go on same night.

Edited by tinkrbel
spelling

The tree and decorations don't go up until the Sunday after Thanksgiving,but I start (mostly secretly) listening to Christmas music the day after Halloween ;)

OmG! Yes you just reminded me of that, I can't WAIT until they start playing Christmas music on the radio!

My dh is all too willing to put my Christmas decorations up...up for sale that is! He always acts like a Scrooge when I want to get them out and start decorating, but he always helps willingly. Gotta love the man for putting up with me, although we don't start decorating till at least the first part of December, usually the 2nd week or so.

My outside lights will go up Nov 1st, and the tree probably a week or so after that. Im anxious to get the lights up as Ive been working on my display for a month or so already. This will be my second year setting up and running a computer controlled light display custom synced to music. Its a lot of work but I love watching all my effort blinking away that first night everything goes live !

So far this fall Ive built 6, 3' mini trees with 200 lights each, and a new 8.5' tree with 12 seperate channels of animation. I've doubled the number of animated channels this year from 16 to 32, and cant wait to move to a larger house for the display to grow even more LOL.

My outside lights will go up Nov 1st, and the tree probably a week or so after that. Im anxious to get the lights up as Ive been working on my display for a month or so already. This will be my second year setting up and running a computer controlled light display custom synced to music. Its a lot of work but I love watching all my effort blinking away that first night everything goes live !

So far this fall Ive built 6, 3' mini trees with 200 lights each, and a new 8.5' tree with 12 seperate channels of animation. I've doubled the number of animated channels this year from 16 to 32, and cant wait to move to a larger house for the display to grow even more LOL.

Wow, that sounds amazing! I hope you post some pics when it's all done. :)

Last year I put them up Nov. 1 but not sure when this year that will be up to my mom and my DH, because I'm pregnant and not able to get the stuff down from the attic, and of course will need their help to get everything decorated but I know it will get done since we have Christmas with my parents and sisters here and Christmas with my Dad's entire family here.