Panasonic DMC-FZ30

Keebelf

Yeah $200 isn't going to happen anytime this year (unless a price mistake comes around)

Hey, we all know THAT has happened before. I know its not going to happen in this year, but it is nice to dream. lol

Okay, more realistic.....I can get it off eBay for 577.from GBP (yes, the 577 is the exchange price).....if anyone can find it for 100.00 less than that......

actually I have no idea what that offers. I want it for the Zoom. My current 35mm camera goes up to 220 and I use it a lot as binoculars than for taking pictures. A lot of stuff in VA is up on hills and so you have to be at a distance to get it otherwise you can't hardly see it when you are right next to it. Plus, I use the camera at Alexis' gym class A. for me to see her with and B. to take some action shots but mainly for the zoom feature.

We haven't been able to find a larger lens attachment for the camera to give me more zoom and we are also thinking that the price of a larger lens would probably be right around the same price as a new camera with a larger zoom.

Well, a higher MP camera like the Z30 give you more resolution to work with. Before you start thinking more is better...it really isn't unless you're going to actually use it. If you planning on printing huge prints or you like to crop yet keep a fantastic picture, then the 8mp will come in handy. Otherwise, if you're planning on printing only 8" x 10" prints or smaller, it would be cost effective to get a different camera. Since you picked panasonic, I would recommend either the Z5 or Z20. Both are 5mp cameras and still come with that 12x optical zoom you like. The both also have the IS and most of the other features of the z30. Both can be had for less than the z30. Just my $.02...Doesn't sound like you need the 8mp...so why pay for it?

Thanks for the recommendations. I will have to look those up.

I don't really print out the pics any.....I have picturetrail and most everyone that I would want to show the pics to is online already. If I got some REALLY nice shots and once we get the house fixed up to where they would look good blown up and framed (or matted rather) then I would probably take anything to an actual carmera store to get it blown up professionally.

I will take these other camers into consideration. MIght be able to get it sooner with lower prices.

Then I would definitely go with either the z5 or the z20. No need for the 8 megapixels. You just missed a dell 30% off panasonic cameras. If my math is correct, the z5 would have been $290 (30% + $60 off). Hard to say when another dell deal will be though.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/CAMDB/compare_results.php?sections%5B%5D=677&sections%5B%5D=887&sections%5B%5D=774&submit=Compare