How many of you have family who think you're crazy?

nikol0304

Yep! My family too. My husband used to think so, but now he's gotten used to it. I start thinking about it in July or August, lol.

Haha thats like my fiance...he's gotten used to it. He's even started genuinely caring about my BF fund (we have 2 small children so I'm not working right now.) He knows. No matter what our current financial situation...I will be out. Even if it's just for $3 pajamas. lol..

He's a different story though. He thinks I just like to shop. If it was up to him we'd go the week of Christmas and spend $500 per child. Wrong! That's why I handle the finances AND the shopping.

But my mom has no desire to do BF, and my dad and everyone else thinks we're nuts. Oh well! They should be happy we're willing to brave the cold and long lines to get THEM nicer gifts for the money! lol...

My father thinks I go overboard with the excitement/planning but he gets the mathematics behind it. He even ventured to Walmart last year for some stuff to send his family in Cuba. It helps to get things dirt cheap when they charge $15/lb to mail it over.

My family thinks Im a bit nutty for thinking about black friday in August/September. However, they have grown to know its just how I am. My hubby also knows he always has 1 stop to make (target) and he grins n bears it because he loves me..lol! Noone really understands my obsession but my family always jokes that they are glad that I am like that because it reminds them to get moving when it gets closer to the holidays!

mine thinks Im nuts but they dont stop from asking me to get them somthing as long as I am out. I am kind enough to say no because if they want to laugh and make fun of me then they dont get use of my time and energy for themselves.

Alot of the members shop BF too so not too many think I am crazy when it comes to BF. However many do think I am crazy for thinking about BF/Christmas year round and christmas shopping year round (about 1/3 to 1/2 of my Christmas shopping is done on BF)

they all think im crazy. but im the one who has the most but spent the least for my kids!!!

Isn't that the best? We tend to end up going overboard with the kids though....but this year I think I'll be able to keep myself in check. I actually started shopping for them right after last Christmas, so I'm almost done with them. Once my Christmas fund is mostly wiped out on BF, hopefully I won't be tempted to buy those last minute things!

My family think I am crazy,too. I don't have any relatives ( not enough female) who understand my need for shopping so they don't understand the BF ,either. My brother would love to shop for his family this way but he can't drag out of bed at 3am on BF. My mom had call me on the cellphone one time and it was around 4am and I was infront Circuit City in a line and freezing to dealth. Phone ring and she was like I woke up and its dark and my daughter had snuck out of house thief. Thief !! Geez....

my husband thinks I am crazy for going out that day ! he went one time with me and said "never again" . now he just hands me money and says "it is worth me paying to get to stay home" lol

Too funny! That sounds like my husband. We went shopping this year for tax free day and I made the comment that this is like Black Friday. He said why do you go then bc I was complaining about the crowd. I told him that when I go BF shopping I don't have any kids or him..lol. It is just my bff and me..

Some members of my family think so. Wife doesn't necesarily think it is crazy, but she won't get in line at 3AM (or earlier). My brother flew in on Thanksgiving for a visit a couple of years ago and went with me and my nephew while we waited in line at BB on a rather cold morning. He split to go to a Kohls at opening, and tagged along with us the rest of the morning, but says he won't ever do it again.

My family understands my nuttyness! My Co-Workers are starting to understand. They think I'm crazy b/c I've been talking about BF since August. But EVERY YEAR in November they all come to me to get tips & tricks on what to do on BF or where are the good sales!!! ;) I always tell them check the BF Bible first.....Gottadeal.com!!! :D My husband "acts" like he hates it. But he comes with me EVERY YEAR!!! He says he only comes with me for safety reasons since it's night out & the crowds can get crazy. But he secrectly enjoys it!! Once the doors open he gets excited just like everyone else! I always treat him to a hot breakfast at I-HOP after shopping as my "thanks" for being my bodyguard. LOL!

My family understands my nuttyness! My Co-Workers are starting to understand. They think I'm crazy b/c I've been talking about BF since August. But EVERY YEAR in November they all come to me to get tips & tricks on what to do on BF or where are the good sales!!! ;) I always tell them check the BF Bible first.....Gottadeal.com!!! :D My husband "acts" like he hates it. But he comes with me EVERY YEAR!!! He says he only comes with me for safety reasons since it's night out & the crowds can get crazy. But he secrectly enjoys it!! Once the doors open he gets excited just like everyone else! I always treat him to a hot breakfast at I-HOP after shopping as my "thanks" for being my bodyguard. LOL!

my husband came w me 1 year "for safety reasons" lmao it was the 1st and last time!

I am lucky to have a family that understands. Last year, we talked to a screenprinter prior to Black Friday and had shirts made up for our family. They say BFF (Black Friday) on them in green print on a red t-shirt. We then put numbers on the back of them for each couple. The guys all got the month they got married and the girls got the day. It was quite hilarious to see other folks' reaction to our insane family and our t-shirts.

My husband used to think I was crazy for going out, but over the past 10 years he has become nearly as excited as I am, although he won't admit it. I found that if I give him a task to complete for the day (last year he weaved through the crowds at Target to get a tv) he feels pretty cool about being able to "score" that hot item.

My coworkers do think I am crazy. I'm like a lot of you...July and August make me think about Christmas and Black Friday. I love it!!!

My Dh thinks I am crazy but he has always been wiiling to watch the kids. Now that the kids are older I have a regular army for BF shopping. Hopefully my aunt is coming from MO for Thanksgiving and BF. I have gotten one of my co-workers hooked too but she goes by herself. My boss gives me money if she needs anything in the ads. The rest of my friends have made comments in the past so I just don't discuss it with them anymore. Its fun to come on here and "talk" to people who understand.

My youngest DD is 7 and really wants to go shopping on BF. I have told her I would rather wait a few more years and then she can go too. I am calling her my "mini me"

My friends and family think that I am nuts because I cant wait for BF. This is my favorite Holiday (at least it a holiday to me). The girls in the family all love to go now because its become a family tradition. We joke around and enjoy talking to people in line. I just love it!

Yep, but they love to ask me about it and hear my stories! They all stand around me at THanksgiving like I'm some sort of freak show and ask questions like, What time are you going out? and How much will you save? It's hilarious, especially when I come home with my great deals and they haven't even started shopping.

All of my family thinks i am nuts! I was talking to my mom the other day about christmas shopping, and you could totally tell she had no interest. Of course she is the biggest procrastinator there ever was. I love shopping, i love saving money, so of course I am going BF shopping! And i am bringing my husband along this year for his first BF experience. I can't wait! haha

All of my family thinks i am nuts! I was talking to my mom the other day about christmas shopping, and you could totally tell she had no interest. Of course she is the biggest procrastinator there ever was. I love shopping, i love saving money, so of course I am going BF shopping! And i am bringing my husband along this year for his first BF experience. I can't wait! haha

lol about your mom. My mom is the SAME way. Of course, money has been tight with her since her and my dad split, so I think that's partially why. But she's definitely a procrastinator....

Come to think of it...nobody in my family really gets into the Christmas spirit like I do. All except my grandma. Must be where I got it.. :-)

I wish I could get my fiance to come with me on BF. But he has other agendas for Thanksgiving weekend. He's an avid hunter so usually after TG dinner, he's gone. He's also ADHD, and I could totally see him having a nervous breakdown. lol. One of these years though...

My family thinks I'm crazy, but it has very little to do with BF... :) Beyond the fact that I start plotting my BF week while on vacation the last week of August every year. I start mumbling about "When are they going to start posting ads?" shortly after Labor Day. I've already purchased 90% of my stocking stuffers by Halloween... Yeah they think I'm crazy.