Big Toy Book

Jen8112

i still have no book yet either. im from ct did anyone from ct get there books and getting so upset cause book is not in my hands yet.ugggh

I live in Newington and got my book on Wednesday night. That sucks that yours hasn't come yet. Last year I was on the mailing list and never got one. so I have no clue on their logic.

Got my book two days ago. Had to hide the coupons right away and the kids tore through it so much, it looks like it went though a tornado!!

I went to TRU in Deptford NJ. and asked for another book and they said I had to call 1-800-toysrus for it and that they weren't keeping any in the stores this year!!!

Hey all!!!

Like many, I got the big Toy Book and was able to salvage the two coupons, before my four kids tore through it leaving nothing but a pair of staples on the floor!! Now I went to TRU to replace it and was told by the front desk clerk, that I had to call 1-800-Toysrus to get a replacement and that TRU is NOT stocking big Toy Books this year as a cost cutting measure!!!!

Now two questions........

1- Did anyone else hear about this??

2- Are the other Toy Catalogues, (i.e. Walmart/target/etc.) going to be available for the public other than on-line viewing??

I just called the 800 number to get a book and he said that they have already been sent out and that there aren't anymore. He said that a store MIGHT have some, but it's not likely. He also said that the flyer that comes in the paper contains SOME toy book advertisements, but it's not the full toy book and won't have the coupons.

We have a Sunday early edition that comes out on Saturdays and no catalogs for no stores were in there. Hopefully tomorrow. If I don't have any coupons I will definitely not be shopping at TRU it defeats the purpose when I can get the toys cheaper elsewhere.

I just called the 800 number to get a book and he said that they have already been sent out and that there aren't anymore. He said that a store MIGHT have some, but it's not likely. He also said that the flyer that comes in the paper contains SOME toy book advertisements, but it's not the full toy book and won't have the coupons.

I will almost bet my life that if you call back n get someone else they will tell u something TOTALLY different! I LOVE LOVE LOVE tru but they 800 people NEVER have a clue when it comes to the big book and each person will tell u something different... For as long as I can remember its ALWAYS in the Sunday paper, ALWAYS a full book, and ALWAYS has the coupon on the back...so dont sweat it =) It will be in the paper 2morrow!

I called the 800 # too and was told the same thing "sorry u didnt get one, they've already gone out and i can't get u one. none in stores" SOOOO mad about this!!! I have gotten EVERY other mailer ALL year from them but this one!!! And there is a lot I want from it!!!

Wow, TRU. I'm very impressed with you this year... not even the beginning of toy season yet and you've already managed to alienate a bunch of potential customers! Nice.

I've gotten my book... looks like I was among the first to get it, which is weird because I am, lets see... 80ish miles from a TRU. Weird thought process on their part... to send the books out to people who may or may not take the trek to their store, but not to people who have easy access to one. And not making the book available in store is outrageous! What is the point of having a big toy sale if not to sell toys... and how are you going to sell many toys when you aren't allowing your customers easy access to the sale flyer.

I guess they are hoping that people will look online, know the items on sale, and come and buy them, without the cost of them printing the book. Whatever. But then refusing to send one out to customers who take the time to call and request one. That is just rediculous! If my book weren't already torn, scribbled on, items marked, etc, I'd mail it to someone who didn't get one. Especially since they are sending them out in the newspaper... imagine how many of those copies are tossed out, without even being looked at. In the newspaper, they might get 1 person in 20 (emphasis on might) who sees something they want and goes to TRU. A person who takes the time to request a catalog is almost a guaranteed customer. Seems like pretty flawed marketing on their part!

I just called 800 and the women was so nice she said anyone who is on mailing list should get 1. She said she just got hers today and she has 1 sister in law still waiting and she gets every yr. She said they will be in papers tomm. ,but if for some reason its not in your paper run to store and get tomm cause the stores will not have allot of copies this yr.Hopefully i still get my catalog on mon that would be great .

We get our Sunday ads early, so ours came in our paper today...what pisses me off is the one thing I KNEW I was going to buy, the FP Singamajigs, are advertised at 7.49 in the scan, but are 9.49 in my book!!

I noticed this too! I was totally looking forward to a nice price adjustment x 9. Now it will be quite a bit less :(

I got my books in the paper today. What was annoying is my husband said he had to look through several of the same types of paper ( tampa tribune) to find 5 of them that actually had the toy book in them ( I needed alot of those coupons so I made him buy 5 papers) So either tru is cutting down and only putting it in some papers and not all OR people are going through the newspapers n just stealing the tru books out so they dont need to spend the money on the toy book in the paper. Either option is REALLY annoying since hubby took like almost 30 mins searching through them to actually BUY those papers!

I got my books in the paper today. What was annoying is my husband said he had to look through several of the same types of paper ( tampa tribune) to find 5 of them that actually had the toy book in them ( I needed alot of those coupons so I made him buy 5 papers) So either tru is cutting down and only putting it in some papers and not all OR people are going through the newspapers n just stealing the tru books out so they dont need to spend the money on the toy book in the paper. Either option is REALLY annoying since hubby took like almost 30 mins searching through them to actually BUY those papers!

I went through 4 different papers at 3 different stores and none of them had the toy book in them. When I went to TRU they had plenty of books but no coupons on them, NONE. I was told by customer service that not all people got them, no one who worked their received them and they think that coupons were only sent out to people who spent a lot money in TRU and cardholders. What BS, really TRU you might have lost a very loyal customer trying to cut corners.