Target Opening at 4am This Year

neboo

Correct if I'm wrong please, but it looks like this is for Price Matching, not Price Adjusting. I have also purchased black friday deals on the Wednesday before and received a refund during the sales event hours. I had no problem at all getting a refund. It does have to be the exact item and during the sale hours to get your refund. Here's what they have posted on their web-site about their Price Adjustment policy...

http://www.target.com/b/?&node=2223356011

I should add that I did ask someone in CS in advance if they would give me an adjustment on BF if I purchased it early and they said they would with a receipt and during the sales event. You might want to ask at your store just to be sure if it is a must have item.

This is going to make for good entertainment. The little shopping area directly West of us has a SuperWalmart on the north side of the road, an Office Max south of it, a Target across the highway, and a gas station that is certain to make a mint on caffeinated beverages directly in-between.... Me.... I shall be at Menards!

Last year I emailed Targets store Customer Service and they said that yes they would do price adjustments. I printed out this email and brought it with me just in case I had any issues and thankfully I did not. I love that they do this because their are some Black Fridays where I can't get to Target. I try to buy there when I can because they are closest to me and I like that if I lose my receipt they can look it up on my card.

I can see that they wouldn't PA doorbusters, but I haven't purchased any of them lately so it was never an issue for me.

Last year I was returning something (at the customer service desk) a couple days before BF and I told the cashier that I wanted to buy something but wanted to wait because it was something that "might" be on sale for BF and she told me to buy it now and get it adjusted on BF (I knew the item would be on sale) so I wrote down her name. I had no problems on BF getting the adjustment.

Target doesn't usually do Doorbusters, do they? I thought their sale usually ran for two days. I usually hit Target last because there's no time pressure.

Of course, if the open at 4 AND have time-sensitive deals, I'm going to be in trouble!

Yeah I think most of their deals are 2 day sales (love that!) I can't remember if they do "5 hours only" sales like Walmart does! Anyone know?

I love getting in line early and waiting...it is part of the fun...so if they open earlier, I will just leave the house and hour or so earlier, since I never go to bed on Thanksgiving night, it means less killing time at home waiting to leave...LOL...As for being in two places at once, since there is a group of us, half at Walmart with our list and half of us at Target with their list, with an occasional someone at Staples, Office Depot, Penney's or Sears. We always manage to get everything we are really wanting. Working with a group that is all on the same page works very well...I have taught my daughters well, along with all significant others... I am looking forward to an earlier opening, more time to shop.

• 2 weeks later...
Last year they changed from 6am to 5am and now to 4am...well it does make it a bit more difficult to get everywhere when they open. I think regardless, to some degree, of the ads we will be waiting at Target. Usually while my sister and I are waiting at Target, my mom and aunt are hit up Herbergers and get back at Target before they open, but we will have to figure out something else since they are both opening at the same time this year. Oh well, maybe an earlier opening time will equal a little less people out and about??! Probably not :D

I'll probably go to Target (and that's it), but not at 4 AM (I have to rely on my dad or mom to take me since I don't drive) and there's no way either one will drive me there that early. Last year I got a $25 iTunes gift card for $20 (hope they have a deal like that again) and spent enough for the morning for a free $10 gift card. I just wish there wasn't such chaos on Black Friday and that some deals were available online (i mean like the gift card deals or the special deals on iTunes cards). The earliest I'll be able to get to Target this year is MAYBE 6:30 AM. I would love to see good deals on DS games (and not fake sale prices... regular prices are NOT sale prices....) and they have to be GOOD games...like the cheap sounding games.

I'm really torn now that they've announced that there will be doorbusters. I had been hitting up Kohl's first every year and Target at the end of the day, but I might need to switch that up. I still don't know what I'm buying people, but it's looking like Target might be where it's at.

They want you to wait in line and shop at their store not their competitors. Every store wants you to pick, and they want you to pick them. Door Busters (many BF items) are not big money makers for the stores, they are hoping that while you are in their store shopping that you grab a couple things that are not on sale (moneymakers).

The only way that that ^happens is if I buy some gum or mints to consume while inline :) nothing else!

The stores do want you to pick and it can be a hard decision, especially when you don't have a "team" I don't have any close friends/relatives that take part in BF, so we can't take a store and depend on someone else to get us something elsewhere :( however-they don't dare ask us to pick something up for them or I give them the Little Red Hen story...

im going to be honest...I kinda hope walmart does better with there ad so I can go there.....ive never went to target for doorbusters on bf.....and would be afraid to start now...im not sure how it all works and would be afraid id lose a doorbuster trying to figure it out.....plus.....my walmart is open 24 hours and target isnt so it would be either standing in the cold versus lines inside a store......so ill keep my fingers crossed I guess

im going to be honest...I kinda hope walmart does better with there ad so I can go there.....ive never went to target for doorbusters on bf.....and would be afraid to start now...im not sure how it all works and would be afraid id lose a doorbuster trying to figure it out.....plus.....my walmart is open 24 hours and target isnt so it would be either standing in the cold versus lines inside a store......so ill keep my fingers crossed I guess

I go to Target every year and they are super organized. I really like the way everything works there. Good luck making your decision, but if you like Targets ad better do not worry too much. They even hand out maps!