Official Black Friday NETBOOK & TABLET Discussion Thread

Brad

I was checking out the bf netbooks and tablets. I need to know which one is the best value under 150.00 my kids are pre-teens and get on youtube and facebook alot. im a single mom so i really need my money to stretch but want the kids to be happy too..so please help me here. thank u!

Ok, in case you miss it I heard they will have the same one on sale at Target this weekend for $179.99 with a free neoprene sleeve. I hope this is true but I JUST heard that so we will see. Would really work out if you needed 2. Wonder if Target will have the pink one (for myself)? ;) I'm going to check the Target thread. :)

Downloading the Target ad now. :)

Yup it's true! I'm still going to try for the Walmart one first. ;)

Edited by Jen8112

Just got mine! They haven't even posted that they are available yet but I just checked the Crowdsaver and it said "Buy Now"...so I did! ;) What color did you get? They said it would be black, blue and red but I saw brown not black so I got the blue.

I got the blue as well. This is for my 10yo daughter or else I would have gone with black. I hope it's a good one and she likes it.

is the target one online or in stores or both? Thanks!

In stores only. I just got back from Target. I bought one and hoping to go back on Sunday and get the price adjustment. If not I will return it. I'm just a little nervous about the one from Walmart. I already had a Monster High doll order that got canceled, and I want my DHs option on the blue or the black for DS.

They had these last year for sale prior to Black Friday as well. My daughter and I bought them and the cases and went back to have them price adjusted on Sunday. Worked like a charm. We were VERY happy. I highly suggest going this route - you can always return if you run into a problem.

The Walmart eMachines is better because it is a full sized laptop. The Target netbook is easier to get because you can go buy one now and have it price adjusted on Sunday. The laptop at Walmart will be super hard to get because there will be 200 people there to get 25 laptops. ;)

The Walmart eMachines is better because it is a full sized laptop. The Target netbook is easier to get because you can go buy one now and have it price adjusted on Sunday. The laptop at Walmart will be super hard to get because there will be 200 people there to get 25 laptops. ;)

Would the netbook be ok for high school homework? Also, does anyone know if the Target Acer pre-BF netbook the same one as the Radio Shack BF Acer netbook?

Edited by reportermomof3

I'd get the netbook at Target, tomorrow if you can, then go back Sunday and get a price adjustment. I'd grab the $12.99 case for it too and get that price adjusted with the netbook. That's what I'm doing. If you get it you can always return the netbook, just don't open it. Then try to get the laptop at Walmart. You will have to be there well before midnight though, depending on where you live of course. If I was to try to get one around here I would probably go around 9 or 10pm. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Does anyone know how good Acer is....I mean is this a good netbook for the price because I dont want risk trying to get one at Best buy cuz I have never tried best buy n its always crazy from wat I hear. My friend had an acer laptop and then an acer netbook n the laptop wouldnt work with java n the netbook was just slow...so i was wondering if this Acer netbook will be better because hers was from a couple years ago so would this one be better...does anyone have this one that could tell me if it is good and fast with internet?...

Also, I was wondering if this acer netbook could handle microsoft word documents...I have a desktop to do all my major work but I want a netbook to do microsoft word documents up at college so would this be able to handle word?...any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

Im talking about the Acer Aspire One in target since the walmart is not available...i wanted blue but i was too late..thought i would get the compaq netbook at best buy but now i dont think i will...im not sure...lol

Does anyone know how good Acer is....I mean is this a good netbook for the price because I dont want risk trying to get one at Best buy cuz I have never tried best buy n its always crazy from wat I hear. My friend had an acer laptop and then an acer netbook n the laptop wouldnt work with java n the netbook was just slow...so i was wondering if this Acer netbook will be better because hers was from a couple years ago so would this one be better...does anyone have this one that could tell me if it is good and fast with internet?...

Also, I was wondering if this acer netbook could handle microsoft word documents...I have a desktop to do all my major work but I want a netbook to do microsoft word documents up at college so would this be able to handle word?...any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

Im talking about the Acer Aspire One in target since the walmart is not available...i wanted blue but i was too late..thought i would get the compaq netbook at best buy but now i dont think i will...im not sure...lol

I'd say the Acer one is at least as good as the Compaq at Best Buy. They have pretty much the same specs. Lets just say around here you pretty much have to miss Thanksgiving to get in line at Best Buy to get anything good. ;) The Acer netbooks from Walmart, Target and Radio Shack are the same. Yes you can do Work documents on the netbook. At least I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. Here is a list of the software that comes on the Acer from Target:

* Acer® Utilities

* Adobe® Acrobat® Reader

* Adobe® Flash® Player

* Android InstantOn

* eBay® shortcut

* eSobi

* Google Toolbar

* McAfee® Internet Security Suite (trial version)

* Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Has reduced-functionality

* Microsoft® Silverlight®

* MyWinLocker®

* Netflix® shortcut

* Norton Online Backup

* Customized Windows® Internet Explorer® 8.0

* Windows Live Essentials