Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

Brad

I received a text today from TRU here is what it said

"Kinect for Xbox 360 in on 11/04! FREE $50 Gift Card w/purchase of select games at 2Day Sale on 11/5 - 6! While Supplies last. See store for details"

I went into TRU this afternoon to get more info. They told me that you need to buy Kinect & 2 Kinect games to get the $50 card. If you buy the system Xbox 360 w/Kinect and 2 games you get a $20 gift card. (Of course that is what I am planning on getting so I only get a $20 gift card)

I guess I will wait until I actually see the ad for the weekend specials. They salespeople actually had to go in and look for the ad. I am hoping that Walmart may have a deal, since this weekend they are having one with the Playstation Move bundle, maybe the next week will be Xbox:D

BB is also having buy 2 Kinect games get a $10 card, buy 3 games get a $30 card.

My TRU ad show that if you buy 2 PS3 games or XBOX360 games you get a $50 gift card and if you buy one game you get a $20 card. Games have to be $59.99 or more though still I think this is a great deal.

I recommend the 250gb That is the one we got yesterday. If you get the smaller one and later on need more space it is $130 for a 250 hard drive. My DS had the 20gb and had to delete stuff since he ran out of room. There are a lot of things they save on the HD and 4gb is not that big

Kinda what I thought - thanks! Now to find the best deal.... :D

My TRU ad show that if you buy 2 PS3 games or XBOX360 games you get a $50 gift card and if you buy one game you get a $20 card. Games have to be $59.99 or more though still I think this is a great deal.

That is the current ad. The ad I posted for was for 11/5 - 11/6 their weekend sale. The gift card deal this week is good if you get the $59.99 games, the games I am interested in are $49.99 games the Kinect. Amazon is also matching the buy 1 get 1 50% off on the Kinect games. I just ordered 2 and will return the 3 I got at BB on Saturday. Wish I could find 1 more to get another B1G1 50%

Hmm. Maybe I'll just order the works from Amazon - console, games, etc. and not have to go anywhere or pay tax! Any word on the best games??

The bundle comes with Adventures. I bought Dance Central (Rave reviews) Fighters Uncaged (good reviews)and Your Shape (Rave reviews) I want to get Zumba also but that is not out yet. My kids are the following ages DS15, DD12. They each picked out a game and I picked the your shape and zumba. Kinectimals is also getting good reviews too. So far a lot of people have said that Sonic is not living up to the price tag (I wanted that one but after reading the reviews decided against it.

For non kinect games DS loves Halo Reach, and has asked for the following we have preordered Call of Duty Black Ops, Assassins Creed (the new one coming out) and Star Wars Unleashed (just came out) The guitar hero series is also fun and I see DJ Hero is new also I am sure they have it for Xbox360

My DS wants an xbox 360 for christmas. Everywhere I go, the 4GB one is $199. I have a $15 GC to Target that I am going to use for the xbox but I am wondering if I should buy it now or wait until BF. I almost hope Target doesn't put them on sale b/c then I won't get one since that is not one of the first places I go to. I was thinking if I waited until BF to get it then I would def. get those $10 GC that Target gives if you buy $100 worth of stuff. That would be the only reason why I would wait until BF to buy the thing. My question is pretty much should I wait and take the chance of everyone selling out and I don't end up with one or just go ahead and use my $15 GC that i have now and buy the thing. Edited by Jen08

I see the same thing. Do you or does anybody know which Xbox is a good one? I mean, my ds is going to be 13 and very much into video games. He lovesssssss to save his different games so memory is important. Do you know how much a 4GB would hold or a different one that would be better for him. What's the difference between the 4GB, the arcade, the pro and the elite? Any ideas which is the best one for what he needs to do with it and do you think that there will be better deals on BF? Thanks.

Yep that is the best deal I've seen so far for EPIC, Guess I will bite the bullet and go ahead and order it since its been saved to my cart for weeks. ....tax and shipping adds up and I also have PRIME

I guess I didn't even know you could preorder games at Target..hmmm...Thanks! We have a Target within 40mi so I'll have to remember that...

I got my Wii Remote charging station on Amazon for $20 and then got the Energizer one when we added 2 more remotes on Amazon for 15.99! So check there too :D (price flucuates)

Target has like this gc looking things near the games where you can pre-order games. My ds wanted college football 2011 but it doesn't come on wii so he had to settle for another game and he found the Epic Mickey for me.

Thanks for the heads up on the remotes on amazon, I guess I will have to stalk the site until I can find a decent deal.

I see the same thing. Do you or does anybody know which Xbox is a good one? I mean, my ds is going to be 13 and very much into video games. He lovesssssss to save his different games so memory is important. Do you know how much a 4GB would hold or a different one that would be better for him. What's the difference between the 4GB, the arcade, the pro and the elite? Any ideas which is the best one for what he needs to do with it and do you think that there will be better deals on BF? Thanks.

THe new Xbox 360 Slim no longer has "arcade", "pro" and "elite". There are 2 versions a 4gb hard drive or 250 hd. That being said you can get either with/without Kinect the new thing thats out for Xvbox that makes you the controller. It is $199 for the 4gb $299 for 4gb with Kinect $299 for the 250gb and $399 for the 250 with Kinect. Kinect itself goes for $149. Since the Kinect came out last Thursday there have been some specials when buying it or games. Right now Amazon has the Kinect games b1g1 50% off. We just picked up the 250gb with Kinect on Saturday and I have to tell you the Kinect is a lot of fun, I love the Wii but we played the Adventures game that came with the system and all of us was having a blast, I bought other games but they are for Xmas.

If the person getting the Xbox likes to save stuff for the games, then I highly recommend the 250gb HD (if you get a 4gb hd and want to upgrade its $130 unless you can trust someone on Ebay and find it there for less)With the 250gb you can save other stuff besides games and of course the Xbox also streams Netflix.

For the 360, I personally recommend going as high as you can on the HD. I have a 60gb, and even though I thought I'd never need to, I want a larger one. It isn't so much downloads from live, it is in the benefit of installing games-- by installing games to the HD, the system runs a LOT cooler and more quietly, and loading times in many games seem much improved.

Posted this in the other thread, but I do think the Kinect will be very hard to find; BINs on eBay seem way over retail. If you are set on getting one, try the Burger King giveaway maybe- https://bkkinect.bk.com/ since they are giving away one every fifteen minutes and you can get free codes to use from them, from what I read on a gaming forum I'm on.

I feel like I am not going to get any good deals on any of the things we need to buy this year. :-( As the kids get older, it surely gets harder. What we need gaming-wise is the new Udraw that comes out very soon for Wii and PS3 motion for two kids. It looks like setting two kids up with motion for PS3 is gonna cost a bunch. If anyone has seen any deals or sees any, please post.

Thanks!

Okay, so I am looking at a PS3 for my boy. Target has the one in their ad with the 160gb hard drive. Is that big enough for him, or should we look at getting something bigger?

Hey longtime lurker first time poster. I don't have a ps3 but do have a 360 and let me just say having more space is never a bad thing. As gaming devices keeping adding abilities such as downloading movies etc you are going to need the space. If your son is a pure gamer and will be only needing space for game saves and dlc the 160gb should be more than enough. It is all about what your son will be using the ps3 for.

I also have a question, so far all the deals this year on 360s have been for the 4gb slim models and as an owner of an old 20 gb model I was looking to upgrade to more storage, does anyone think we will see a deal for the 250 gb version? It would be amazing if it was like target's with the 50 dollar gift card.

For the 360, I personally recommend going as high as you can on the HD. I have a 60gb, and even though I thought I'd never need to, I want a larger one. It isn't so much downloads from live, it is in the benefit of installing games-- by installing games to the HD, the system runs a LOT cooler and more quietly, and loading times in many games seem much improved.

Posted this in the other thread, but I do think the Kinect will be very hard to find; BINs on eBay seem way over retail. If you are set on getting one, try the Burger King giveaway maybe- https://bkkinect.bk.com/ since they are giving away one every fifteen minutes and you can get free codes to use from them, from what I read on a gaming forum I'm on.

I don't. The firmware update back in the spring allowed for the use of Flash drives and external hard drives via the USB ports that are available on the console. Flash drives up to 16gb work fine, and I've heard of people using externals in excess of 1TB of space and having no problems. Its much less expensive to purchase an external hard drive than to throw cash at the internal memory unit.

I don't. The firmware update back in the spring allowed for the use of Flash drives and external hard drives via the USB ports that are available on the console. Flash drives up to 16gb work fine, and I've heard of people using externals in excess of 1TB of space and having no problems. Its much less expensive to purchase an external hard drive than to throw cash at the internal memory unit.

I would like to know how they did that because I tried hooking my current xbox up to my 500 gb external and they said I could only use 32 gb for my system.

What is everyone's opinion on the DS Lite this year? Do you think WM will have it on sale again? I haven't seen the lite in any of the flyers yet. And is there any chance you think it would be as low as $60. I'm trying to decide if I should just buy a used one from somebody and that's the price they want. Any suggestions will greatly be appreciated :gdthankyou:

What is everyone's opinion on the DS Lite this year? Do you think WM will have it on sale again? I haven't seen the lite in any of the flyers yet. And is there any chance you think it would be as low as $60. I'm trying to decide if I should just buy a used one from somebody and that's the price they want. Any suggestions will greatly be appreciated :gdthankyou:

I don't know how low they will be during the Christmas season but I believe the price of DS Lites will plummet when the 3DS comes out if you want to wait that long. Usually whenever the new tech comes out the older systems are lowered.

I don't know how low they will be during the Christmas season but I believe the price of DS Lites will plummet when the 3DS comes out if you want to wait that long. Usually whenever the new tech comes out the older systems are lowered.

THanks! I def have to have it as a xmas gift. I may have found one on Craigslist but am somewhat leery buying stuff like that on there just in case it ends up not working.

So I see the DSI deals we are seeing (Sears and TRU) are on the holiday colors. Which is fine. My DD HAS TO HAVE GREEN! Just like my DS HAD TO HAVE MARIO RED in an XL. So I guess since she HAS TO HAVE green she'll get a DSI and not a DSIXL. (just like last year she HAD TO HavE GREEN...so she got the DS cooking bundle LOL) My question is when can I get the holiday colors if I don't mind paying fullprice/not getting a deal? Do you think they will only be offered starting black friday or has anyone spotted them in stores? I don't have a TRU anywhere near me and the Sears I have is 38mi away and a small store that does not normally carry DS'

Anyone know when the next B2G1 or similar wii games deal will happen at either TRU or Target (or anywhere else, really)?

Toy'R'Us has very dismal selection of games in the leaked BF ad (2 wii games and it was buy 1 and the 2nd is $5). Also Target just had a buy 1 get 1 free deal and selection was goode but I don't know if it is still going on. If you don't mind buying used games Gamestop usually does a buy 2 get 1 free around this time of year.

I agree with this. Also, since a lot of people will probably be trading theirs in at that time, will probably be able to get used ones very cheap. And, as an aside, I think the 3DS will be the big and hard-to-get toy for 11's season, even if it comes out early in the spring. I'm definitely preordering myself. :D

What are the chances Amazon matches the Target price of 127? Last year they had the DSI bundle for the same price as Target about a week early, Nov. 23rd checked my Amazon account. Shipped out day after Thanksgiving. Crossing my fingers so I don't have to wait in line or find it early and then price adjust it down.