Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

Brad

There is a Red Wii bundle that is releasing in early November, it comes with Super Mario and a red dsi XL that comes with Mario Karts. The pricing in the emails is 199.99 for the Wii and 179.99 for the Dsi XL. I want one just for the colors......LOL

Just read a bunch of info on the release of Rock Band 3!!! Along with the updated drums, a new keyboards, 83 song list, 3-part harmonizer for singing and every kink from RB2 worked out, there's a "RB Pro Series" coming out in early November, which has a six-sting, Fender Strat Controller and a 4-string Bass controller that actually can be used as regular gear!! Sounds sweet if you're into music!

What is everyone's opinion of the UDraw tablet for WII that will be releasing Nov 16? Any opinions on the game Dood's Big Adventure that the tablet uses? Anyone think there will be good deals for this? Gamestop says when it releases it will be 69.99 for the tablet and then the game will be 29.99. I was hoping to find the tablet cheaper?

I'm hoping for a bundle deal on the kinect, as we don't have an Xbox yet. DH is a PS3 man, and the kids love thier Wii. I myself think the Kinect looks cool! Was talking to one of the guys in walmart, he said that BF would be the last day he would be waiting for one, he plans on having his set up by 11am on 11/4! lol. Looks like fun. Hoping it will solve the Just Dance "pause" button! someone always hits pause when they are really getting the beat!

Just read a bunch of info on the release of Rock Band 3!!! Along with the updated drums, a new keyboards, 83 song list, 3-part harmonizer for singing and every kink from RB2 worked out, there's a "RB Pro Series" coming out in early November, which has a six-sting, Fender Strat Controller and a 4-string Bass controller that actually can be used as regular gear!! Sounds sweet if you're into music!

Yeah, I've been watching for the "real" guitar controls for Rock Band for a while and there's rumor that you'll be able to use any 6-string electric at some point, which is what I'm really waiting for. No way we need yet another guitar in the house!

I'm actually trying to decide between a Wii or adding the Kinect to our Xbox 360. I'm slightly leaning in the Wii direction, because our son is 5 years old and because (if I understand correctly) you don't have to pay for Wii's online services. With the 360, I've got to buy Xbox Live gold every year to be able to run Netflix on it.

Yeah, I've been watching for the "real" guitar controls for Rock Band for a while and there's rumor that you'll be able to use any 6-string electric at some point, which is what I'm really waiting for. No way we need yet another guitar in the house!

I'm actually trying to decide between a Wii or adding the Kinect to our Xbox 360. I'm slightly leaning in the Wii direction, because our son is 5 years old and because (if I understand correctly) you don't have to pay for Wii's online services. With the 360, I've got to buy Xbox Live gold every year to be able to run Netflix on it.

I highly recommend the Wii for a 5 year old. There are so many games out especially for his age.

What about the wii deal at Sears this weekend? $199 for the wii bundle which includes wii sports, wii sports resort and wii motion plus. Is this a good deal? Or would y'all expect better on bf?

I believe that's exactly how the new systems will be bundled, anyway. I haven't looked into it too much, but take a look around and I think that's what you'll find.

What about the wii deal at Sears this weekend? $199 for the wii bundle which includes wii sports, wii sports resort and wii motion plus. Is this a good deal? Or would y'all expect better on bf?

I don't know about BF deals, but $199 is the regular price at every store for that bundle.

I was just looking at walmart.com and the wii bundle is $188 and if you want to add the wii motion plus for an additional $49.99. So it is cheaper in that you don't have to pay $50 for the wii motion plus. But is the motion plus something you need/want?

Then at Aldi's they have a wii bundle with wii sports, wii sports resort, wii game party 2, an additional wireless remote and a 6 in 1 sports kit for $250.

Ah - Target has the wii console, remote with motionplus nunchuck, sports and sports resort. for $199.

Or - wii red console with wii sports and super mario bros, remote and nunchuk for $199.

Edited by delphernina

Johnny what other colors do you have there in the Wii and Dsi?

Sorry for the late reply. For DS I have seen red, green, yellow, faux wood paneling, pink, lime green, metallic blue, a few more I can not recall.. No they have some special Super Mario one that is red and has mario on it.

Wii I have seen white, black, red and ummm I forgot as I am not into the Wii at all.

Does anyone have any idea when Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars will be released for the Wii? It says on Amazon it will be out on Oct. 1st, 2010 (which has clearly long passed, LOL) and it is available for pre-order only. :confused:

No one else has it, but I can't find a new release date for it.

Would love to get it as a Christmas present....

http://www.starwars.com/games/videogames/news20100209lego/lego_cw_bg.jpg

Does anyone have any idea when Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars will be released for the Wii? It says on Amazon it will be out on Oct. 1st, 2010 (which has clearly long passed, LOL) and it is available for pre-order only. :confused:

No one else has it, but I can't find a new release date for it.

Would love to get it as a Christmas present....

http://www.starwars.com/games/videogames/news20100209lego/lego_cw_bg.jpg

Sorry! Not to be released until January 11, 2011. :mad: I was hoping for that one too.

Just wanted to pop on here and say that we bought Kirby epic yarn for the wii this week as part of the buy 2 get 1 sale at Target. Excellent game for a family if you have young children. My five year old is able to do a large majority of it by himself. We play as two player and I just have to be patient, tell him what to do occasionally, but he actually does it himself. Very cute, fun game. I even played it by myself just because it was kind of addictive. :)

My DS is wanting the xbox 360 this year and I am going to get it for him, but the cheapest one I could find was for $199. It only has 4GB, but he's only 8 so he doesn't need the 250GB one. I have been looking online to see if anyone has them onsale and haven't had much luck. Has anyone seen these less than $200?

*Iam sure this thread has been started about game systems but I have looked at past threads and didn't see one, so I'm guessing I am missing it.

Hey, someone who has been playing games there entire life here, granted its only 19 years but thats besides the point. The big things to get this year will be the kinect for x box 360 which come Christmas time is going to be downright impossible to get a hold of, and the Razer Orza xbox 360 controller if it is released before Christmas so pick them up ASAP if your looking to have them under the Christmas tree this year GL and have fun.