Are any new stores doing layway for the holidays?

Jen08

I know Toys R Us, Sears and Kmart does layway but is there anyone else doing layway this year that doesn't do it normally throughout the year? I'm sure kmart, sears, etc do them throughout the year but I don't use layway any but at christmas. I wish sooooo much Walmart would bring it back. Anyone heard if they were going to bring it back this year?

I know that my local Kmart does layaway by your home computer. You can purchase the items online and place them on layaway. At the checkout you just make your layaway payment and choose the store location to put it on layaway and they give you the rest of your payment schedules. I already have used it to get the new Xbox 360 250GB and it worked great. I just logged into my account and made the payments and for the final one I went and picked it up.

I know that my local Kmart does layaway by your home computer. You can purchase the items online and place them on layaway. At the checkout you just make your layaway payment and choose the store location to put it on layaway and they give you the rest of your payment schedules. I already have used it to get the new Xbox 360 250GB and it worked great. I just logged into my account and made the payments and for the final one I went and picked it up.

That's very convenient!

I hadn't heard you could do it that way.

I always hated having to go to a store each week to make the payment.

Seems like I always bought something when I went in :tongue1:

i hate Walmart not havign one. I could do 90% of my shopping there putting everything on layaway at one time then make my payments and be done with the majority of it. Toys R Us is very specific what u can and cant put on layaway. And from what i seen there is a $10.00 service fee?? K-mart doesnt have a very big selection so that isnt good for me. I need a layaway like Walmart,..

I got an email today that layaway is now available at Toys R Us and Babies R Us

here is their terms -

Layaway (Offered In Stores Only)

Our Layaway (offered in stores only) program offers customers the opportunity to make small payments over an extended period on eligible items.

Choose from these eligible items:

* Pools & Water Slides

Large Pools, Continuous Water Slides

* Outdoor Play Equipment & Playsets

Metal Gym Sets, Wood Gym Sets, Trampolines, Houses, Teeters, Climbers

* Preschool Ride-ons*

Cozy Coupes, Horses, Metal Tricycles,Wagons

* Bikes

* Battery-Powered Vehicles

* Indoor Table Games

Air Hockey, Foosball, Table Tennis

* Baby Gear*

Strollers, Car Seats, Travel Systems

* Infant & Toddler Furniture

* Dollhouses*

* Kitchens*

* Basketball Systems*

* Musical Instruments*

Keyboards, Drum Sets

* Video Game Hardware Systems

*Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.

Terms and Conditions

The Layaway program is available only at Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us stores.

A deposit of at least 20% of the total price of your order plus all applicable taxes, a $10 service fee and shipping charges are due when the merchandise is put into layaway. You may make additional payments at any time, but 50% of the total price of your order must be paid within 45 days and the total price of your order must be paid within three (3) months or ninety (90) days or by the "Holiday Cutoff" whichever is sooner. In Maryland, the service fee is limited to $1 for goods $500 or less and $5 for goods over $500.

* Your contract will be automatically cancelled and ordered merchandise will be returned to stock if you have not made payment of 50% of the total price of your order within 45 days or your balance is not paid in full within three (3) months or ninety(90) days. In Maryland, you have 15 days after the payment deadlines to make the required payment and avoid cancellation.

* You may pay by cash, check, credit card, debit card or gift card. Credit cards will be accepted by phoning the store where the layaway order was initiated.

* You may not make changes to this layaway order. If you no longer desire the specified merchandise, you must cancel your order. In Rhode Island and Ohio, you may cancel your order within 14 days without any cancellation fee and re-order any items at that time. In Maryland, there is no cancellation fee for orders cancelled within 7 days of the order. Also in Maryland, if the price of the item you order is reduced within 10 days of your order, you are entitled to a credit for the difference in price.

* Special order and clearance items are not eligible for layaway.

* You may pay the full balance on your layaway order at any time. Please note that many items are held at off-site locations and therefore may not be available immediately.

* Merchandise will be made available within fourteen (14) days of final payment.

* A picture ID is required for all new layaway contracts, pickups, and refunds. Layaway contracts are nontransferable.

* You may request a written record of your payments at any time. You will receive a receipt for each payment made towards the balance due.

Cancellation Policy

* You may cancel your layaway order at any time by notifying the store where you made your order. You must cancel your order in person or in writing.

* Your order will be automatically cancelled and ordered merchandise returned to stock if you have not made payment of 50% of the total price of your order within 45 days or your balance is not paid in full within three (3) months or ninety (90) days, or by the "Holiday Cutoff" whichever is sooner, or you do not pick up your merchandise within seven (7) days after it is made available. A full refund less the cancellation fee will be refunded to you in person at the store where you placed your original layaway order. In Maryland, you have 15 days after the payment deadlines to make the required payment and avoid cancellation.

* In the event of a cancellation before the end of three (3) months or ninety (90) days, you must request a refund in person at the store where you placed your original layaway order. You are eligible for a full refund less the cancellation fee.

* The cancellation fee on all layaway contracts is $5. In Alabama, the cancellation fee cannot exceed $25. In Maryland and Rhode Island, the cancellation fee cannot exceed 10%. In Ohio, the cancellation fee cannot exceed 10% and cannot exceed $25. In Rhode Island and Ohio there is no cancellation fee for orders cancelled within 14 days of the order. In Maryland, there is no cancellation or service fee for orders cancelled within 7 days of the order.

* If, when you make your final payment, we are unable to provide you with the merchandise specified in this layaway contract, you will receive a full refund of your deposit and all subsequent payments made under this contract except as provided by law.