Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Amazon Toy Discussion Thread

160 replies to this topic

#151 mom2monkiesx3  OFFLINE  

mom2monkiesx3

D Y K Drill Baby drill?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,595 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 17, 2010 - 10:28 am

did anyone get the Toy Story Mega Rig Train? I got this for two of the 5yr old boys on my list and had them shipped directly to them and haven't been able to find them in stores to scope them out.....any info? These boys LOVE trains (Thomas, geotrack,ect) and it was something that I knew probally wouldn't be a repeat (can't hardly buy Thomas things because they already have them!) Only 1 commment and its good but was looking for some other info

:gdhug2:

I can always be used as a "bad example" :P
If you are easily offended please turn that way and cover your ears

#152 suddenly_1976  OFFLINE  

suddenly_1976

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 17, 2010 - 4:03 pm

just received Belle and I'm impressed she's prettier than I expected, the pic doesn't do her justice. Of course I can't speak on quality yet and I only did a quick peek but I'm happy with her. http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_sim_t_1
Posted Image

Edited by suddenly_1976, Dec 19, 2010 - 6:39 am.
resizing

#153 rjncmj  OFFLINE  

rjncmj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 18, 2010 - 12:05 am

The last few years I have most of DD's birthday presents during the Amazon sale, but I have not bought anything this year. I have not seen any items that I thought she would enjoy.

Same here. I usually pick up b-day presents for my kids and for parties they are invited to throughout the year. But this year,nothing! I'm very disappointed.

Joanne - Registered Nurse & mom of 4.

:juggle: :gdsleep:  :gdlaugh: :gdgirlfight3ol:

#154 tsa  OFFLINE  

tsa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 19, 2010 - 6:37 pm

Totally disappointed in this year's sales. I don't think I got my $ out of my prime membership this season. Will have to evaluate if I am going to sign up again. I have to say Target and Penny's got more of my business than ever. Never thought that would happen. BUMMER:(

#155 mom2kyleegrace  OFFLINE  

mom2kyleegrace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 19, 2010 - 8:58 pm

Same here. I usually pick up b-day presents for my kids and for parties they are invited to throughout the year. But this year,nothing! I'm very disappointed.

Me too! I keep hoping something will go on sale at the last minute, but it's almost TOO late! :(

Karen

:rwb:

#156 rjncmj  OFFLINE  

rjncmj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 19, 2010 - 11:38 pm

Totally disappointed in this year's sales. I don't think I got my $ out of my prime membership this season. Will have to evaluate if I am going to sign up again. I have to say Target and Penny's got more of my business than ever. Never thought that would happen. BUMMER:(

I think Walmart may end up getting most of my gift giving budget for the year. I was walking through the row after row of toys they have set up in the lawn and garden area, there is still a ton of toys left. I asked an employee if he thought they would have a lot left to clearance in January and he said he thought they would.

#157 savvybuys  OFFLINE  

savvybuys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 20, 2010 - 8:52 am

It seems most of the good prices on Amazon this year were for the pre-school age. I hardly purchased anything as my girls are 6 and 9. Looking at the things I purchased...All but 1 were board games. How sad...The last couple of years I was able to complete just about everything on my list from Amazon. This year everything was purchased at Walmart and a few at Target. Hopefully after Christmas things will be marked down for B-day presents.

#158 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,735 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2010 - 8:48 pm

Oh wow. I placed an order today at 4 pm or so, not for a Christmas gift, but for a bday gift (Jan 7). In TWO hours, it had already shipped!!! Now to hold on to it and not give it to her for Christmas! lol It will be too tempting!

#159 DanelleR  OFFLINE  

DanelleR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 22, 2010 - 7:41 am

Thank You for posting that NoehlP! I have been debating if I order something today if it will come to me Friday....I might take the plunge, I do have Prime so it may be worth a shot:rolleyes:

#160 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,735 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 26, 2010 - 1:46 pm

Well, fwiw - the Zhu Zhu pets DO IN FACT work well with the Furreal Frenzies playsets - just as good (I think better) as the actual Furreal Frenzies. My dd9 had 6 of her Zhu's Zhu's and the Furreal Frenzie going on it - pure chaos and pure fun! They kept running into each other. Also, she said the playset was her favorite gift! :D

#161 rjncmj  OFFLINE  

rjncmj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 27, 2010 - 12:40 am

Well, fwiw - the Zhu Zhu pets DO IN FACT work well with the Furreal Frenzies playsets - just as good (I think better) as the actual Furreal Frenzies. My dd9 had 6 of her Zhu's Zhu's and the Furreal Frenzie going on it - pure chaos and pure fun! They kept running into each other. Also, she said the playset was her favorite gift! :D

Awesome! My daughter is getting her set for her b-day in 2 weeks. I talked her into getting rid of all her ZZ playsets but she won't part with the actual ZZ's. Glad to hear she'll still have fun with them.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users