Do kids' bikes go on sale every Black Friday?

reportermomof3

Except that hiding them can be a problem, there was an article that said September was the best month to get a deal on a bike. Summer's ending, kids are back in school, etc. Thinking of looking for a 26 in for my 17 year old, the one he got 2 years ago isn't holding up that well and he wants a beach cruiser, and I want him to quit stealing mine...LOL

• 1 month later...

I agree with Mike. The bike stores around Dallas always have sales and they will work with you on layaway and payments. You are better off then the junk at walmart or target.

Welcome to the community Mike!

Forget that Walmart junk, go to a real bike store, most have layaway and the one I used even held it till Christmas eve.

Mike

Walmart runs the 20" and 26", nothing in between.

When you get those, they are junk- totally agree with the previous posters. However, if you just want something for rec use, try looking now. Last Christmas, we bought the bf ones. The seats are hard, the grips are solid plastic, etc. Just to do basic upgrades to keep from getting blisters on a 10 minute ride cost as much as buying one off the rack. In the summer, a decent one will cost $80 (decent for walmart bikes), in the winter, around $120.

Personally, I don't mind buying the junk at WM. My kids are 3 (4 next month) and 2, and my 3 year old has outgrown the first junky bike from WM, before it's junked out. He's riding with no training wheels and he's rough on them. I'd rather spend less on something that's going to be outgrown in 2 years tops anyways. I could see buying better bikes for olders kids who don't have much growing left...but not for my little ones. lol.