Favorite Black Friday Store last year??

Elmck

My favorite had to be Target last year. I found lots of items on the wish list and the cashier let me divide up my purchases to get as many $10 gift cards as I could. We would do one transaction and the I would use the gift card on the next transaction. It was great!!! Lines were handled well too. The free drink coupons worked well that day too. :D

This is a hard one for me because I always love the deals I get at the outlet clothes stores. I can always find SO much for great prices. However, last year I would have to say it was Kmart. I had never shopped there b4 on bf and I barely shop there at all on any regular basis but their ad just happened to have a ton of things that were on my kids list. we got there about 30 mins b4 it opened after we hit the outlets n we were probably the 30-40th in line. It was SO organized and I got everything I wanted...I hope they have a good ad this year..so I can go there n still make my hubby brave target like I always do =)

Amazon's bluray sale got a lot of gifts taken care of. B&M last year would have been KMart too. I got some nice jewelry sets for parents and little brother plus some tools and mp3/4 video players. They gave me a model up since the ones in ad never came in and I stood at electronics waiting a while and speaking to two different managers. Not quick of efficient but got the job done and wasn't in too much of a rush last year. Ooh I also got myself and mother some nice leather jackets there too.

Mine was Walmart and TRU. Since all we have nearby is a Walmart, we always go there first. Then we head an hour and half away to do some more shopping. So usually by the time we get to Target or Kmart most of the big stuff is gone.

At Walmart I was able to get several things on my daughter's list as well as TRU. At TRU I was able to get the Playskool Rose Petal Cottage, sink, and washer at 75% off. So, that was her "big" present.

Mine has to be Wal-mart. Hubby and I go about 2 hrs before opening and start pulling stuff from other ads that they will match. Then when it is time for Blitz we can be in place for the items we need from them. Then Checkout is a breeze as long as I have all my ads. But I will say the lines are horrible at my Wal-mart. We waited longer in line last year than it took us to grab our blitz stuff.

Mine has to be Wal-mart. Hubby and I go about 2 hrs before opening and start pulling stuff from other ads that they will match. Then when it is time for Blitz we can be in place for the items we need from them. Then Checkout is a breeze as long as I have all my ads. But I will say the lines are horrible at my Wal-mart. We waited longer in line last year than it took us to grab our blitz stuff.

Our line is always long too since that is all we have in our small town. The bad thing is that we can't even price match because the nearest target is about 45 minutes away (40 miles) and the nearest Kmart is over 50 miles away and the nearest TRU is about an hour and half. So we can only get what they have on sale.

Home Depot. I didn't plan on going out at all, but I woke up early and decided to swing by Staples for the 1t disks. I figured I'd stick my head in Walmart at the same time and cut through Home Depot since it was raining. They had 5500 watt generators for $499 and transfer switches for $299 and accepted my Lowes mover. For just over $700, I have heat and hot showers plus cold food and a full kitchen with we lost our power. This was my best stop last year.

I would say Target!! I got there about 2'ish was about 50th in line (line was short in my eyes). They handed out coupons for certain items and started in the front of the line and went back. The security guard went over the rules (LOL), it was cute... she wanted everyone to enjoy themselves. I buddied up with a girl behind me who drug her neice out (I was alone). I got everything I wanted... everything even the $3 coffee maker and sandwich maker. My cart was about 5 feet high, no one was rude and people were considerate. The guy who checked me out let me break up my purchaes for the $10 girft card as well. Went home and unloaded (very close) and came back for the secured purchases with the coupons. I heard the Walmart near us was a disaster. Friends from work were there at midnight for those computers! We tagged teamed and pick up stuff for each other.

I hope Target has a good ad, I want the Target experience again!

I have always gone to walmart first...it's 5 minutes away....and there's a Kohls 2 minutes from walmart and a Meijer across the street....and many of the other big stores.

but I want to try the Target for the experience....sounds great! Problem is it's 15-20 minutes away from everything else....so yikes.

I HATE Kohls. The lines are horrible. And Walmart just isn't fun....but I love that they price match.

My best "experience" with a store last year probably is a tie between Herbergers (Younkers) and Walmart. Herbergers opened at 4am, but the opened early and we actually checked out before they were supposed to open. That helped a ton. Walmart was nice enough to allow me to purchase $2 dvds and cheap video games at midnight on friday as they were part of the 2 day say and not the 5am sale. So we didnt have to wait until 5am to buy them. That saved a HUGE headache!

I have to say Walmart, too. I have 2 Walmarts close by, which aren't 24 hours, but they were just for BF last years because of what happened to that poor man :( & I ended getting everything I needed & more since they PM. When 5am came, I checked out and was out of line by 540, waiting on the rest of my shopping party. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be and I hope they offer it again.

I, too, would like to try Target for the experience and because they have good deals, but as of right now, we only have one. 2 more are supposed o be opening (one next month), so I'll just have to wait and see.

Mine was Kohls.com last year. I got 6 pieces of small appliance (regular price $30-$50 each) for free after discounts, coupons, rebates, credit card rewards, and cash back. Paid around $100 and got every single dollar back. Even shipping was free and the sales tax was covered. Indeed, I made a few bucks. Their website was down when the sales started but resumed just before I left home for shopping at 4:30am. :cool:

Target was my favorite last year, they were great about keeping people from cutting the line...I was number 6 in line along with one of my daughters, they came out and was asking what people were looking for and letting them know where they could find it. They had lots of friendly smiling employees who greeted you as you came thru the door...and they were all to happy to help you if you ask where to find something, even had one ask me what sizes for the sheets and the colors and she picked them up and put them in my cart....even though the lines were long at checkout it went by quickly and like others they were great about breaking up the order and snagging an extra 10 gift card or two...Hoping that they have another great ad as that is where I will waiting.

Target

I felt that Targt had taken the last few BF's off, so when the ad was finally posted my wife and I were shocked at how good the sales were.

My wife physically went to Target and was in and out in a reasonable amount of time. I pursued some online items that allowed her to focus on a few door busters.

Only negative was that they ran out of the GPS I ordered and replaced it with an almost identical model that did not have the mexican maps. No a biggie.

Hope they do it again this year.

FX

Old Navy and Walmart for us. We didn't really need anything last year we just go out because well who wants to stay home on Black Friday. TRU was the worst I had ever seen it, the line was horrible, the store was unorganized and I swear they had 2 of everything. I was in and out of Old Navy with my free Lego Rock band in about 30 minutes. Walmart was about the same especially since one of our walmarts opened at 12am and its in beach area and no one goes there in the Winter so we were pretty much alone in the store.

Michael's, which is a craft store chain if you don't have it where you are. They generally have really good deals on Cricut items, which otherwise don't go on sale that often. I also like that, while they have good deals, they are NEVER jam packed, and I've actually been the first in line there before just by going an hour early. They also generally have opened for a few hours on Thanksgiving day in the evening, say starting at 5pm or 6pm, and I love getting some of the shopping out of the way then. Now, to be honest, most of the stuff I get there is for me, and not for presents, but we shoppers deserve treats too eh?

The other place I've had decent luck on Black Friday is 5 Below, which if you don't have it, is a place where everything is $5 or less. I have many nieces and nephews (I think, 9 now?) and this is a GREAT place to get them all a little present without breaking the bank. Usually they'll have some extra good things on BF, such as LEGO sets, and Board games that you might normally spend $20 on, AND they always have a nice selection of calendars for the adults (crossword a day, Dilbert a day, things like that). This is also a place that doesn't usually have a huge pushy crowd waiting for the store to open, and they normally don't open until 8am or so, so you can sleep in a bit. :)

I guess as I get older, and now I'll be pregnant during BF this year, I'd prefer not to push through the teeming hordes at the more popular stores like Target and Walmart and Best Buy, and honestly, a lot of the things they have, I can get online as well, often at midnight. So I hit the less popular stores, where I have a better chance of getting what I want quickly and getting out of there. My goal is to be home by 10am before the stores become absolute chaos, and I usually do make it home by then. :)

Hard to choose! My favorites were The Disney Store and Walmart. The disney store had killer deals so I stocked up for birthdays for this year too. I'll do the same this year if they are good. I got Wii Games at Walmart but I think this year I will help my cousin with toys and then just order the Wii games online. I'm getting excited!! :cheesy:

toys r us for me.. i loved that they opened at midnight, i was in line at 8 Thursday night and was out of there by 1 am with absolutely everything i wanted and more.. i loved not having to choose between walmart and toys r us.. i went straight to walmart for the 199 dollar laptop after tru.. walmart had great deals but mine did a poor job implementing their new black friday strategy.. none of the employees knew where anything was and several times members of our party were told to stand in line for a certain product in a certain place and it was incorrect.. it was only by the grace of being there early we were able to recover and get to the right line..

I can't even remember what I bought last BF! I have a vague memory of battling huge crowds at Walmart and then standing in a rediculously long line back in the hunting section, but no idea what I bought.... I don't even remember what town I was in on BF! Geesh! I need to go look at last year's ads; maybe that will refresh my memory! Wait a second... I know I bought booster seats at Kmart- BOGO, ok, at least now I remember what town I was in!

Last year it was Macy's of all stores! I'm not a big Macy's shopper in general, I'm more of a Target girl. But last year I needed a big, rolling suitcase and wanted a good price. I searched everywhere and they were all smaller than I wanted and more than I wanted to pay. So my final stop on BF before the Door Buster hours were over was Macy's. I was only going there for the super cute slippers they had but decided to look at their luggage while I was there. So glad I did! I got a designer 29" rolling suitcase that was marked over $400 for $100! It was already on sale and they gave me the additional % off even though I didn't think they would. So score!