Predictions for this year?

felixdacat

Cool...the Black Friday season has begun again.

I am a veteran of at least 10 of these things, and can honestly say that this is my wife's favorite day of the year.

So, I would like to start a thread on what kind of things we will see this BF (not a wish list but a possibilities list).

To get things started...

I think we will see an external 1TB hard drive for under $50. Over recent months we have seen the price drop into the $50's, so thats a logical next step.

Howabout a 22" LCD computer monitor for $100-$120 (prices have remained steady around $140-150 for the inexpensive monitors).

Other areas that this thread could take are...

What will be the killer HDTV deal.

Will GPS prices stay flat compared to last BF or go down.

A Netbook under $200?

After basically sitting out the last 4-5 BF's, last year Target was a major player (actually having some of the best deals around). Will that continue this year?

There were some strong sales 1-2 weeks before BF in 09. Will that hold true again, or could the deals get even better in early November.

I was able to get 100% of my list online last year with the only negatives being waiting for the items to ship and Target having to switch out an item. Will retailers continue to offer the same BF deals online.

Will there be better cooperation between retailers and BF websites or will it continue to to be hostile.

OK, take this thread where you want to...lets have some fun.

FX

I think it's the year of the e-book reader. Hoping to see something in the $99 range, either straight out or by GWP type thing. B&N has already had their Nook down to around $130 when you factor in a free GC, and Amazon has reduced the Kindle prices so I'm optomistic.

For those lookin' for a sub-$100 netbook, this just might be your BF. With some good netbooks droppin' in price down to as low as $200 this year I'm willin' to bet my GD t-shirt we'll see one of the first ever $99.95 netbooks. It'll probably be somethin' like $150 with a $50 mail-in rebate or some detail. Then there are those Windows CE mini netbooks (pocket organizers I affectionately call 'em) out there for $100 now, so we might see one store (Best Buy?) drop a lil' lower and become one of the cheapest computers to own. A possibility we might even see a <$100 price on a desktop as well since the previous years have came close. Prices on laptops I'll bet will stay the same as they usually are on BF (about $200-300 for the doorbuster) only slightly better specs than the previous years.

I believe that we will see a drop on HDTVs. I am hoping to find one for around 150.00. Since last BF some stores had I believe the 32" for around 250 this may be a possibility. I also believe that laptops will hold steady with other Black Fridays, but it is possible that there may be a basic lower specs laptop for 150.00. I also think that you will see a good deal on video game systems again. Deals like the xbox 360 at walmart last year. It was 199 i believe w/a 100 gift card. This may have been one of the presales, not sure.

I think that it will be harder to get what you want online this year. I think that the retailers will offer the same or better deal than in stores, but since buying online is becoming so popular I think it will be hard to get some of the better deals.

I really dont think we will see alot of electronic deals this year. Reason being is that they are already at a low price and there is no competition out there for Best Buy. It seems like Best Buy last year did not try as hard. I think you will see alot of practical items like kitchen needs, clothing and stuff for the home.

I'm going to say that there "should be" some good deals on Blu-Ray players this year.

I have seen some good players going for around $100 bucks and I'm sure you have seen the deals on the Blu-Ray movies at BB.

There should be some good hard drive deals this year too.

I don't know if you will find a "good" net book for $100 bucks but I'm sure there will be more deals on them.

Last year Walmart had some Saturday sales, and those items were priced cheaper at the sales than on black friday. We got a new 47 inch (I think?) lcd tv for a better price than it was on BF. Same model and everything. I am looking forward to those Saturday sales again!

Me too. I hope to actually have the money to get one this year when they put them on sale. I hope they do the secret Saturday sales again. My boys want an Xbox 360 this year so I am hoping to find a good deal on one of those also.

I really dont think we will see alot of electronic deals this year. Reason being is that they are already at a low price and there is no competition out there for Best Buy. It seems like Best Buy last year did not try as hard. I think you will see alot of practical items like kitchen needs, clothing and stuff for the home.

Have to disagree with that. Just this year we got an HHgreg, CompUSA and 6th Avenue. So here in Delaware Best Buy has a lot of competition.

I..... I also think that you will see a good deal on video game systems again. Deals like the xbox 360 at walmart last year. It was 199 i believe w/a 100 gift card. This may have been one of the presales, not sure.....

Agreed. With Sony already looking at the PS4 and MS prototyping the xbox 720 for release late next year, I'd expect a lot of great deals on game systems and games. Also, the new xbox kinect and PS3 move will either be packaged with systems or help drive down the cost of systems to get the new products out the door before replaced with next generation hardware and games.

And it was a pre-BF sale at WM last year for an Arcade with $100 GC forr $199. Great Deal.