Who's thinking about Black Friday 2010 already?

ChristmasShopping

I have $120 in Target GC stockpiled already (mypoints). I got those because I figured if they didn't have what I wanted I could just use them for groceries and take grocery money to shop elsewhere. Also have about $75 in Amazon GC from surveys saved up so far, but may need to use some for back to school - dd needs a basket for her bicycle.

I have $120 in Target GC stockpiled already (mypoints). I got those because I figured if they didn't have what I wanted I could just use them for groceries and take grocery money to shop elsewhere. Also have about $75 in Amazon GC from surveys saved up so far, but may need to use some for back to school - dd needs a basket for her bicycle.

What is mypoints?

e-rewards also offered target and macy's gift cards as of a month or so ago but had never noticed before. I always stick to credit cards but free gift cards may get use this year too :) I hate carrying cash and can't imagine doing it on BF of all days. Here's hoping we all get what we want this year. I need to spec a laptop, wireless access point and new home theatre and then hope they're put on sale.

I've been thinking about Black Friday for a while. For me it is the start of the Christmas season. The Holiday goes by too quickly and I want to enjoy it as much as possible. I have a few gifts bought and wrapped already. Also been watching a few movies. I bought a Lenox Cristmas Tree from QVC during Christmas in July. It is beautiful. I decided to keep it in my curio cabinet year round. Love it! Black Friday is 110 days from today :)

I've been thinking about Black Friday for a while. For me it is the start of the Christmas season. The Holiday goes by too quickly and I want to enjoy it as much as possible. I have a few gifts bought and wrapped already. Also been watching a few movies. I bought a Lenox Cristmas Tree from QVC during Christmas in July. It is beautiful. I decided to keep it in my curio cabinet year round. Love it! Black Friday is 110 days from today :)

Whoo Hoo-110 days! Thank you for that...I don't like to wish my life away but soooo looking forward to cold weather and Christmas!

I totally understand about enjoying each and every day of that blessed season. I start listening to Christmas music on November 1st and am not ashamed to say it!

I watched some of QVC's Christmas in July (just saw the toys) to get in the spirit :)

Enjoy your tree! If it brings you joy,why not?

I sure am! Probably should talk to DH about a plan for paying for my holiday, hehe... :D

And speaking of my DH, I hope the Harbor Freight ad will come out quickly. Since last BF DH has discovered what a "wonderful" place it is (I am SO tired of going there!) so if he sees the ad he may be more generous with my spending budget!

I put away giftcards that I earn for purchases and have returns put on a giftcard, I already have $50 to TRU, $10 to Target and about $50 to Menards, I also have about $20 in Old Navy Rewards. I definitely need to get more for Target and I though about buying a giftcard for BF when I was there the other day.

I sure am! Probably should talk to DH about a plan for paying for my holiday, hehe... :D

And speaking of my DH, I hope the Harbor Freight ad will come out quickly. Since last BF DH has discovered what a "wonderful" place it is (I am SO tired of going there!) so if he sees the ad he may be more generous with my spending budget!

IIRC,Harbor Freight is one of the first ones to be released,so your DH should get his fix earlier than the rest of us!

Most of the time,I don't know what I'm going to buy until I see the ads...think they plan it that way?

;)

I can't wait for Black Friday. Me and friend were talking about that the other day. I have been thinking about Black Friday for around two months but seriously planning for the past couple of weeks. I already have a few things that I have picked up on clearance. I bought my niece a pair of Levi jeans at Kohls for 5.00 and my mother in law some lotion and body spray for 75 cents each from Victoria Secret. My daughters bday is in October and I've been getting things for her, but I only need one more thing and I'll be finished and then can really start saving for Black Friday.

My boys are wanting XBox 360 and a hunting and fishing game for their Wii. They are also wanting a new TV and I'm hoping they have a great deal on one Black Friday. We are also going around the end of September to get the boys some hunting clothes and supplies. They will get it in time for hunting season as an early Christmas because they have outgrows all of their clothes. Then we are getting them a new tackle box and fill it full of fishing supplies. As for my daughter most of her stuff will be bought Black Friday. I got her one of the Rose petal cottages for around 25.00 last year BF and a sink and washer for it for around 9.00. So I am hoping to find some more good deals like that.

I had actually mentioned to my husband the other day that I need to buy gift cards to save for BF. I thought I was crazy for thinking that. The only thing I worry about is having too much on one and not using it BF and then seeing something somewhere else. I will have to make sure I take some cash to cover me in case that happens. How much do you usually put on each gift card. We live in a small town and all we have is a Walmart, Fred's, Family Dollar and Dollar General. We usually hit Walmart first and then drive an 1 1/2 hours away to do the rest of our shopping. So by the time we get to the other stores, they are usually sold out of the really great deals.

When I mentioned this forum was open, my husband asked if the first ad was out yet - Ace Hardware!

I'm looking forward to it, I need a new monitor (if I don't give in beforehand). Sadly I'm job hunting and might start a new job in November and have to work Black Friday!!!

I haven't stopped thinking about BF since LAST BF! Did get a lot of shopping done last weekend during tax free weekend in MA....and I've been purchasing gifts all through the year, a little here, a little there...I like the gift card ideas mentioned here...I might try that!

My son is 9 and keeps asking for Kung Zhu Pets. I have told him so many times that he is too old for something like this. I am leaning towards games for his game system and whatever else he might be into by Christmas. He is at a hard age. Too little for somethings and too big for others.

Really? 9 is too old? I just bought my very conservative straightlaced husband a Kung Zhu Pet for his 30th birthday. lol If my 9 year old wanted one I'd probably get him one. They're really an inexpensive toy.