What are the HOT toys for this year?

ChristmasShopping

My kids saw those Sing-a-ma-jigs at Toys R Us the other day and thought they were "stupid". This was coming from my 9 YO, 6 YO, and 3YO. So we will not be buying those.

I am not sure what will be hot this year. Wish we did know so we could get it before they are so hard to find as the kids always seem to want the hot toys.

I may want an Ipad for myself. Still deciding.

This sounds pretty cool for younger kids:

And for preschoolers who've been longing for an e-reader just like the ones the grown-ups have, the wait is over. Two toy giants are going head to head, each with a new handheld gadget it describes as Kindle for kids. Fisher Price introduced the iXL, a handheld device for kids 3 to 6 years old, which has six applications, including a game-player, art studio and storybook. VTech launched FLiP™, the world's first animated e-reader for kids. Both toys promise to be at the top of kids' holiday gift lists this year.

Found this:

http://emol.org/emclub/?q=hotbest2008topholidaytoys

which says...

Official top toys for the 2010 holidays

Major toy retailers to release new hot toy lists

Each year in the fall, major toy retailers like Toys R Us, Target and Walmart provide their list of the most anticipated new toys for the upcoming holiday season.

The new, hot toy lists for the 2010 Christmas holiday season serves as a starting point to help parents, friends and family find the perfect gift for any child.

Predicting the best, hot new toys for 2010

The upcoming new Christmas toys will be appearing in store shelves and online catalogs late this summer.

One highly expected hit for the holiday will be 3D home entertainment. New 3D capable TVs, Blu-ray players, DVDs and video games are just starting to reach the market. These 3D sources will help revive the slumping electronics industry.

While consumers have reduced spending through most of 2009, toy makers have been keeping costs in mind.

Discount promo coupons and free shipping are the key words for this spending season. newspublish

According to CBS News, classic toys will make a comeback. Remote control cars and frozen snack machines are back as freeze pop machines.

Some possible brand new, hot toys this year may include electronics such as mini digital cameras like the Jonas Brothers Pix Micro Digital Camera or the Disney Princess Pix Micro Digital Camera from Toys"R"Us, or the Hello Kitty and Friends Plush Doll.

Educational toys are being referred to as working and learning toys. Toys R Us has added a line of toys that help young people learn while having fun.

The 2009 London Toy Fair produced a few options for the Best New Toys of 2010 in the UK. Licensed toy winners include products from Ben 10, Charlie & Lola, In the Night Garden, Peppa Pig, Timmy Time and Yo Gabba Gabba, according to licensingexpo.com.

New Toys for 2010 Index:

3D Home Entertainment: TVs, Video & DVDs

Toys'R'Us annual Hot Holiday Toys list

Toy Guide for Differently-abled Children

Surviving Holiday Gift SHopping

Free Shipping Deals for the Holidays

Black Friday 2010 deals

Cyber Monday 2010 deals

Computer and Video Games Top Holiday Shopping and Wish Lists

Forty-two percent of American adults plan to give or hope to receive a computer or video game this holiday season, according to a new report released today by the Entertainment Software Association (ESA). The poll, conducted by KRC Research, also found that 52 percent of respondents believe that with the current economy, video games are a good option for family entertainment this holiday season. Continue reading about computer and video games for this holiday season.

New Survey: Americans Plan to Spend Less on Holidays but Remain Generous Despite Recession

NEW WORLD VISION STUDY SAYS WE PLAN TO GIVE MORE TO CHARITY WHEN THE ECONOMY IMPROVES

AMERICANS SAY IT'S ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT TO ADDRESS THE NEEDS OF CHILDREN DURING THE HOLIDAYS

The faltering U.S. economy will again force many U.S. adults to cut back on holiday gift spending this year but according to a new study, three out of four Americans (76%) would prefer to receive a meaningful gift that would help someone else instead of a traditional holiday gift like clothing or electronics. And according to the new study commissioned by World Vision, an international relief and development organization, an overwhelming majority (95%), say the nation's focus over the holidays ought to be on helping children. Most Americans also say once the economy improves, they'll increase their donations to charities. According to the poll, conducted by Harris Interactive, almost three out of four (74%) say they'll increase their charitable giving once the economy improves. Continue reading about holiday 2009 spending trends.

Discount clearances on top toys

The economy may be down, but that can be an advantage for the upcoming 2009 consumer Christmas and Channukah holiday toy market.

Major toy retailers have been heavily discounting toy prices to clear inventory of left over toys from the 2008 holiday season.

This is a good chance to get a clearance price on an item that sold for 50-75% more during the 2008 holidays.

Check out left-over deals and clearances from our Holiday Gift Buying Guide.

Toy price wars benefit online shoppers

A toy price war started off the 2008 holiday buying season and still continues through 2009. This page features the top 2009 holiday toys and toy discounts from our toy affiliate advertisers.

Hot new toys for 2010

The Toy Industry Association holds its annual Toy Fair '10 conference in New York City from February 14-17, 2010. The Toy Fair is where members of the toy industry gathers each year to showcase new and upcoming toys for the year. Some of those toys become the year's hit Christmas toy. Hot new toy lists for 2010 will be posted in late fall.

I'm glad to see some of us are in the Christmas spirit! I have been thinking about what will be new & hot this year also. Both my girls (2 & 8 this year) birthdays are in July, so I usually start looking & planning end of July/beginning of August. I look to QVC for some ideas too, esp with their Christmas in July celebration. I will be tuning in on the 24th & 25th to see what they are offering. They usually have fun, unique toys & gifts (with Easy Pay, too!!)

Really started thinking about Christmas on Jan 1 but when the countdown calendar on my screen hit 200 my mind really started into overdrive. Plus June was kind of sucky so I'm feeling the need to work on something more fun...

I received an email from vTech about their new handheld system, Mobigo, its a touchscreen. I was looking to put this on my dd8's list, but I have one problem: I looked it up on walmart.com & it said age range is 3-8, but the highest age range for the games I saw was 5-7, I believe. I would like to get the system, but don't know if the games will be challenging enough for her. Anyone seen this or already purchased this? Thoughts/ideas? Thanks in advance.

I received an email from vTech about their new handheld system, Mobigo, its a touchscreen. I was looking to put this on my dd8's list, but I have one problem: I looked it up on walmart.com & it said age range is 3-8, but the highest age range for the games I saw was 5-7, I believe. I would like to get the system, but don't know if the games will be challenging enough for her. Anyone seen this or already purchased this? Thoughts/ideas? Thanks in advance.

I saw this on display at Toys R Us. I was going to get it for DS for his birthday (he is turning 4) but DH talked me out of it. I do think it is amed for younger kids.

well i know for sure that we are getting the $50 buzz lightyear lol my son has ask for it for weeks now! he runs around the house saying "to infinity & beyond" lol So, i will prob go ahead and get it just in case they get hard to find lol

I saw this on display at Toys R Us. I was going to get it for DS for his birthday (he is turning 4) but DH talked me out of it. I do think it is amed for younger kids.

thank you. I've decided against it. I know she would've loved it because its a touch screen, but I'm not gonna waste my $$$.

well i know for sure that we are getting the $50 buzz lightyear lol my son has ask for it for weeks now! he runs around the house saying "to infinity & beyond" lol So, i will prob go ahead and get it just in case they get hard to find lol

that's a good idea. I think TS3, in general, will be popular this holiday season. The Buzz you're referring to has good reviews, too.

I am so excited to be back here with all my fellow black fridayers this year!! I too am getting ready to start my christmas shopping as i have a long list. i am wondering if any of you have any good ideas for my DD who will be 2 years old this christmas. I have a DS who is seven and i have only had to buy toys for boys so this is all new to me as to what kinds of things to get a girl who is so young. Any ideas would be helpful!

I am so excited to be back here with all my fellow black fridayers this year!! I too am getting ready to start my christmas shopping as i have a long list. i am wondering if any of you have any good ideas for my DD who will be 2 years old this christmas. I have a DS who is seven and i have only had to buy toys for boys so this is all new to me as to what kinds of things to get a girl who is so young. Any ideas would be helpful!

I have a 2 1/2 year old DD, her favorite toys are her 6V 4-wheeler, her shopping cart, and her little tykes "cozy coupe"....HTH

I was at Best Buy last month looking at the Nintendo Ds and DSi and games for them, and an employee told me they were coming out with a new version of the DS that is 3D around Christmastime. You will not need 3d glasses.

Ok, that sounds awesome! :D ....but, I'm wondering what the price will be? If you will have to buy 3d games? If the old games will still play on it? Maybe the DSi XL (which, my DD8 wants) will go on sale if the 3d version does comes out.

I cant wait for the 2010 boards to pop up either! Im def getting into the holiday spirit with all these Christmas in July sales =). When do they usually pop up?

I think its usually something like mid/end of September. Last year, Ace Hardware's ad came out in July or August, that's why Brad got started early. I still think he waited to open the holiday discussion boards until later on.

ok so in regards to my previous post about Buzz...i went to target last night to scope them out and they have a Buzz thats $129!! OMG i was in shock!! idk which one he is gonna get now. He also wants the buzz wings. alot of the smaller toys were sold out and the isle was PACKED! But im sure that its just from where the movie has just came out and such :) Still i need to make sure i get theose 2 things!!

My kids have asked for absolutely NOTHING as far as toys go. I don't watch television so I depend on their wishlist...Why are they not pushing any new toys yet? I wanted so bad just to do a family vacation instead of gifts this year since my kids are 12,9,6 (will be darn near 13/10/07 when christmas gets here) and they have EVERYTHING. But Dh's company does not allow vacation time in the entire month of December. Actually until Jan3rd :(

With this unbearble heat,I am turning to my Happy Place and that it is a cold place for sure.

I'm thinking Black Friday and beyond!

Im hoping to score a good deal on an e-reader for Hubby. I think that's going to be a competitive market this year.

As far as kids go-I've got everything from college aged to Kindergarten so I'm looking at most any and everything!

I am glad I am not the only person thinking about this. I have been looking toys for a six and one year old girls.

I have a 4 yr. old girl and she is very interested in the new Leapfrog Leapster Explorer....$69 + multiple games. Games though age 9. Might be something?

I am glad I am not the only person thinking about this. I have been looking toys for a six and one year old girls.

My DD is 7 and still plays with her Leapster. Last year we got her a camera for her big gift. (She has taken excellent care of it and uses it often) This year she seems to want the Barbie camper, so I am watching for a sale.

It will be Pillow Pets, Toy Story and Cars at our house...at least to this point. I have 2 and 5 year old boys. I bought a ton of the old Toy Story toys that went on clearance at Target a few months ago, so Santa will be bringing those. The boys still actually like to play with their Zhu Zhu pets, so I'm guessing they will get a few more of those. We will have to wait and see what else catches their eye between now and then, lol

It will be Pillow Pets, Toy Story and Cars at our house...at least to this point. I have 2 and 5 year old boys. I bought a ton of the old Toy Story toys that went on clearance at Target a few months ago, so Santa will be bringing those. The boys still actually like to play with their Zhu Zhu pets, so I'm guessing they will get a few more of those. We will have to wait and see what else catches their eye between now and then, lol

My DD8 wants a Pillow Pet, too, so I added that to her list as well as DD2.

Now that I'm really paying attention to the new toys I agree that Toy Story is going to be HUGE! Along with those vtech ereaders. I am def getting that for my dd. My kids have asked for pillow pets too..so I guess Santa will be bringing those as well!