Who's already saving up for Black Friday?

MarkRaby

That's the thing - although there are some legit hot deals on BF, many of the items in the sale ads can be found online for the same price or cheaper in the weeks before Christmas. In fact, we are going to specifically point out many of these items on either the site or the forum. We'll say "Best Buy has this DVD player in their ad for $49.99, but you can order it now for $44.99 with free shipping at Amazon", etc...

That's part of the reason we have the site in the first place, to let people know that many times you can get the same item cheaper online and not have to deal with the crowds. That can cut down on the number of stores you need to hit on BF, increasing your chances of getting everything you want.

Of course, at least for us young and easily-excited types, dealing with the crowds, madness, and chaos is all part of the experience! It's not really a holiday shopping season if you don't get run over by someone else's shopping cart at Wal-Mart :gd_purple

-Mark-

Of course, at least for us young and easily-excited types, dealing with the crowds, madness, and chaos is all part of the experience! It's not really a holiday shopping season if you don't get run over by someone else's shopping cart at Wal-Mart :gd_purple

-Mark-

That's true. But if you can cut your list of stores to hit down from 8-10 down to 4-6, you can still have the full BF experience knowing that you've already got some of the better deals, plus you'll be able to get to the remaining stores a lot quicker.

-Mark-

or even better, be the one doing the running over... :yay:

• 2 weeks later...

I actually saved alot already. This is going to be a great Black friday and I can't wait. Will start to buy for next year as well.

I actually joined last year for bf and was on and off the site for a while due to me being so busy had no time to even check my emails. BUT I AM BACK and hopefully will be able to post more now that I am not so busy.

I actually saved alot already. This is going to be a great Black friday and I can't wait. Will start to buy for next year as well.

I actually joined last year for bf and was on and off the site for a while due to me being so busy had no time to even check my emails. BUT I AM BACK and hopefully will be able to post more now that I am not so busy.

Good to see you back :) Should be a lot of fun again this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Well.. I hope Target has some good deals... cuz I'm paying off my target card so I can use that.. hehe...

I am saving up and clearing room on my cards because one to cut down the debt, but two... I dont want to worry about carrying cash or my checkbook. I just want my license and my credit card, less to carry... last year a few people reported getting their purses stolen because it was in the cart and they were trying to get stuff off the shelves... its a good time for deals, but a good time for ignorant people too...

I can't wait! I hate shopping on any other day... but this day... ooh teh adrenaline.. yeehawww!

Guest Deals4Me

Considering hubby had such a sucky job last year that didnt really allow to buy much EVER, this year, in FACT,yesterday, hubby started a job for a GREAT company... he's off on Thanksgiving (in training, but next year if he wants to work it, 49.00 an hour! And its cool with me since its LITTERALLY across the street)

So this time, this job pays WELL. So we have a lot extra each month....so I am REALLY looking forward to christmas! We are gonna try to save after this 3 weeks is up... its gonna be rough without money for 3 weeks, but after that, its all up!

• 1 month later...

Cool. Thanks for bumping up one of my very first BF threads of the year ;). Man, I guess I've been waiting a LONG time for this year's Black Friday (thread created on 9/11, with 75 days to go). And now it's only 4 days away!

-Mark-

Haha, Thats dedication right there! :gd_devild

Cool. Thanks for bumping up one of my very first BF threads of the year ;). Man, I guess I've been waiting a LONG time for this year's Black Friday (thread created on 9/11, with 75 days to go). And now it's only 4 days away!

-Mark-

Your welcome, couldn't sleep so I thought I would search the forums for something new to talk about. :greenappl