Is it Black Friday yet lol

Mara

Guest DigDoug

Great price. I'm looking for a 17"-19" LCD. Hopefully, it will be under $300.

I got a 19" LCD for $349 I believe. I would hope they will have some sub $300 ones this year.

Great price. I'm looking for a 17"-19" LCD. Hopefully, it will be under $300.

For a BF deal, I would expect a 17" under $200 and a 19" at around $250 - $275. Actually, you may be able to get a Dell 1705FP by the end of Oct for around $200.

With the deployment, there'll be nobody here to stay with the kids while I go from store to store...so I don't get to go out on BF. :( So I'm much less excited this year than I was last year. Online BF is not the same as waiting out in the cold LOL. You'd think being home would be better but I miss the experience.

How old are your kids? Lets ditch them all with my hubby and wait at the PX for the gift cards :)

Mara

Just a few more weeks... maybe sooner... but it'll definitely be up by this time next month.

YAY :gd_not_ri:gd_not_ri:gd_not_ri:gd_not_ri Ok hope all the people that didn't preorder the XBOX 360 $400 one will pay out the nose on ebay for it. I preordered 3. One for hubby 2 to sell. They claim after the november batch you won't be able to get them again till Febuary. So what I need to figure out is do I auction them at the launch for those that need it now and will pay big or will I do better with the last minute Christmas shoppers who can't get one. Maybe sell one at launch and one right before Christmas. Ahhh desisions desisions. Any thoughts on that one. My brother sold PS2's on ebay when they launched and got over $1000 a piece for them. The more I get the better Christmas will be this year :)

Mara

YAY :gd_not_ri:gd_not_ri:gd_not_ri:gd_not_ri Ok hope all the people that didn't preorder the XBOX 360 $400 one will pay out the nose on ebay for it. I preordered 3. One for hubby 2 to sell. They claim after the november batch you won't be able to get them again till Febuary. So what I need to figure out is do I auction them at the launch for those that need it now and will pay big or will I do better with the last minute Christmas shoppers who can't get one. Maybe sell one at launch and one right before Christmas. Ahhh desisions desisions. Any thoughts on that one. My brother sold PS2's on ebay when they launched and got over $1000 a piece for them. The more I get the better Christmas will be this year :)

Mara

Start it on Dec 11, so it ends the 17th. That will probably be your best bet for selling at a price you like.

Personally, I'll probably wait until next BF or post-Christmas to buy a 360, because they will have dropped to a much more reasonable price.

Guest DigDoug

How old are your kids? Lets ditch them all with my hubby and wait at the PX for the gift cards :)

Mara

Mara - That would be very sweet of you to do for Debbie! It would be great if that would work out for you guys. Debbie deserves to take part in Black Friday with the rest of us! :)

Guest DigDoug

IS xbox THAT hot??

I guess to parents who have to get their kids every little thing their heart desires, it is. You won't see me buying it at the initial release price let alone an inflated Ebay price (with or without kids).

nah I'm not buying or selling one, I just want to get some idea about the whole videogame thing and who's who

Gamestop and EBGames tend to have inflated prices. For new releases, Best Buy and the like would have them on sale for the first week it's out - after that, they revert to MSRP. Best bet would be local resale/used stores (not necessarily game stores), or Toys R' Us on clearance/close-out. :)

I guess to parents who have to get their kids every little thing their heart desires, it is. You won't see me buying it at the initial release price let alone an inflated Ebay price (with or without kids).

Its that hot to all you 20 something year old gamer's that aren't married and spend thier lives playing games as well. This system is suppose to be a hot item and as always they probably won't have enough to meet Christmas demand

Mara

They're all pretty much the same. Especially for something that is brand new...no one is going to have it for cheaper on launch day.

From what I can tell they will be about impossible to get on launch day if you didn't preorder one. I preordered 2 at EB and one at Game Stop in July when they first started taking preorder's. Pray they sell for a bunch. I have to sell one before BF cause thats where my spending money is coming from lol

Mara

Gamestop and EBGames tend to have inflated prices. For new releases, Best Buy and the like would have them on sale for the first week it's out - after that, they revert to MSRP. Best bet would be local resale/used stores (not necessarily game stores), or Toys R' Us on clearance/close-out. :)

All the places you mentioned are taking preorder's even Walmart. If you didn't preorder one good luck getting one on the launch date. Next order should be in around Febuary. Then you might find deals but not on the first shipment I bet

Mara

I hope walmart has tvs on sale again. Just need a basic cheapy. I have 4 tvs already, but my son wants one in his room. Pretty much for his game system. Im thinking 15" at least is fine. Nothing fancy. I just hate going to Walmart on Black Friday! I by-passed it last year. Just went to Kmart, Toys R Us, and Kay Bee.

I hope walmart has tvs on sale again. Just need a basic cheapy. I have 4 tvs already, but my son wants one in his room. Pretty much for his game system. Im thinking 15" at least is fine. Nothing fancy. I just hate going to Walmart on Black Friday! I by-passed it last year. Just went to Kmart, Toys R Us, and Kay Bee.

Cheap TVs are one of the few things you can count on for BF. Pretty much every store that carries TVs will have the cheap 13", 19", etc...

• 4 weeks later...