Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

CVS Deals Discussion - February/March '10

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

#31 KC-Traderbear  OFFLINE  

KC-Traderbear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 18, 2010 - 6:38 am

Just in case anyone else was wondering about the Coke deal... I just tried my third transaction on the buy 3 get 1 free and it went through just fine. It was even at the same store. The Coke guy came yesterday and replenished the stock, so I should be good for awhile on my Cherry Zero Coke supply. I also had a $5 off $15, so I grabbed some CVS brand storage bags at buy one get one 1/2 price... 4 12 packs of coke and 2 snack sized boxes of storage bags for just over $9. I was happy.

#32 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Feb 18, 2010 - 9:32 am

Glad you posted and got the deal. I was wondering if it would work again. Valentine's 50% off in north DFW. Nothing remarkable to report. Easter in full swing here . . . bunny baskets everywhere. Maybe some will actually make it to 75% or dare I hope 90%!

#33 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 18, 2010 - 9:34 am

all the chocolate is gone from my stores from Vday - just a bunch of those conversation hearts ..

#34 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 18, 2010 - 9:52 am

The sign said Valentine's will be 50% through 2/21. We can hold out hope it will drop to 75% or they'll just clear the shelves. There was no good candy left, unless you wanted the big boxes, which I didn't want.

GO BRUINS!

#35 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Feb 19, 2010 - 11:15 am

For anyone who might still have room (or the stomach;)) to purchase more Christmas clearance stuff, I found these cute little stuffed American Greeting dogs hanging off the displays in the cards/wrapping paper department. When you press the paw, it sings and wags it's tail to Jingle Bells. Marked $5.99 and when I scanned it, it came up $5.99 but I asked the store manager if they would honor the last clearance price of 90% and he did. Bought all of them for .59 each. I think these will make great "carriers" for the teachers' gift cards at Christmas, and they are actually cheaper than buying a Hallmark card!! [ATTACH]3359[/ATTACH]

#36 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Feb 21, 2010 - 10:24 am

Vday went 75% at my store today. Signs still said 50% off. Found bags of Hershey Kisses mixed in with the regular Kisses. They rang up .75. If you've got little ones, the Toy Story Valentines boxes (the ones that the kiddies exchange with their mates) have full size pencils included. So, got 16 Toy Story pencils for .75. Lots of markdowns in hair accessories. Also found the 3.75 oz bags of Original Chex Mix that were marked down to .89, but rang up .60. Expiration date is July 2010.

#37 supershopper1  OFFLINE  

supershopper1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 21, 2010 - 6:12 pm

Did the Barbies go 75% off today?

#38 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 25, 2010 - 9:28 am

Not blazing hot, but: Almay Intense Eye Makeup, which includes eye shadow, eyeliner and mascara - 5.99 with 2.00 in ECB. I also had a coupon for 2.00 off. Also got 17.37 worth of Clean and Clear although I had NO valid coupons at the time, and got 5.00 in ECB's. Also used a 5/15 coupon. It's nice to have ECB's again.

GO BRUINS!

#39 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Feb 28, 2010 - 8:29 am

Valentine went 90% off here. Not much left but did get the tissue paper for .09, stuffed animals for .59 and found Barbie Beauty Nail Sets, Lip Gloss Sets and Lip Shine Sets that were 4.99 ringing for .49. They were in the fragrance section. Also, Glamour World Lip Gloss set originally 9.99 ringing .99. Some post cereals are 1.88 (I bought Coco Pebbles and Fruity Pebbles) and there were MQs for $1 off 2 boxes in yesterdays paper, so $1.38 per box.

#40 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 1, 2010 - 12:57 pm

Some post cereals are 1.88 (I bought Coco Pebbles and Fruity Pebbles) and there were MQs for $1 off 2 boxes in yesterdays paper, so $1.38 per box.

sad when we are posting about deal on cereal .. lol

Softsoap Body wash is 4.99 with $4 in ECB.

There is also $5 ECB for purchasing Neutrogena Clinical. Combine it with a $5 coupon and a $15 rebate.
http://www.neutrogen...ical.com/offers

This is also on promo at WAGS with $10 RR - so not sure of the better deal - but I am so on the Wags RR boycott right now.

#41 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 1, 2010 - 8:12 pm

they have 40% off CVS products online only until wed (I think) and if you spend over $50 you get free shipping as long as your order is under 10 lbs and they have spend $50 get $10 off and you can combine all these offers I played around with my order for a while, but I think I got a good deal, I won't have to buy tp for a while & I picked up a few other things and it will be shipped to my house, I think I had to spend $60 to get the $10 off and still get the free shipping I'm thinking about placing another order...

#42 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 2, 2010 - 6:56 am

i love ordering online when they do the spend XX get XX off and get free shipping. I did that over the holidays and I saved a ton!

#43 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 2, 2010 - 7:52 pm

i love ordering online when they do the spend XX get XX off and get free shipping. I did that over the holidays and I saved a ton!

I went ahead and placed the second order, nowhere in the email or website could I find "limit one per person" or anything like that about the sale. It's safe to say that I will not be needing to buy tp for a very long time!

#44 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Mar 7, 2010 - 10:22 pm

OMG! Oral-B Toothbrushes are free after ECB, Limit 2!

GO BRUINS!

#45 debbieshops2003  OFFLINE  

debbieshops2003

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Mar 9, 2010 - 8:58 am

I'm new to CVS shopping and ECB. If the Oral B toothbrushes are free after ECB is that something I can spend my already earned ECB on. So I'm just exchanging ECB for new ECB? I have like 9.00. Do I have to spend all 9.00 in one transaction?

#46 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Mar 9, 2010 - 9:48 am

I'm new to CVS shopping and ECB. If the Oral B toothbrushes are free after ECB is that something I can spend my already earned ECB on. So I'm just exchanging ECB for new ECB? I have like 9.00. Do I have to spend all 9.00 in one transaction?

Yes, you can use ECB to purchase other ECB items, and get ECBs. This is what I did yesterday. (I unfortunately, AGAIN lost my ECB/Coupon folder, with $7.00 in ECBs in it. ARGH.)

1. Purchase one toothbrush at 4.00 + tax, total OOP is 4.37. Earn 4.00 in ECB. (You may have coupons too, use them!)
2. Second transaction, purchase a second toothbrush at 4.00, use the 4.00 ECB earned in the first transaction. Paid the tax (0.37) and earned another 4.00 in ECB.

I am now maxed out on ECBs for this promo. I personally like to split up my ECB purchases unless I have a coupon for XX off XX because for something like the toothbrushes, it will lump all your ECBs together into one coupon (so you'll have one 8.00 ECB for Oral-B toothbrushes if you purchased both at the same time) and you have to spend all of it at the same time.

You don't have to spend all 9.00 in one transaction unless it is ECB that says 9.00. Then it is highly advisable to spend all 9.00 because it is your advantage. Also see what coupons are available that week - I usually get a 5 off 20 in our local paper every week, and combine it with the ECBs you have, your manufacturer coupons and what new deals you can do to get more ECBs.

GO BRUINS!

#47 1angelnhvn  OFFLINE  

1angelnhvn

Shopoholic

• 1,457 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 9, 2010 - 9:58 am

Just found a $10 ECB that I let expire!!!!!!! DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate it when that happens! We were out of town over the weekend and it wasn't the top thing on my mind. I keep thinking I'm saving them for a better sale the following week and end up losing them! I'm just sick over it........

#48 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 9, 2010 - 10:02 am

And I found $8 .. don't feel bad.

#49 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Mar 9, 2010 - 10:53 am

Just found a $10 ECB that I let expire!!!!!!! DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate it when that happens! We were out of town over the weekend and it wasn't the top thing on my mind. I keep thinking I'm saving them for a better sale the following week and end up losing them! I'm just sick over it........

See if your CVS will still honor the expired ECB. I've had a couple expire before and I bring them in, ask the manager if he will still honor them, and they've never said no. The ones I've done this with have only been a couple days outside their expiration dates, but ask before you do your shopping. I feel your pain . . . it's like giving away $$. Hope you still get yours redeemed! Good Luck.

#50 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 9, 2010 - 10:56 am

my cute little guy that works the morning shift has told me that too. However, mine expired Jan 23 - but I plan on asking anyway. All they can do is say no.

#51 lakj98  OFFLINE  

lakj98

• 1,164 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Mar 9, 2010 - 11:20 am

I have had some expire several times before and they always let me use them. I would ask.

#52 1angelnhvn  OFFLINE  

1angelnhvn

Shopoholic

• 1,457 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 11, 2010 - 1:08 pm

Well, I tried and was shot down immediately, no hesitation! Sad thing is I went ahead and bought everything I had even though I couldn't. Now I want to return the stuff. Didn't want to ask first and give them time to think about it! Bummer! :(

#53 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 11, 2010 - 1:38 pm

CVS lets you return merchandise. I'd return it.

#54 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Mar 11, 2010 - 1:39 pm

I lost $7.00 in ECB when I left my coupon file in a shopping cart and it hasn't been turned in. :( at least no one else can use it.

GO BRUINS!

#55 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 18, 2010 - 12:03 pm

I keep getting lucky and keep getting $5/$30 purchase coupons. I finally used one this weekend - worked nice on the CVS toilet paper deal!

#56 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Mar 18, 2010 - 12:32 pm

I've been purchasing random stuff on sale at CVS without ECB - this morning I got sugar, nuts and something else so I could use my Discover Card and get 5% back this month. I'm still trying to find a better deal to roll my ECB into.

GO BRUINS!

#57 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 18, 2010 - 12:40 pm

The Glad deal is pretty good - especially with the coupons. Buy $10 in Glade, get $4 ecb and you can do this deal twice. With the coupons I had, I pretty much got back in ECBs all the money I had to put out - one deal was a money maker.

#58 mysschevous  OFFLINE  

mysschevous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Mar 18, 2010 - 4:49 pm

I lost $7.00 in ECB when I left my coupon file in a shopping cart and it hasn't been turned in. :( at least no one else can use it.

I have been able to get them to send a reprint for a lost ECB by calling. You might want to try that. :)

#59 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 19, 2010 - 6:02 am

I have been able to get them to send a reprint for a lost ECB by calling. You might want to try that. :)

you were lucky. They wouldn't reprint them for me the last time I called customer service.

#60 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Mar 25, 2010 - 12:39 pm

Just got a coupon via email from CVS for either a free 12 oz body wash or a free CVS brand fudge brownie or chocolate chip cookie dough bites (3.25oz). Also, received a $3 of $3 or more purchase as a birthday coupon. Guess I'm headed to CVS tomorrow!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users